Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tbear and folks of his opinion,
I call Bull$h!T on you guys. You just don't get it do you? You has beens have played your "we are the only game in town" card once too often and are now standing in front of a tidal wave for real 2nd amendment progress. You can go join the politicians and greedy corporate raiders or Brady & Handgun Control Inc. for all I care but YOU WILL GET THE [bleep] OUT OF OUR WAY while the rest of us take care of "business". We are going to clean house organizationally and politically. You can either help us carrying out the human political garbage or "get stuffed" right along with the rest of our current crop of power mongers. Your choice. Our Bull$h!T meter is set on ZERO and if ya don't like it, Bite Me! We are going to push harder than the NRA ever thought possible. Hopefully, you will take off the dollar signs and quit thinking ya can buy freedom. It has to be earned. Are you willing ta earn it or do ya want ta sit back on your ever spreading butts and throw money to thieves while they are robbing our bank of our country's wealth and freedom? Do something dude even if it is just to get the hell out of our way.

Flower Child

P.S. Oh and by the way fellas. When was the last time the NRA conducted a Pro Gun demonstration in Washington,D.C. or held a peaceable firearms rally complete with armed patriots within sight of the White House & Congress? Do ya get it yet or are ya too affraid of "losing" to stand up for our Constitutional rights as citizens?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PJGunner
But let's be totally honest. Let's say they get all those federal anti-gun laws repealled. All the city and state gun conrol laws repealled, what then. How will Wayne LaPierre and crew justify their massive salaries then? They don't want to win because if they do, they're out of a job. Gun control is their big cash cow and that ain't gonna kill the goose that's laying all those golden eggs.

If they had any imagination they would know the answer: building ranges and promoting shooting sports.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If I recall correctly FC, you're a friend of Boggy Creek,right?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think VA nailed it on a different post awhile back. You just can't bargain on something that you truly believe to be a right.

If a person was of the mind to negotiate these things, the NRA has for years fought a nearly totally defensive war. Why do we still have a ban on interstate sale of pistols? Even those who believe in background checks have to admit that the interstate sale thing was obsoleted with the Instant Check System. There are many other small points that need be attacked. Fighting a defensive war ultimately will have only one result.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
, and the total absence of new gun laws

Since when?

no, little Jason, we don't need you standard quote about some twenty year old semi auto ban.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Flower_Child
Tbear and folks of his opinion,
I call Bull$h!T on you guys. You just don't get it do you? You has beens have played your "we are the only game in town" card once too often and are now standing in front of a tidal wave for real 2nd amendment progress. You can go join the politicians and greedy corporate raiders or Brady & Handgun Control Inc. for all I care but YOU WILL GET THE [bleep] OUT OF OUR WAY while the rest of us take care of "business". We are going to clean house organizationally and politically. You can either help us carrying out the human political garbage or "get stuffed" right along with the rest of our current crop of power mongers. Your choice. Our Bull$h!T meter is set on ZERO and if ya don't like it, Bite Me! We are going to push harder than the NRA ever thought possible. Hopefully, you will take off the dollar signs and quit thinking ya can buy freedom. It has to be earned. Are you willing ta earn it or do ya want ta sit back on your ever spreading butts and throw money to thieves while they are robbing our bank of our country's wealth and freedom? Do something dude even if it is just to get the hell out of our way.

Flower Child

P.S. Oh and by the way fellas. When was the last time the NRA conducted a Pro Gun demonstration in Washington,D.C. or held a peaceable firearms rally complete with armed patriots within sight of the White House & Congress? Do ya get it yet or are ya too affraid of "losing" to stand up for our Constitutional rights as citizens?

