Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
1/2 Polish (Mom's side; she was first generation american)
Almost 1/2 German with some Scotch-Irish and French Huegenot thrown in.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Adam is as far back as my ancestry can be traced, bu there's some gaps -- like the missing link -- that would be my brother - medicman. Hairiest human you ever did see. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
dads side Irish, Scottish moms side Spanish ,Cuban and Apache put all together and you get a 100% Texan

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Northern European, non Scandanavian mutt descendant of folks who were likely themselves mutts before they left Europe. I forget the details but I think I'm a fairly even mix of Irish, German / "lowland dutch", and maybe Welsh, plus 1/64 spanish. Or so they say.

100% Oregonian. smile (ptttthhhhhhhbbbbtttt)

Last edited by T_O_M; 04/09/10.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
3/4 German 1/4 Scottish. Both sides arrived here in the 1740s.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

As far as citizenship in the US is concerned, my family is/was legal all the way.

Now, if you want to talk about pre-Christian times, I frankly don't know what my kin were up to.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Father's side (Welsh) was here in 1776 - one of them signed the declaration. Mother's side came from Germany in the late 1880's. As far as I know, all came with the blessing of the ruling legal authority at the time. On the other hand, I doubt any of them got permission from the native Americans. Of course, then again, I wonder who the native Americans got permission from to immigrate from Asia.

Last edited by ralphbeagle; 04/09/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Quote from Rattler:

"she is also a blood relative to Jesse James.....she has a photo of her great grand father and Jesse together at a county fair"....

My mother has a cup that was supposedly given to one of our great grandmothers by Jesse James..

The family hide him and his gang for a while, as the story goes, and he gave a silver cup to their new born daughter.. as the story goes with the cup.. it was probably stolen..

I remember as a kid when it was on my grandmothers bedroom table back in the 1950s..

all my wife has is a photo and stories that her grandfather never knew what color his horses were gonna be when they got up in the morning grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ralphbeagle
Of course, then again, I wonder who the native Americans got permission from to immigrate from Asia.

If they immigrated from Asia, I guess they weren't native Americans, now, were they?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My dad's parents both came to the US through Ellis Island from Italy back in the early years of the 20th Century. My mom's ancestors have been here since colonial days, all of whom settled in the South. There is only one story surviving of the circumstance of two of her ancestors. Their family name was Allen, and they were two teenage brothers who were Shanghaied from Ireland by "pirates" (the story goes), and forced to work aboard ship as they sailed back and forth to the English colonies. They probably weren't so much pirates as private merchant sailors trading goods back and forth who just needed a couple of extra crewmen. Anyway, they escaped captivity in Virginia, and my grandmother used to recount it as it was recounted to her by her older relatives. She told of them running and hiding under someone's porch, and they heard the foot steps of the sailors charging up the porch step and banging on the door asking if the residents had seen them, and then going off to the next house. Finally, when the ship set sail, they came out and scrounged for a living till they found good jobs, and established the Allen branch of my family in the United States. I guess you could say they were illegals, maybe, but I'm not sure what legal process one had to go through back then, if any. Probably none.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dad's side: Scotland around the 1740s. Mom's side: Poland and Slovakia late 18-early 1900s.

<~~~~~~~ Family colors.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't think of a single thing my family ever did that was legal:), so I'm sure SOMEONE was an illegal.

I think it�s interesting that my father in law, who is from Mexico and 110% Mexican, really dislikes illegals from Mexico (and just about anywhere else). He doesn�t so much mind true seasonal workers who come here for work that others won�t do, but he is greatly offended by those whom jump the border and sponge off the system. My father in law was a very hard working man, and has the trashed back to prove it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mine were Swiss who were robbed by French pirates on the way over, and had to fight Indians to settle what would become New Bern, NC in 1710. By the Revolutionary War, one of them was operating a ferry on the Congeree River in what is now Columbia, SC. In the 1800s they immigrated to Georgia, then Alabama, and finally, Arkansas where they were at the start of the Civil War.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mother's side of the family came from: Russia,Switzerland, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany with some Shawnee, and Cherokee, and African thrown in for good measure.

They arrived in VA in the early 1700's.

Dad's side of the family came primarily from France and England with some Cherokee thrown in. They came to NC in the mid-1700's.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just spoke with my Dad and he said we are all really from Kenya. I hope I am not related...

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dad's side is half Volga German and half Irish. Mom's is Scottish and English. No amazing stories, wealth, royalty or signing of famous documents......just a bunch of dirt farmers and poor white folk. That should probably qualify me for some sort of stimulus package......not holding my breath though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scotch-Irish on both sides. Settled in Virginia, Westmoreland County, I believe. Then moved south to North Carolina until getting tired of Reconstruction and heading west. Mom's family I don't know as much about, but they were in South Carolina, Alabama and Arkansas before the War. Then in Texas afterwards. Most of my closest relatives live in Kansas and Texas.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
American since the 1750s.

German before that though.

Sam......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Half Dago and half Limey, all American.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've traced it all the way back to a small village in Switzerland called "Eversole," which loosely translates to "the place where men hunt wild boar." That explains a lot... particularly the long line of trigger-pulling ancestors afterwards -- from the Revolutionary War to the present.

The good news is it gives me an excuse. It's clearly genetic. wink

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.