-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am getting some land on Spruce island and just want to see how many of the guys here are around there.

GB1

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's were Ouzinki (spl?) is located right? And, that Russian village too?

My wife and I have friends in Ouzinki. She's been there (they're more her friends, but I do like them too) but I've only flown over a bunch of times.

Brian

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I drive right by it often...
art

BW
Ouzinkie IS the native village on Spruce Island... I figure you for the kind that would hang at the nunnery, one island over (Nelson.)
art
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
You drive right by it? Unless I missed something there are not many roads around there. Boat, airplane?
Do you live in Kodiak? Do you know Tom Emmerson or Bill Spencer?
I helped build the monastery on Monks Lagoon. Our piece will be almost next to the monks and right across from the nuns.

I haven't been down there since 98.

BW, do you know Nick Pestrikof (sp) and his brother Dave?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Knifemaker
I own and operate a charter boat out of Kodiak... I do all sorts of charters... PM headed your way.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We visited Spruce Island for the pilgramidge in 2003, and went last June with another group. The monks have done a tremendous job rebuilding the chapel over Saint Hermans grave. I'm also in Eagle River.

I'd love to move to Kodiak, but haven't figured out how to pay the bills from over there.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What church do you go to? We are at St. John's Cathedral.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saint Tikhons in Anchorage.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My in-laws got to the OCA church in Eklutna. How long has St. Tikhon's been there? I used to be in that part of Anchorage regularly and have never seen it.

I am working on a way to make money there, and mostly we are going to be living a subsistance lifestyle. For new we are staying here in ER, it will probably be a while till we can get a place built and afford to move over there.
Josh

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BW, do you know Nick Pestrikof (sp) and his brother Dave?

Maybe the wife does, but I don't recognize those names. Our friends are Linda and Daryl Malutin. (spl?) They also have a very nice cabin east of Spruce Island in one of the straights between Afognak and Kodiak.

Brian

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I don't know them. I have never actually spent much time in the village itself. When I have been there I am usually out fishing or working on the monastery.
Nicks wife is named Lily.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My in-laws got to the OCA church in Eklutna. How long has St. Tikhon's been there? I used to be in that part of Anchorage regularly and have never seen it.

I am working on a way to make money there, and mostly we are going to be living a subsistance lifestyle. For new we are staying here in ER, it will probably be a while till we can get a place built and afford to move over there.
Josh

Saint Tikhon's has only bee there a bit over a year. You wouldn't really know it's there, as there aren't any signs. It is a temporary location, as the parish is looking at getting land and building a church

Somehow my dreams of living off the land got squelched with a mortgage, kids activities and other bills. If you can pull it off, that's great.

I probably know your in laws, we know most of the folks out in Wasilla that used to attend Saint Herman's, and now attend at Eklutna. I even helped a little bit in the building of Saint Hermans when we visited 9 years ago.

We do know a couple from Ouizinke that we bump into every once in awhile, but I can't recall their last name, nor his wifes name, his name is Daniel and he is a teacher.

Drop me an e-mail, my address is in my profile.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,025 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,222
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.