Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I received my AA 22 conversion kit for my Glock 21SF last week-I lucked out, as Lone Wolf happened to have 2 kits in stock when I called!
grin
This thing is a hoot, I put 200 rds of Remington bulk golden bullet HPs though it in short order.

Kit included some cleaning supplies and a warning about what ammo is suitable-they aren't kiddin either, as I also tried some American Eagle HPs that the pistol choked on!

[Linked Image]

A couple of views on the slide installed on the G21SF frame:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A view of the slide assembly, looks pretty similar to the innards of a Glock, big surprise, right?
laugh

[Linked Image]

So far, I am real happy with this setup, I look forward to doing a lot more practice than otherwise possible, what with the price of 45 ammo these days.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Thanks for the update, great looking conversion. I've been pondering the purchase of this conversion for some time. What kind of accuracy are you getting (Range)?

Last edited by Grizzly1; 04/07/10.
340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Grizzly,
I have not had a chance to put it on paper, I am planning on doing so this coming weekend-I am curious to see how it shoots, in case I didn't mention, it has the Glock Style adjustable rear sight, which is nice, IMO.

I just noticed I titled my thread with 'Accurate Arms' instead of 'Advantage Arms!'
oops...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I am glad to see ya packing that G21SF. I picked one up myself, what a fine gun. The conversion unit may be the ultimate practical accessory!

Now if only the wind would stop blowing enough to shoot the danged thing!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...the wind ever stop blowing out there?

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I am glad to see ya packing that G21SF. I picked one up myself, what a fine gun. The conversion unit may be the ultimate practical accessory!

Now if only the wind would stop blowing enough to shoot the danged thing!

Mackay,
I really like that 21SF, fits my hands much better than the old style 20/21s. I have been shooting some old Wolf 230gr stuff through it, talk about mild recoil.
I first took it out with the conversion last weekend, it was too windy for my target stand to stay upright so I shot cans and such instead.
grin

James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
340boy
You will really like the Advantage Arms kit, they are really accurate and a lot of fun. Just keep feeding it ammo!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's a very restrictive list of acceptable ammo. No Federal other than Auto Match? No Winchester of any kind? No standard velocity other than Remington Target?

At quick glance it seems that they are specifying ammo in the 1200 fps range.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Looks like a really fun conversion unit, Tim. How did it shoot for accuracy?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
That's a very restrictive list of acceptable ammo. No Federal other than Auto Match? No Winchester of any kind? No standard velocity other than Remington Target?

At quick glance it seems that they are specifying ammo in the 1200 fps range.

Paul

Paul,
agreed.
It is especially restrictive for the G21/20 kit.
So far, I have tried Remington bulk pack, the 36gr? hollowpoints which worked great, I also put about 40 American Eagle hp's through it-it didn't like the AE's at all.
I am sure I will try some other stuff here soon.

Ricky,
I haven't had the chance to test for accuracy as yet.
Maybe this weekend, but I hear it is supposed to be very windy.
frown

James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,931
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.