Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Story: Makes me sick. I do not care for those darn Pitbulls.
Shoot all them bastids...

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There may have been a small problem with that impala too...
[Linked Image]
Probably about how that poor kid looked after hawks favorite breed of dog was done.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
[quote=86thecat]There may have been a small problem with that impala too...
[Linked Image]
/quote]

Well if the lion's owner had been more responsible that never would have happened...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by HawkI
And some folks think cops beat people and shoot dogs (sorry, "pets") for no reason.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2009/09/18/cheye-calvo-reflects-on-swat-shooting/

I'm sure the infant will get "justice" and two glass nutz outta the deal, so long as folks like you're around....

Check another douche who entirely misses the point, that I'd not raise a pinky for in time of need.....

Hey JasonB, you ever witness someone trying to kill a child, maybe their own?

Yeah....

I just posted the reason why "some folks think cops beat people and shoot dogs (sorry, "pets") for no reason." Do you wish to accept the reason why people get that idea, simply ignore the reason why people get that idea, or would you like to go all out and launch in to a spiel on how the mayor, his family, and his pets had it coming?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i don't get how when the media plays up the "big scary gun" angle we scoff and say how obvious it is that they select and blow it out of proportion due to a gun being involved.

geez, they'd NEVER do that to any OTHER subject...

...like maybe a big scary dog angle? hello?

you guys see Labs in the news? so, you think that's because they have never in their history, bitten someone?

not on either "side" here so save your vitriol for someone else. but at least engage your brains.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for the baby.

VA is correct the mother and boyfriend should be put down along with the dogs.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i don't get how when the media plays up the "big scary gun" angle we scoff and say how obvious it is that they select and blow it out of proportion due to a gun being involved.

geez, they'd NEVER do that to any OTHER subject...

...like maybe a big scary dog angle? hello?

you guys see Labs in the news? so, you think that's because they have never in their history, bitten someone?

not on either "side" here so save your vitriol for someone else. but at least engage your brains.

Exactly, except you might be surprised as to how many here are in favor of banning big scary guns if you let them expound on their views a bit particularly if members of their own faith are the ones doing the initial banning.

Had a neighbor rescue an abandoned pitbull that was friendly with all the adults in the neighborhood, but aggressive towards other animals which lead to her euthanization, but I have had 2 chocolate lab neighbors that were also aggressive towards other neighborhood pets, one of which jumped my mutt in my driveway last week. "But that's like my hunting dog" so it must be ok.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I dont care what kind of animal it is.If it is aggressive towards other animals including people,it needs to be put down.I think we start with the pitbulls as soon as possible.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdm953
I dont care what kind of animal it is.If it is aggressive towards other animals including people,it needs to be put down.I think we start with the pitbulls as soon as possible.

Ok, all of you with Chocolate Labs show up at my house because I have had enough of that crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to point out what SHOULD be obvious...Guns are totally incapable of commencing any sort of action on their own. Big nasty dogs and and very nasty PEOPLE otoh are the crux of the problems. They can and do commence action on their own. Call this about "canine profiling".

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
How many incidents does it take to realize pitbulls are unpredictable animals?

People are ignorant for having one as a family pet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have seen 2 chocolate labs attacking neighbors dogs so it is apparently a trait inherent to the breed and it is only a matter of time till they switch to children. If it saves the life of one child many of you should be happy to give up a duck hunting component.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i am aware that dogs make their own decisions and guns do not. i took that into account.

my point is we don't hear about labs or golden retrievers because the news knows it won't get attention that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Is it already time for our periodic two minutes of hate? Wow, time flies. OK, I'll provide the picture. Now, everybody shout out your hatred for this breed of dog. Let it be loud and angry, now, as representatives of the ministry of love are among us. Hit "play" now, and the Oceania National Anthem will play in the background as we all express our hate towards the picture. I know you are passionate about your dogs, Hawk, but how can you possibly think there isn't something inherently wrong with this breed? I'm sorry Dude, but when's the last time you heard a thread about someone's beagle EATING A BABY'S NUTS? Like it or not, these dogs are very dangerous. How many attacks have to occur before your realize this?

[Linked Image]

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look up Beagle bites (or any other breed) and it makes vet/pet type forum news. Look up protection type dog bites and it makes the mainstream news. Not as exciting when a cocker spaniel does it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a pit when I was in the Navy, two actually and they were great with kids.

I have a chocolate lab now who is great with my 1 1/2 year old son.

few things to note, I never leave any animal with a child ever. I don't care how much I "trust" the animal, or how well I "know" it. its still a damn animal and they do chit people can't explain. why give them the opportunity? many of these stories have the same start. the baby/kid was left alone with a dog.

I'm not with one extreme or another on the pit bull issue. I've seen some really good ones who were gentle as can be. and I've seen some that no one could get near. seen other breeds the same
so I don't think its the breed, with one exception, I've heard pits at a later age can have pressure put on their brains for some reason, I think it was brain grows to tight against the skull, and it makes them temperamental and prone to attack, not all just some. so I would be more leary around them than other breeds, but I'm not about to write them all off. but it would be the last breed I would advocate to a family with children to get as a pet, which is why I have a lab.

I don't understand how some people can say "all pits will go bad at some point, they are dangerous and only know how to kill, its just a matter of time" sounds like the arguments the antigunners have about us. and they lump us all into the same "dangerous" category whenever a firearm related incident happens. I'm not about to tell someone they are right or wrong, just trying to bring up some other things to think about than just "they are all bad, or all good" there has to be more than that.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is one thread that I would like to see BCBrian weigh in on. He had a really nasty episode with his long time pet pit that defied explanation..at least at the time. I do not know if he ever found an explanation.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Pitbull lovers can try justifying all they want, but the FACT is, pitbulls are the most non trust worthy dog to have around friends & family.

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

You are a retard if you bring one home for a family pet.

(Quote} "In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers"

Last edited by slg888; 04/11/10.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
yes, and who owns a lot of pits and rotts? hmmm

not to stereotype....but i don't see many criminal-looking types walking my city's streets with labs. they have rotts and pits.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's all in the odds. Yes, on occasion you'll hear of a lab that went bad. But labs are the most numerous breed in the country. By comparison, pits are fairly uncommon, but the ratio of bad ones is far higher.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 257man, 59 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,363
Posts18,527,223
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.