Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
An Army physician is refusing to deploy to Afghanistan because he says that Obama is not qualified to be president due to not being a natural-born citizen, and the Army has taken the first steps toward court martial. See the MSNBC article at the link below:

Army officer challenging Obama's citizenship

The issue has apparently come up before in the case of a Reservist who volunteered to go and then refused on the grounds that Obama could not issue a lawful order as a result of not being a natural-born citizen:

quote from linked article:
Last summer, an Army Reserve major volunteered to serve in Afghanistan, then filed suit to keep from being deployed, arguing that Obama was not a natural-born citizen. But a federal judge rejected the case, saying it was moot because the Army had already said that under rules for reserve volunteers, he didn't have to go.
-----------

Somehow I have a feeling the Pentagon tries to sweep this current case of the physician refusing to deploy under the rug to keep from having to prove Hussein's citizenship in a court setting. However, who knows, this could be the situation that brings down the whole Soros-Obama house of cards and kills the Obamacare Law. Kinda ironic that it is a physician that is trying to bring down Hussein.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There's a Lt. Col., trying the same tactic.. I wonder how that will turn out?

Somehow I have a feeling the Pentagon tries to sweep this current case of the physician refusing to deploy under the rug to keep from having to prove Hussein's citizenship in a court setting.
Ya think? Not just the Pentagon - every court has refused to get into that powder keg.. They have families to consider..

I'm sure Junior1942 is about ready to join in.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are fools and then there are damn fools; this guy is the latter. I wouldn't throw away my career over Obama. The friggin issue is DEAD. Get over it, he's President and it isn't going to change until we either vote his arse out, or his second term expires...Let's hope it's the former.

The "birthers" are pathetic.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Adolf Obama's citizenship has to be challenged or we will have foreign presidents from here on out.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Agree. I think the guys didn't want to deploy. The Army doesn't have to prove Obama's citizenship, only that these [bleep] refused to deploy.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just some slick-sleeve Sally trying to dodge a deployment.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Adolf Obama's citizenship has to be challenged or we will have foreign presidents from here on out.
It was challenged; the challenge failed...it's OVER.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gene L
Agree. I think the guys didn't want to deploy. The Army doesn't have to prove Obama's citizenship, only that these [bleep] refused to deploy.
I'm not a lawyer and I don't know what these guys are thinking, whether they're using the issue or honestly don't feel he has authority. I think you're right though, that the Army won't even have to prove anything about Obama, just that they refused to go.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope these guys are into January in Leavenworth, Kansas.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Last I heard, Hawaii was part of the USA. Dang, I just realized that I helped a birther waste bandwidth.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
There are fools and then there are damn fools; this guy is the latter. I wouldn't throw away my career over Obama. The friggin issue is DEAD. Get over it, he's President and it isn't going to change until we either vote his arse out, or his second term expires...Let's hope it's the former.

The "birthers" are pathetic.
Pathetic? For demanding that he provide irrefutable proof he is eligible for the job? As has been already said, it opens the door for a non-native President. Can you say "world government"? I think it is pathetic that people are willing to accept very thin documentation of his eligibility, or that we, as American citizens, have no "standing" to demand he produce adequate documentation. Futher, he referred to himself as a Kenyan, when running for Senate. The Constitution is important, and these people are grinding it under their heels.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gene,

The military has to prove the order is a lawful order. The vast majority of the time, the legality of orders isn't challenged, but when the legality of an order is challenged, it is up to the court with jurisdiction to determine the level of burden for the military to prove the order is lawful. The court martial could punt and say they watched the inauguration either in person or on TV and that the military recognized Obama as CinC, so therefore Obama is rightfully president, or they could say the issue hadn't been fully resolved in court and let the defendant's lawyers go after Obama. I really doubt the latter is going to happen, but the defendant does appear to be itching to go to court martial with his case, and there are no guarantees at trial.

I think the defendant's lawyer would have a little difficulty getting the documents he needs in discovery, but that's not my problem, and I'm wishing the lawyer success.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Kevin,

Obama's citizenship was challenged in civilian court, not military court, and IIRC the Supreme Court didn't take the case on appeal. Also, IIRC the federal court that ruled essentially said the case was moot because the election had occurred and Obama had been sworn in. My personal opinion is that that isn't enough for a court martial to deny the man his defense, but I'm not a JAG lawyer either.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This one won't work. What we need is a bunch of states refusing to acknowledge laws passed by congress because they aren't signed by a legal president.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well whether you like the results or not. Whether you agree with the conclusions made by the courts or not, doesn't change the fact that the birth debate has gone as far as it's going to go. The issue is DEAD.

Really now...Is there anyone on this forum that truely thinks that the issue will suddenly get pushed through and Obama will be un-seated? Really?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, it's pathetic. Losers whining about it are even more pathetic.

Also, I don't think there IS a discovery rule in the UCMJ.

Last edited by Gene L; 04/14/10.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the lawsuit is stupid, but on the other hand, I WOULD like to see some transcripts, school records, and a bona-fide birth cert. Just to feel better about my country, ya know.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I think the lawsuit is stupid, but on the other hand, I WOULD like to see some transcripts, school records, and a bona-fide birth cert. Just to feel better about my country, ya know.

That is how I see it.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Really now...Is there anyone on this forum that truely thinks that the issue will suddenly get pushed through and Obama will be un-seated? Really?
I don't.. It will be buried until the Messiah leaves office..

Some day, some way, the real truth - one way or the other - will come out.. I hope I live long enough to find out what IS the truth..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well whether you like the results or not. Whether you agree with the conclusions made by the courts or not, doesn't change the fact that the birth debate has gone as far as it's going to go. The issue is DEAD.

No, it is not dead. It won't be dead until his birth, adoption and education records are all released.

Hawaiian vs. Kenyan birth aside, I can easily say that 0bama was adopted by Soetero and that he is legally a citizen of Indonesia. You cannot prove that statement as incorrect until you see whatever adoption records and education records there are.

Natural born does not mean dual citizen!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,777 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,225
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.