So you are saying NRA members don't stand up, don't go to Tea Parties, don't write and call their local politicans? Your way wrong. Who do you think makes up a big share of the those that show up to the demonstrations. I have picture of being there with friends and family do you. Bashing each other this way it what the anti's want, seperate and eliminate. We are all tired of the same old thing but it takes numbers and money, losts of money and votes.
All the govement is run by new and old lawyers, they are are polititions. Been to court lately? They never get anything done and they all get together after meetings for diner and drinks. That is what the progun lobiest run up against. Got any good ideas without violence go for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I think VA nailed it on a different post awhile back. You just can't bargain on something that you truly believe to be a right.

If a person was of the mind to negotiate these things, the NRA has for years fought a nearly totally defensive war. Why do we still have a ban on interstate sale of pistols? Even those who believe in background checks have to admit that the interstate sale thing was obsoleted with the Instant Check System. There are many other small points that need be attacked. Fighting a defensive war ultimately will have only one result.

well, it's been working pretty good. You negotiate when you can't get what you want by force or a roll call. If they're negotiating, it's only because they don't have the ability to win it outright.

just because we'd like puppies and ponies and unicorns doesn't mean Congress is ready to give them to you....but look at who's been getting their way, and whose membership is up, as between us and the Brady Bunch.

that's called "real world winning", as opposed to fantasy winning.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve No,
Got ta disagree just a bit. I think it is time to lead the charge not sit back waiting fer someone else ta do it but I'll make ya a deal ol' friend. You fight'em your way, I'll fight'em my way and God willing I'll meet ya in the middle if both of us are still standing at the end. Deal? Now lets get busy cleaning house and taking out the garbage. Enough bickering between us BFFs. We are probably both right.

Flower Child

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Steve No,
Got ta disagree just a bit. I think it is time to lead the charge not sit back waiting fer someone else ta do it but I'll make ya a deal ol' friend. You fight'em your way, I'll fight'em my way and God willing I'll meet ya in the middle if both of us are still standing at the end. Deal? Now lets get busy cleaning house and taking out the garbage. Enough bickering between us BFFs. We are probably both right.

Flower Child

I think you pretty well summed it up. I think we really are on the same side.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

well, it's been working pretty good. You negotiate when you can't get what you want by force or a roll call. If they're negotiating, it's only because they don't have the ability to win it outright.

Not quite. The NRA, for as long as I've been politically aware, has been defensive, and avoided all battles.

The only major thing that has happened at the Federal level since the AWB was Heller -- and to the last possible minute, the NRA was negotiating in Congress to amend the DC laws to keep Heller out of the courts.

The NRA came THIS CLOSE to negotiating away Heller.

It appears to me, now, they are more willing to move up to the battle line, but that's very, very recent, and only because others moved the line (with the NRA gnashing it's teeth in the corner).

And, yes, I am a member. Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Steve No,
Got ta disagree just a bit. I think it is time to lead the charge not sit back waiting fer someone else ta do it.

