Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by husqvarna
The connection between salt intake and hypertension and heart disease is rather shakey. There are some individuals who are salt sensitive, but most studies of the general population don't show firm proof that normal levels of salt use are a health problem.

ive watched my wife put away massive amounts of salt and her blood pressure runs really low.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Foxnews has a poll on whether the government should regulate our food. 94% are saying no at this point.

FOOD POLL

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pete E

I partly agree with that, except that many times you don't have a choice because salt is already added to pre prepared food by the manufacturers.

I personally don't have an issue with salt levels being reduced at that stage as long as it remains a personal choice if we add it later.

With "real" food, were are of course in much more control.

I still add small amounts of salt while cooking, but have switched to using Lo Salt which I find an acceptable alternative in most cases...

I hear ya. I just have a big problem with the morons in "government" deciding how much and in what we can have salt. This should be solved in the marketplace and not in the halls of Congress.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Weren't salt taxes the straw that broke England's back in India? Wasn't that what got Gandhi going, till the Brits were forced to give India it's independence? Seems like that's the case, IIRC.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
With unemployment thru the roof, foreclosures at never before levels, invasions of our borders, mostly the Southern one. The Gomerment taking over companies and on and on with some real problems and the freakin' goobermint wants to control our salt levels. It is probably a Mrs. Obama mandate to the #2 man in the household.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Well, guys, the gov't has no business telling us what we can eat, but I hope somebody does tell foodsellers how much they can put in. My wife is fighting Meniere's, and low sodium is the first weapon. Not "salt" so much as "sodium this-n-that" preservatives. It can be tough when you can't chance dinner out, or almost any convenience-packaged foodstuffs. They charge enough for the stuff, it at least could be reduced in chemical content and not just be tasty junk. Her max intake is about half the norm, and it's hard to come close using any prepared products, at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
People that eat packaged lunch meat are worried about their sodium?

Why would anyone eat packaged lunch meat when they can eat Spam?
I love Spam sandwiches about once a month.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now that they pass Obamacare I think we will see alot more of this stuff. The government will come out and say that they now have an invested interest in our health.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought the idea behind Obama care was to help us oldsters die earlier and not use the system.
It makes me reflect on New Yorks "smoking campaign" they have all these aids to help you quit etc, etc. What a bunch of lying bstards. I truly wish every resident of NY quit smoking at the same time. New York would go nutz without the billions of tax dollars they get on cigarettes.They would be running around frantically looking for some other "sin" thing to tax. Just typical gomerment lip service.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally, I think process food has too much salt in for me. But I do not like the government telling manufators how much salt to use. I think that should be up to what the consumers buy.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is typical the government is trying to get rid of their competition. They now want to be the only source of hypertension.

How is that these libtards think that it is your body to do with as you will when it comes to abortion but, their business when it comes to spicing up your food? Seems to me if they were truly so danged concerned with what goes in our bodies we might never need all them abortions.They can't even win a battle in the war on drugs and now they are going to wage war on saline. Well I'm off to see my connection for some more Lays classic potato chips.

Pat

Last edited by HOOKER; 04/20/10.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The fricken liberal bastages better keep their fricken hands off of my roasted and salted peanuts, sunflower seed, and pumpkin seeds.

A working man SWEATS. Electrolytes need to be replaced.

But Bammy and the rest of those idiots would have to look "sweat" up in the dictionary.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (6mmbrfan, 35, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338Rules, 6 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 870 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,948
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.