Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 384 of 1,842 1 2 382 383 384 385 386 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Raining here too. Supposed to be here off and on for 3-4 days. We need it.

The shooting range opens this weekend, so I hope to test drive the tang safety Ruger 7x57 I bought, that my boy claimed as his. If it shoots, I don't see why it won't be. If I can find ammo for my 35 Whelen, I'll shoot that too.

Heading to the turkey hunting area to let the land owners I'll be around next week as well. My turkey season will be cut short, we have to go look at houses again on thursday.

This weather sounds like a good time to stay in the garage and fix dents Dave. Maybe not the best to get the filler to dry nice though.

Have fun kids.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just a few sprinkles here so far. Come on rain, we need you.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Raining here. Nice and gentle, a good rain. Man, everything is turning green! The leaves have popped, the grass has made an appearance and the weeds are in hog heaven.

The little girl turns 6 tomorrow, so it is B-day party time. I have one pretty excited little girl on my hands right now! For her big present, I let Mom talk me into an American Girl doll. But I slipped out and bought her some crappie jigs and bobbers, some BBs for her BB gun, some targets, and a couple pair of clearance Smartwool socks.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

For her big present, I let Mom talk me into an American Girl doll. But I slipped out and bought her some crappie jigs and bobbers, some BBs for her BB gun, some targets, and a couple pair of clearance Smartwool socks.

grin

I would never do something like that. grin

Happy b-day to your girl.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, Happy Birthday to your daughter.

We have a TV star among us! cool I was watching the local news Wednesday night and who pops up on the screen, none other than TZ? shocked The company he works for was awarded one of two 2010 small business awards. Channel 7 out of Wausau was interviewing the owners and panned the work area and there was Tom. Sorry, I can't reveal what he was doing. I'll leave that up to your imagination. laugh

Word is he'll be signing autographs at the Marathon County rifle range this weekend. laugh

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ha ha...now you have proof I work on ocaision. laugh

both of the companies I've ever worked for have won this award... so I totally see what the deal is. I should use this on my resume. grin

Last edited by tzone; 04/30/10.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy Birthday to your little girl BM.

Wow, I didn't realize I was hunting with a famous TV star! laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Raining here. Nice and gentle, a good rain. Man, everything is turning green! The leaves have popped, the grass has made an appearance and the weeds are in hog heaven.

The little girl turns 6 tomorrow, so it is B-day party time. I have one pretty excited little girl on my hands right now! For her big present, I let Mom talk me into an American Girl doll. But I slipped out and bought her some crappie jigs and bobbers, some BBs for her BB gun, some targets, and a couple pair of clearance Smartwool socks.

Good day for a birthday! I have one just like it! With the exception that I'm going to be 34 yours older than her and I probably won't get cool stuff like her. Oh well, I already have a lot of those things. OH wait! I don't have a doll though....

Maybe T-Zone will let me borrow one of his?? Unless of course Betsy found them and popped them all...

laugh

Wish your May Baby a very Happy Birthday from me BM!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Don't let the fame go to your head. smile

BTW, just in case you do become famous, I've appointed myself as your agent. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ha, probably be on again tonight Bill. We just got back from the luncheon. It's really a big deal for our company. There were 20 some companies nominated, narrowed down to two, and we got the one in our division.

This really is a great place to work, and that was a huge part of the equation on my decision to leave. it was the reason it was hard to come back to MN.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rooster7,

If you count your cabbage patch dolls, you have a whole bunch I hear (Tom told me you guys like to hook up and play with them together from time to time)! whistle I will be 33 years older than her!

She was cute tonite....Dad, can we open presents right away tomorrow? Of course I had to say no....but I did soften a little and said if she was a good girl she could open up part of mine. Tomorrow I would love to take her to the hunting land or out fishing, but it is supposed to rain. frown

It is kinda fun to watch just how excited she is and how important her birthday is. I can remember those days, but I think I forgot about it. I hope I get one of those big hugs and a "You are the best Dad in the whole, high, world!" tomorrow.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Give that little girl an extra big hug and wish her a happy birthday from all of us here.

Happy birthday Berettagirl!! grin

We're heading down to lakes country today, with any luch we'll get to see rooster7 and wife, muffy too.

Hope everybody has a great weekend! I pick up my prized vintage wenonah canoe this weekend too.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Have fun all.

I'm heading to the hardware store to pick up some rounds for my new .35 Whelen. I'm going to do a little shooting this weekend. I'm hoping Grizzly_Bill will join me...we'll see.

Say hi to the crew from tzone, will ya Dave?

Last edited by tzone; 05/01/10.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

We're heading down to lakes country today, with any luch we'll get to see rooster7 and wife, muffy too.

Heeeey I just seen this now. I didn't know you were coming down. Should of came over for a birthday beer man!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rooster7,

If you count your cabbage patch dolls, you have a whole bunch I hear (Tom told me you guys like to hook up and play with them together from time to time

We can't play with them anymore. They are collectors items and Tom gets mad if you take them out of the box.

grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What a great weekend. My lovely wife threw me an awesome 40th b-day party at a local watering hole. Lots of friends and family, classmates etc. It was great!

Yesterday morning I took the boys to their shooting test for hunters safety. Both my little guys have their certification now. Hmmm might have to go Ruger 10-22 shoppin soon! What are they running now days? $280.00 or so?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Hmmm might have to go Ruger 10-22 shoppin soon! What are they running now days? $280.00 or so?

Good deal on the kids Rooster!

You're right on for the price too. Some versions a bit more, some a bit less. You'd get a pretty nice one for $280.

Happy B-day too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday Rooster (Skippy). Sorry I still think of you with that nickname when you were in school and a long time after. I hope you don't mind if I still call you that. grin

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Happy belated birthday Rooster. Congrats to the kids too.

Met Tom at the rifle range Saturday. The Whelen is a keeper. The 7X57 had some issues, but I'll let Tom detail those.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
Wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday Rooster (Skippy). Sorry I still think of you with that nickname when you were in school and a long time after. I hope you don't mind if I still call you that. grin

Heck I don't even know where the name came from and I call him that.

Page 384 of 1,842 1 2 382 383 384 385 386 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 6 invisible), 1,532 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.