Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/paul-still-up-big.html

When PPP first polled this race right before Christmas Paul had a double digit lead, and it seems he's never looked back. Other candidates might want to study what Paul did to build such an apparently insurmountable lead during the last quarter of 2009 because it's definitely one of the biggest surprises of this election cycle so far.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Good for him, vote the incumbents out.

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I don't care if Rand Paul is libertarian or not--I would be happy to just see more small government Republicans like him in office........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If Peter Schiff (another Austrian School economics guy) wins in Connecticut the two of them will be quite a force in the Senate.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rand's volunteers are persistent as can be, too. I've been called every single day for the last two weeks, making sure that I'll be at the polls tomorrow.

There was a rally here in Louisville Saturday morning, but I missed it, had to go to a funeral, but they made sure to call and invite me to be there. They are really working it, beating the bushes to get out the vote.

That's what it takes to win.

I've not heard a solitary thing out of the Grayson bunch, not a peep. That's the difference there, Paul's crowd has been enthusiastic and persistent, Grayson's outfit, the "establishment Rs" have just "thought we'd be there for them" and had a lackadaisical campaign. They are going to find out that you can't win by sitting on your thumbs. They don't deserve anything but a kick in the nuts, which will be delivered tomorrow.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by krp
Good for him, vote the incumbents out.

Kent

It's an open seat, Jim Bunning's chair. Bunning was a good man, but McConnell and he don't get along. Mitch pretty much blacklisted Bunning, so Bunning decided to retire. That's gonna bite old Mitch dead on the azz...........

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If Peter Schiff (another Austrian School economics guy) wins in Connecticut the two of them will be quite a force in the Senate.

An Army of Two?

I'm sure they'll be just as successful as Rand's daddy has been in the house.

But I ain't griping as long as the seat doesn't go D.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas likes Liberty...

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
liberty [Linked Image]

laugh

Oh and yeah, Rand Paul, go go go!

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've not heard a solitary thing out of the Grayson bunch, not a peep. That's the difference there, Paul's crowd has been enthusiastic and persistent, Grayson's outfit, the "establishment Rs" have just "thought we'd be there for them" and had a lackadaisical campaign.
Exactly, and this is precisely what those who call for a moderate Republican presidential candidate don't seem to understand. Unless you fire up the base, like Ronald Reagan did, winning against the Democrats is very difficult. It's hopeless to choose a moderate like McCain or Dole, because they don't fire up the base. When you fire up the base with a strongly principled conservative like Paul, what you get is a huge army of free and enthusiastic campaigners speaking to whoever will listen about that candidate. That enthusiasm is contagious and tends to spread to those not ordinarily politically involved one way or the other. That's the defect in the argument that says you need to pick a moderate. They excite no one, and thus only committed Republicans vote for that candidate. You can't win by only getting committed Republicans to vote Republican.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

An Army of Two?
Hey, it's a start. Besides, two men out of a hundred with the only ideas that make sense will be a force to contend with in the current political environment. People's eyes are beginning to open up to how they've been played for years by the establishment of both parties for the benefit of the international banking cartel via the Federal Reserve Bank.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Incumbent or just "establishment Rs", the message needs sending... you're out! Popularity is more voter mood as it is policy right now, as it should be.

The reason one Paul should be in, is the same as one Paul should be out...

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've not heard a solitary thing out of the Grayson bunch, not a peep. That's the difference there, Paul's crowd has been enthusiastic and persistent, Grayson's outfit, the "establishment Rs" have just "thought we'd be there for them" and had a lackadaisical campaign.
Exactly, and this is precisely what those who call for a moderate Republican presidential candidate don't seem to understand. Unless you fire up the base, like Ronald Reagan did, winning against the Democrats is very difficult. It's hopeless to choose a moderate like McCain or Dole, because they don't fire up the base. When you fire up the base with a strongly principled conservative like Paul, what you get is a huge army of free and enthusiastic campaigners speaking to whoever will listen about that candidate. That enthusiasm is contagious and tends to spread to those not ordinarily politically involved one way or the other. That's the defect in the argument that says you need to pick a moderate. They excite no one, and thus only committed Republicans vote for that candidate. You can't win by only getting committed Republicans to vote Republican.

You are absolutely right, but those establishment Repubs believe the "conventional wisdom" they've been fed by the leftist media instead of what the results and common sense show to be the truth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There aren't that many stolworth true Constitutionalist in the house or senate - those that are should be kept on but the rest regardless of party affiliation, I say out out out!

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OSOK
There aren't that many stolworth true Constitutionalist in the house or senate - those that are should be kept on but the rest regardless of party affiliation, I say out out out!
Agreed!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Texas likes Liberty...

[Linked Image]

God Bless Texas!

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
those establishment Repubs believe the "conventional wisdom" they've been fed by the leftist media instead of what the results and common sense show to be the truth.

if by establishment Repubs you mean those who are resistant to the Ron Paul koolaid.....well, I guess I'm one.

and if you want to see what the results were last time, have a gander at the attached. on what bizarro planet does the distant fourth place candidate have the best chance. what exactly is your idea of truth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_primaries,_2008

granted the field sucked in 2008, and hopefully there will be more conservative choices, with less baggage and more appeal, before 2012. But whoever it is, it ain't Ron Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want to believe so badly that people are waking up but I can't help thinking this is just an anomaly.

Are the tides really turning??

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes, I think they are......it feels like 1980.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
those establishment Repubs believe the "conventional wisdom" they've been fed by the leftist media instead of what the results and common sense show to be the truth.

if by establishment Repubs you mean those who are resistant to the Ron Paul koolaid.....well, I guess I'm one.

and if you want to see what the results were last time, have a gander at the attached. on what bizarro planet does the distant fourth place candidate have the best chance. what exactly is your idea of truth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_primaries,_2008

granted the field sucked in 2008, and hopefully there will be more conservative choices, with less baggage and more appeal, before 2012. But whoever it is, it ain't Ron Paul.

No, I'm not talking "establishment" being the same as anti-Ron Paul. I'm not much of a Ron Paul fan myself, but the "establishment" types are generally the ones who favor party over principles because that's how they've gotten whatever power they have.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,143
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.