CZ 75B

bought mine NIB for $600

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have compared several 9mm Lugers last summer and for accuracy I think the Sig Sauer is going to be hard to beat for the money spent. The wife has one downstairs and it will outshoot her Glock by at least an 1.25 in smaller group size at 30 feet.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
a CZ 75 without a doubt is what you want, its way more gun than a block, with the glock its DAO, that means the trigger will never be that great. a guy could pick up a CZ 75, send it off to angus or matt mink to be pimped out and still be way under $700, way more accurate than a glock and probably pretty much anything else.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems like your focus is on new pistols, but if used is a possibility some of the best deals out there are S&W's. $450 or less will get you a very nice 5900 or 3900 series pistol.

My everyday range pistol for 15-years, the one that gets thrown in the bag with a Skippy jar full of ammo, is a M5906. That pistol has broken in a lot of new shooters and is the one I bring for others to bang away with. I've stopped saying how many rounds its fired due to the BS flags folks rain down on me, but the truth is the truth.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A friend just bought a S&W M&P. He paid too much for it, since another table had one for $519.00. I shot it and liked it. Nice gun.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I vote for a Glock 19 equipped with night sites. Then spend the balance of the $700 on ammo.

Or go the classic route and look for a clean BHP.

+1 on the Glock 19.
I have been CCW'ing one for years-love it.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

You know, there are so MANY great quality 9MM Pistols out there, in so many configurations - expensive and inexpensive ... It's really difficult to go too far wrong".

Do you prefer a Polymer, Alloy, or Steel constructed pistol? A certain size or weight of pistol? D/A or S/A? Does a certain Brand Name Firearm appeal to you?

My advice is: Go to the Gun Stores near you and see for yourself what's out there, and look at, and handle the pistols that do appeal to you ... even some pistols that don't appeal to you.

You are an "individual" and what appeals to you, and especially FEELS right to you ... just may be the Ticket!

Also, beware of the the salesman across the the counter ... He too is an "individual", but sometimes one claiming to be an "expert", and he may advise you- only in regard his own personal preferences.

If you find a handgun YOU like, and it FEELS right, it probably IS right (for You).

But before you buy: Go back to your home, and to your Computer and Google "Reviews" of your potential choice and personal side-arm ... and get some objective and tested information, both pro and con.

Then, YOU decide.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I appreciate all the help guys. I went back to the store I have the gift card for and checked out their selection. I think I am going to go with the Glock 34 for now and start on a search for a good, used Browning Hi-Power. They seemed to be the 2 that I liked the best and fit the application that I wanted. Like I said I appreciate all the information that you guys put forth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too will put a good word in for the GLOCKS! Very dependable pistol and their recoil is less than many others on the market today. I just picked up another Glock for the wife in a model 27 (.40cal S&W) as her CCW weapon now.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
I appreciate all the help guys. I went back to the store I have the gift card for and checked out their selection. I think I am going to go with the Glock 34 for now and start on a search for a good, used Browning Hi-Power. They seemed to be the 2 that I liked the best and fit the application that I wanted. Like I said I appreciate all the information that you guys put forth.
In all my years of shooting, I've never owned a Hi Power. They just don't speak to me, as VA would say.

I'm not much on Glocks either, due to the KABOOM! factor. Lots of great 9's out there. I would put the Beretta 92 at the top of the list. I'll also second what others have said about the Taurus clone thereof. I had one in stainless with the checkered wood grips. A beautiful gun. Made on the Beretta machinery in Brazil, I believe. SIG's are great guns too. The discontinued P228 was great for CCW, but you didn't specify concealment. Others have said the CZ, and I would go with them being top-shelf too.

My current 9 is a Smith and I've owned several of them over the years. I currently have an M&P. No complaints, but it's pretty pedestrian. The 5906 mentioned earlier is a great gun, one of the best IMO. I'm sure some of its offshoots were good too. I would eschew the 39's and 59's that came before it, as there were some problems.

Basically for me, in a full-size it would be Beretta, SIG and CZ, in that order or not. They're all good.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My all around shooting 9mm is a Beretta 92F. Go handle as many 9mm pistols as you can and get the one that feels the best to you. I don't have a Glock, but if I were to get one I would probable get the Glock 17, I like the original and in my opinion it is the best of the line. There are many great 9mm's out there, the Browning HiPower, CZ75, Sig P226, Beretta 92F & PX4 Storm, H&K USP, S&W M&P etc. go handle as many as you can and make your pick.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
S&W M&P 9mm, in my opinion

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Get the Glock 34! You won't be disappointed. Very easy to shoot good and you can buy a better fixed rear sight and a better front sight. I love my 34 and it's pretty accurate as well. You will love it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I really like the CZ85. The fit and finish on mine is excellent, it holds 16 rds, and I love the way it fits my hand. Don't overlook the FNP-9 either. It has all the features you could want and are great shooters. My personal preference is currently a FNP-40 and it is more accurate at 25 yards than most of my Glocks.

But as AR15a292f said, try as many as you can before you buy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone should own one of Mr. Browning's Hi Powers. Also, check out the S&W Mod 39. Very slick single stack.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Don't forget about the springfield XD or XDM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't overlook the Steyr M9A1. It is a great pistol to cover all the bases. I am a CZ fan also.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Check out the vStoeger Cougar. It is made in Turkey on Beretta machinery. It always on sale at the Boise Cabela store for $400. I have a friend in Portland who shoots one and likes it. The reviews on it are all good.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I agree that everyone should own a Hi Power pistol. But used ones now run for $700 plus and new ones are $900-$1000. You can find Charles daly HP's for $500. I recently got Cabelas to sell me mine for $429.

And most Hi Powers need a trigger job, with or without it's magazine trigger block being removed.

Keep an eye out at your local Cabelas. The one in Boise sold out a stock of HP factory variant called the FNH-HP. Cabelas sold out of them in a week at $600 plus tax. If you can find own on gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com they cost a $1000.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mdv1state
Don't forget about the springfield XD or XDM

That and the Ruger SR9.

NRA Life Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (3333vl, 44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.