Flower Child

So when will the "charge" take place and where? What do you have planned? O, I also am a member and have been for at least fifty years.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bigbuck,
Well fer starters, if you NRA guys are as serious as you say, I gotta hell of an idea that has been kicking around in our little ol' pea brain but I am not the organizer I wish I was and would require some serious help from all of the pro 2nd amendment groups to pull this off.
Do any of y'all remember the Civil Rights demonstrations of the early 60s? Anyone remember Resurrection City? What the hell do you guys think would happen if we could with all of our pro 2nd amendment groups do a BIG 2 WEEK CAMPOUT or 4th of July weekend on the Mall this summer or any summer in fact, to "Peacefully" petition our government for the resurrection of our 2nd amendment rights.
This only works with big numbers, so I figure we need to get everyone together on the same page. At a minimum we need 500,000 dedicated people who are willing to devote time and travel to go to D.C. and be heard. The other rallies that have been held there have had the dedicated people but fell disappointingly short of the sufficient numbers to get our point across.
What is called for to be really successful is a sufficiently large enough gathering that will shut down D.C. and gridlock their Liberal suburbs to the point that there ain't a hotel room or a place to park a car or a seat on public transportation available fer 50 miles around. We eat up all of their damn food and drive the price thereof sky high and occupy their police and National Guard full time "keeping order" to the exclusion of all else.
You NRA guys are always touting your high membership totals (6 million plus) and the rest of us have some serious numbers to put in the pot also. So think just fer one minute what would happen to D.C. if we could arrange fer approximately 1 in every 4 members to show up down there for this? Just 25% of all of our combined memberships demonstrating for our 2nd amendment rights. Considering the approximate memberships of the Tea Party, the NRA, GOA, 2nd Amendment Sisters, Va Citizens Defense League, the various gun clubs, firearms industry manufacturers,and concerned citizens for stopping illegal immigration by protecting our borders (with what? Tah Da!) I think very conservatively there might possibly be 2 million motivated enough people to show up and maybe another 6 million to help with the financial burdens and logistics of doing this.
Everyone think 2 MILLION PEOPLE for just one moment. Have any of us ever seen that many folks? Hell no we haven't and even the Vietnam War Protests and Ressurection City could not and did not muster such numbers. However, WE CAN without even getting a commitment from 50% of our combined memberships! Think about that fer a moment and then tell me why we aren't doing this?
I for one, could not think of a better way to spend the 4th of July or other appointed date. Hell, even if we are in conflict with other "scheduled" activities and cannot get a permit to formally organize and demonstrate, just picture the TV cameras scanning the crowd at the 4th of July fireworks celebration with every third person in T-shirts and banners supporting the 2nd amendment dispersed all through the crowd so they cannot avoid seeing the obvious everywhere they look when the ceremonies are taking place.
Just think about that fer one damn minute. None of us even need a stinking demonstration permit just to show up to watch the public fireworks display or listen to the music and speakers during the ceremony and it sure as hell ain't a black tie affair with engraved invitations, so our attire, as long as it covers us sufficiently, is optional in the message that it sends to the public and the media. Just chew on that fer a while folks and consider if we are really doing all we can to ensure our 2nd amendment rights and stopping the creeping tyranny of big government.
As much as the NRA just ticks me off, even I would support them in this endeavor if they would choose to lend their considerable muscle and expertise to sponsor a family 2nd amendment freedom day on the mall July 4th and help to organize it. I don't think there is 1 person here who could not put their differences aside long enough to make this thing work well enough to give Gun Control, Brady, and the people who support it, a kick in the family jewels.
How 'bout it? Anyone got any clout with any of these groups I mentioned that can help? We all should be asking ourselves and each other "AND WHY THE HELL NOT HAVE A PARTY FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT JULY 4TH?" Whatchu guys think? Pie in the sky or do we collectively have enough muscle and gonads to do this thing right?

Flower Child

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
Well, yeah, just look at the board make-up and candidates.

Take George Kollitides for example. George works for Cerberus. (You know what Cerberus owns. If you don't, go educate yourself.)

Think about the kind of policies America's largest firearms company would support:

- Import bans on (surplus)firearms.
- Import bans on firearm parts. (For example, bans on imported AK barrels.)
- Import bans on ammunition.
- Opposition to anti-commerce clause state firearms.
- Bans on surplussing US military/Gov't firearms, ammunition and components.
- Bans on cheap lead-based projectiles.

All of these can be summed up in a phrase: Expect George to oppose any source of firearms that is cheaper than U.S. made retail firearms/ammunition. And expect him to oppose cheap/low margin anything.

Also, don't look for a guy like this to stand on principal when it affects his multi-billion dollar business. For instance, there is no way on Earth he would support cutting sales/support to Gov't entities that infringe on the 2nd. You don't really expect them to make a stand like Barret, do you?

Anybody on the board who is part of a large corp like ATK or part of SAAMI is going to hold similar views.

