Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Are you fellow Canadians having a hard time getting primers?Or is it just us Saskatchewanites.Or possibly just me.I ran out of magnum primers last spring,now I just have a couple hundred standard primers.I.ve been getting it done with the 06 but wouldn't mind doing some load development with the 7mm mag.Every time I visit the gun shop they are always out.It's getting annoying.

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
And the price is going up badly if they ARE available.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Your not alone, I have not been able to get my hands on Varget, or magnum primers for 4 months!

Somewhere, there is a village missing its idiot!!!
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by SawDoctor
Are you fellow Canadians having a hard time getting primers?Or is it just us Saskatchewanites.Or possibly just me.I ran out of magnum primers last spring,now I just have a couple hundred standard primers.I.ve been getting it done with the 06 but wouldn't mind doing some load development with the 7mm mag.Every time I visit the gun shop they are always out.It's getting annoying.

You need to get out more. I was at the Swift Current gun show last week. Every component dealer there had stacks of LR MAG primers even some Fed 215's

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
on my way through picked up some varget and 1000 fed match SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS all in stock wholesale grande prarie and they had cci and winn large rifle

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by h0ok

You need to get out more. I was at the Swift Current gun show last week. Every component dealer there had stacks of LR MAG primers even some Fed 215's

That would be "getting out" alright!! Not interested in driving 20 hours east for them! wink

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Shack. What part of the original posters location did you miss?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My inventory is lower than normal,but I still have 3000 federal 210s,and 3000 Federal 205Ms.I usually keep my inventory at around 5000 of each just in case there are shortages.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nothing at all, you just obviously missed my location or my " wink "

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will trade you all the varget and primers you want of a white tail hunt!

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by SHACK
[quote=SawDoctor]Are you fellow Canadians having a hard time getting primers?Or is it just us Saskatchewanites.Or possibly just me.I ran out of magnum primers last spring,now I just have a couple hundred standard primers.I.ve been getting it done with the 06 but wouldn't mind doing some load development with the 7mm mag.Every time I visit the gun shop they are always out.It's getting annoying.

Swift Current is a 5 hour one way drive.But thanks for sharing that tidbit.I'll bet that gun shop that I deal with stocked up at one of these recent gunshows.(Swift Current,Saskatoon)I`ll be giving him a call asap.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D

I agree, I was at the same show and replenished my reloading components inventory with no problem at all. There did not seem to be any shortages of any reloading components.

Last edited by deadeye; 04/09/10.

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I bought a bunch last year at highway robbery prices. It hurt at the time, but I've forgotten the price and am well stocked for the foreseeable future.

I'm seeing a few more start to show up on shelves in BC.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm still stocked up primer-wise from the Clinton era shortage. This current shortage seems alot worse. Currently stocking up on brass and bullets.

MtnHtr

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SHACK
Your not alone, I have not been able to get my hands on Varget, or magnum primers for 4 months!

Shack, If you get up my way this spring or summer give me a shout. I have a good number of Federal magnum large rifle primers on hand.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thanks Boo, If things are still tight when I head up through your way I will give ya a hollar wink

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was at the Calgary gun show a couple weeks ago and paid 55$ for a brick of 205m's. Mounain Man in Cranny has cci LRmag primers or they did last week...

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Federal primers are starting to show up again....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gatehouse;
At the Penticton show last weekend one table had pretty much every flavor of Federal including some match for $40/1000.

Another table had either Winchester or CCI Large Rifle for $35/1000.

Have a good weekend Gatehouse!

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Finaly sourced some Varget and primers in a few flavours!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,115
Posts18,483,452
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.