Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe

Ive got a CM Russell in here ( Mandatory.... wink )

Ingwe

Good to hear Russell prints are mandatory...I think they should be too.

I think he does both Western and wildlife very well. Here's one with both:

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure like that lope one

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Carl Brenders is good too...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dubePA
Laura Mark Findberg does some nice work, especially on small critters.

dube, I have several of Laura's prints and will post a few later on. Here's a Pa. girl that does great work. Susan Bankey Yoder. Unfortunately this is the only print of hers that I have.It's watercolor and the birds feathers are simply vibrant.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Leon Parson is one of my favorites also. These four are our favorites of all of his we have
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

There are also a goodly number of Larry Zabel prints on the wall as well as many that are not framed. Cynthie Fisher also ranks high with us as she is a great artist and a very accomplished huntress. Prints have been a big weakness at this house over the years. blush

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My favorite photographer is pictured below. Wyman Meinzer.
[Linked Image]
Wyman lives in the old jail in Benjamin, Texas. He is Texas official photographer. Wyman is the most proficient coyote and bobcat hunter that I know. Check out Amazon for a list of his photo books.
Butch

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a print I have by Dave Wade.
If I could only shoot the model.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nancy Glazier's work catches my eye quicker than anything else. Something about it that I really like. A Luke Glazier has been mentioned, I'm assuming some relation?

I also really like Leon Parson, as well as the Manzanarez's.

I really enjoyed Michael Coleman's Book Cliff's series, although I can't really remember anything else of his.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JB, thanks. "Moose in the Woods" is one of my favorites as is "Big Horn Sheep". I like Carl's moose and sheep a lot. He is one of the best of all-time.

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Salmonella, thanks for posting that. I'd forgotten about Dave Wade. I knew him back in the day before he became well known at all. I was in high school when I first met him and that was a very, very, long time ago. He's done some great work over the years.

Is it Friday yet?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Troy, i didnt frame it, a friend did......generally if it looks nice i didnt do it.....if it looks like chit but works, i prolly did it grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lynn Bogue Hunt: Probably have to have a few years on you to recognize this fellow. Did a lot of the old FS covers. Mostly upland works.

Last edited by battue; 05/11/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've got half a dozen Stephen Lyman prints. He died in '88 and I bought these at that time. I especialy like his "Embers At Dawn". I also have a Leon Parson "Buck Fever On No-Tellum Ridge", which is my second favorite print ever, next to "Embers At Dawn". I wish I had gotten the whole No-Tellum series, but over a hundred dollars apiece was just too much...damn it. cry

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Thread smile

This is a print I have up in the living room. It nicely compliments a European mount.

[Linked Image]

The artist is of course Georgia O'Keefe. Not really thought of as a wildlife artist, but I have always enjoyed her landscapes and still life works.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram
I have several prints by different artists, but my favorite has to be Leon Parson. I especially enjoy his No Tellum series.

My favorite BG wildlife artist is also Leon Parson. Have owned and personally framed a few of his works I gave away as gifts. Parson is still alive, and sometimes highly sought by some folks or state departments (wildlife depts) to do specific works or depictions.

Something unique about everyone of his paintings or sketches is that each one dipicts something Parson has personally witnessed in his travels or time outdoors.

In other words, somewhere Mr Parson has indeed seen mule deer like the ones in his "No Tellum" series. grin They were not "imagined." I was once told that by his wife and marketing manager.

For western art my favorite painter is Frank McCarthy, and aviation art ..... Robert Taylor. Taylor's son is following in his dad's footsteps.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Another thing about Parsons' paintings is that he will "hide" little things in them. Mine has a little mink, complete with tracks in the snow.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
StubbleDuck,
When I was visiting with Leon in his private painting studio the walls were covered with trophy animals he's taken. He is a super avid (and successful) big game hunter. There were several very nice mule deer on his wall among all the other critters.

Is it Friday yet?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have Robert Batemans Artic White Wolves print.

A Painting from an artist in my local chapter of TU. It is Acrylic on wood painting of a Brook Trout.

A shadow box of drawings of flies with a hand tied fly on a cork under each picture.

Last a H. Bonnet oil on canvas orginal of my grandparents boat in Auke Bay.

Not a lot but I love the ones I do have.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While fishing the Tongariro River in New Zealand, there was a house on the river that had this sculpture in the side yard. I thought it was pretty cool. After showing the pictures to a friend of mine, he had one done that was very similar, and put it on his property on the banks of the S. Fork of the Snake.

[Linked Image]

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite wildlife artist, adept with pencil, charcoal, oils, and water color, was a gorgeous work of art named Carol Anne Howell. Gave most of her work away, but I still have a few of her oils and at least one of her pencil drawings.

I knew Gary Swanson and photographed one of his oil paintings while it was still wet, for a full-page Weaver ad that was slated for publication just at the time when Olin was selling Weaver. It never ran, of course.

I panicked when it seemed that I'd smeared his painting. To my vast relief, it turned-out to be an unfinished thorn in the tree that the leopard was lying in. Whew!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BALLISTIK, BallisticBRYAN, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.