What's the difference between guns and any other imported goods? We are the ones demanding "Made in America", right?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well, yeah....unless its something we want from somewheres else wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's no conceivable way to get 1 out of 4 NRA members to Washington. We're the ones with the jobs to go to and business to run. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Why would you want to include the NRA that you despise so much? When I despise something or someone I avoid them. I would suggest you have the gun groups you belong to stage this. How many is that? Be sure & bring your guns with you & BIG signs asking for the repeal of the law banning machine guns. The 4th. of July fireworks show is great & you would enjoy it immensely. Security is very lax on the Mall & you & your guns would be very welcome. There is a nice recently redecorated room next to John Hinckley at St. Elizabeth available & waiting for you during the demonstration. Incidentally, food & lodging is quite cheap in downtown DC. Once all the food is eaten up in DC perhaps an air lift could be arranged. Since the DC area will be in grid lock due to your demonstration I will spend my 4th. of July boating & fishing at my cottage on Lake Gaston in NC, but I will be watching on TV.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The NRA chooses and picks its battles. It did not originally support Heller (DC case) until it was apparent that the case was a win. They do not want to be on a loosing side (no one does, but it is their role as our advocate), so they ignore valid cases that are significant, but may not be won.

We need a solid continuous advocate

I've been an NRA Life Member since 1972 and am disappointed

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The NRA has more than 4 million members. That's more than 4 million votes. Organized votes on a large scale count in a democracy where there are many swing voting districts.

Organizations like SCI have memberships in the few thousands. They have no influence at all beyond persuasion. I have no idea what the membership is in organizations like GOA.

Politicians like to keep their jobs and pay attention to votes. Persuasive arguments are of no interest to a politician unless it is accompanied by either money or votes.

Power only respects power.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I truly beleive that we, as gun owners, if it were not for the NRA,would now be treated the same as the Canadaians are if not worse.

Thanks to all the members.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tbear,
Might I suggest that you be the first in line to "get stuffed" and taken out with the other political garbage. If ya got a better idea, boy genius, lets hear it. At least not all of your other fellow Virginians are just sitting around on their a$$e$ waiting for the head nose picker to tell them what they can do to secure their 2nd amendment freedoms.
As for getting 1 in 4 people of the collective 2nd amendment supporting organizations to Washington, D.C. for a rally / demonstration, the only thing stopping us is a lack of organization. We have the people, the motivation, and the personal wealth (means) to go and do this thing. Hell, if the SNCC, SCLC, and the NAACP can get together to rally for Civil Rights or the various anti-war groups to protest the Vietnam war, then WHY can't we?
Also, we don't need to bring our weapons to have an impact. Just a peaceful assemblige of supporters that vote of the magnitude proposed would speak volumes to both the media and the public. Not everyone is a tin foil hat wearing Timothy McVeigh wing nut nor are they so lazy that they are going to sit back and let others bear the burden of the sacrifices freedom sometimes requires.
How many of these rallies have you attended pal? Are you capable doing anything other than whine about people who are at the very least trying to affect the decisions of their government by other means than throwing money to a bunch of crooks to buy elections and votes? What are you, Tbear, personally capable of doing to keep our 2nd amendment freedoms intact? Tell me what can you bring to this discussion that will have a positive impact?
I, at least, am willing to bury the hatchet long enough to pull this thing off. Ben Franklin said to his fellow revolutionaries that they may well hang together before the revolution is over but that they most assuredly would all hang separately if they did not stick together.
Personally, I think we are rapidly reaching that point now and sooner rather than later. So why don't ya pull your head out of your butt and quit waiting for someone, you bought and paid for with your money, to do all of your dirty work for you? Love ta see you at a rally. Can ya get to one of these rallies? We need the numbers badly and yes, even you, can help us all and make a difference.
Well dude? Whatcha gonna do? Whine and cry or work? I have been at every single one of these things that I could possibly find a way to support. Of course, little ordinary guys like me, ain't exactly all that stunning or noteworthy. Maybe you can relate to that? But at least we ain't invisible arm chair Generals either.

Flower Child

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 257Bob, 2500HD, 1234, 117LBS, 55 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,878
Posts18,518,151
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.