-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The law enforcement officers I know say that 90% of all crime they deal with involves drug and substance abuse at some level. Will legalizing it change that?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only if they legalize burglary and car jacking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If drug use is legalized the gov't (citizens) will subsidize the problem with costs of hospitalization, rehab, care and welfare for those who have destroyed their bodies and minds, unless all services are restricted from junkies so Darwinism can run its course.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Absolutely the role models I'm hoping all our young people look up to... imagine the peace bro...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Where did I put those other brain cells I had... chit, they were right here... it's, it's, it's on the tip of my tongue...

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My dad was a hardcore alcoholic.. Drank jim beam from the time he got up till the he went to bed.. He was like this ever since i was little.. I would say he was a functional alcholic.. He was also a truck driver and never drank when he was on the road.. At least to my knowledge.. For 30 years I watched that man drink for hours upon hours of beam and water.. I have also seen him go out and shoot while he was "drunk" or one would think and that man could shoot as good if not better then a sober man.. I seen him win alot of trap shoots while intoxicated.. I seen him shoot a quarter turned sideways on a fench post @ about 20yds with a 22 pistol with the first shot while he was drunk.. Now im not saying what he did was right but thats how the man was.. Untill about the last 4 years of his life then he went down hill in a hurry. He was in and out of the hospital at least once a month for blood transfusions untill the day his house caught fire and him and my stepmom both lost their lives...

My point on telling this is this some people can funtion fine on some drugs.. Others go completely nuts.. I am a firm beliver that it is what kind of drug it is though. Pot to me is pretty much harmless it doesnt make people insane i would classify it with alcohol... Both have there bad sides..

Now crack,meth, heroin and those types of drugs are just down right evil and thats a fact..

When i was alot younger I will admit i smoked some weed and enjoyed it.. It didnt make me steal or anything like that.. I have also tried crack ONE time and let me tell you I liked it that much I just knew it was pure evil.. Anything that made me feel that good was not a good thing.. I never tried it again after that cause i could see me doing whatever it takes to get that feeling again.. that was about 20 years ago.. But there are alot of folks out there that dont have the will power to do that or the want to for that matter..

If they would legilize pot the goverment would make a ton of money.. I watched this special on tv the other night not sure what channel it was on.. But it had to do with pot being legal in cali. The guy was saying he gives something like 600,000 a year on taxes to the feds..

Amax his ass!!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Snappy tune...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Your daughter...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Didnt read the rest of the thread, but short answer to the OP's question...

No.

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Our kids rave'n and tripp'n... much better than a graduation picture...

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDFinn
That's not functional unless you are saying that someone who is still breathing is "functional". People who build that kind of tolerance spend a large part of their day thinking about their drug of choice, getting it and consuming it. That's not a functional member of society.

At least one of the people I have known that was a functioning alcoholic was very good at his job, involved with his kids, and overall from what I could tell a good guy. Probably won't be a good guy as long as he should be, but that's how it goes. You might be surprised just how many people with that level of problem are functioning members of society and probably considered to be pillars of their respective communities. After all, a well off business owner would be the optimum functional alcoholic due to the means to pay for their habit and no one having them piss in a cup. The majority of the original drug addicts in this country (when it was still OTC) were the wealthy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 86thecat
If drug use is legalized the gov't (citizens) will subsidize the problem with costs of hospitalization, rehab, care and welfare for those who have destroyed their bodies and minds, unless all services are restricted from junkies so Darwinism can run its course.

Why would you want to maintain other societal problems anyway?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by norm99
I AGREE 100%..

DRUGS SHOULD NOT be legalized ,drugs are ADDICTIVE legal or not, they ruin families ,legal or not ,
lack of education , and peer pressure,are responsible for a lot of the problem,,

i won't go on a rant ,,,,, grin

Have trouble making up your mind/keeping your story straight? Considering your sig line....

"If the government has the answer it must have been a really stupid question"

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Gota get me some, I'll be roll'n hard...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
(Voiceover)--Remember kids, this Saturday morning's cartoons were brought to you by JasonB's Gubbmint Meth. It'll rot your teeth, skin and life but not make you violent. See you next Saturday!

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Considering I am neither an R or a D supporter it is a giant stretch to think government would name a subsidy program after me. How many of you are in favor of corporate &/or foreign welfare programs again?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Quit making my head hurt...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Grandfather and I were watching TV one day. He stopped on soul train, watched for a couple of minutes and said to me, "son they're all on pills. The human body was not designed to move like that." Then he hit the American Bandstand channel and said, "more pills. Just a different kind."

Then he moved onto Golf and the baseball game or the race..

Last edited by byc; 05/08/10.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As a physician, both in the ER and primary care clinics, drugs are not victimless. Delude yourself all you want about legalization. Alcohol is no better, though legal. If you want to see a society with legal/liberal drug laws, go visit Sweden and then come back and see if you still think it is a good idea.

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 14,449 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,167
Posts18,542,956
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.