Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 393 of 1,842 1 2 391 392 393 394 395 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I be danged smile
I drew my elk tag

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good deal!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I thoughts that new Fords was going to take you out to the mountains this year....what a day to be working again. You got your shoes straightened out Dave?

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
not going.

I finally get myself into a position at work where I don't HAVE to be here 9000 hours in the month of October and now you're not going?? Dag nabbit! grin

Happy Be-lated Dusty!

Griz -

I have a seriously wrecked neck as well. Like you said you learn to live with it but its miserable pretty much 24/7. What is this "tens unit" you speak of and also what kind of traction device do you have? I have one that hangs over a door with a water bag and pullies that pulls your head up to align your spine. I don't care for it that much though because after I use it my neck feels very weak. I'm scared it will cause another "flare up" that literally puts me on my back, loaded up on pain killers and muscle relaxers for a week. I have given up things like water sports and even excercise that is too strenuous because of it. Not that I'm a health nut or anything but it would be nice to know you can still do it if'n ya yonk too! grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I talked to my dad tonight and Uncle Dusty would like to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes, he really appreciated all of them. smile

He said he would respond more on the thread but he does not type very well. I told him he don't have to type well or spell everything right, I am not the best speller person either. Hell, al you have to do is make it closs enuff and everybudy will undrstand whet u are tryng to say. smile

He reads this thread and others everyday. He enjoys reading what everyone writes. He thinks you all are very good people. cool

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When dad called me tonight he was worried about how my back was doing. I brought him a rhubarb cake for his birthday yesterday (like I have for many years), and he told me I was walking like I had my pants full of sh*t. Which was true, but I'm walking much better today.

I am so proud of my dad. He went to the doctor today for a checkup and he has lost 5 lbs. and his blood pressure is perfect. He is taking pills for dibetes and watching what he eats. His glucose level was in the 130's today. It was in the upper 90's and he didn't feel good and the doctor said it is fine if his levels are a little higher.

Keep up the good work dad! smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good job Dusty keep up the good work!

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rooster, a Tens unit works off of a couple AA batteries and delivers a electric current to stimulate the muscles and nerves. It works quite well. The unit is very compact and you can move around while using it. PM me if you need more info.

I have the same traction device that you have, but dont't use it all that much. I did have good luck with traction while undergoing PT at the local clinic.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good job Dusty. Keep an eye on what you eat and excercise a bit and you'll keep your diabetes in check. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats awesome Uncle Dusty! keep up the good work! and a happy belated birthday!
I start work monday finally after they did their background check. I had to list every place I had lived in the last 5 years, and a person in that area who can call and confirm. thats harder than I thought to remember! especially since most of that time I was in the Navy and didn't live in one place for too long smile

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Got a call from my dad this morning when we got back from fishing. His 1954 Mercury burned up in the garage last night. It's a total loss. I'll post the pictures when I get a chance.

This was his baby. He put hundreds of hours into it. He drove it everyday it didn't rain. The FD saved the garage, but some stuff in the rafters burned but nothing structural.

He's taking it pretty good. But you have to understand, he lives for a huge car show at the State Fairgrounds in MN, called Back to the 50's. This show is the weekend of June 17th-20th. It is one of the largest shows in the mid-west with over 12,000 cars. He said he'll be looking for one to buy now, instead of show off.

Poor guy. He's lost a lot of stuff to fire. We lost our house in 1990 to a fire. which was also a total loss.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I guess the neighbor came running over yelling "your garage is on fire, your garage is on fire." then the horn in the car went off, so it was a short of some sort that started the car. Fire Dept. got there within 2 minutes even after he dropped the phone in the water. grin He said "I was running around like headless chicken....I think they understood."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Anybody know what it sounds like when you hit the PTO on the lawnmower and there's a rabbit in there? grin

I do.

VvVvvvvvvthump thump thump, squish.

I need a spatula. grin and a hose.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That's a shame Tom. frown Insurance may cover some of the loss, but it can never give your dad back the hours he put into the car.

Sounds like you're having rabbit stew tonight. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sorry to hear about the fire, nothing can replace something like that lost, but its good your dad has a good outlook.

at least you could identify it as a rabbit and not the neighbors cat smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Neighbors cat would have been cooler. but they make a different sound so I knew right away. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hahahahaha smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well I'm off to my first day of work! finally after being delayed because of a background check needed that kinda got forgot about til the last minute. wish me luck!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
90 degrees (Tied record) Sunday and humid as heck. Cranked up the A/C for the first time this year. Supposed to hit 92 today.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Stormy here today.

Have fun at the new job Ryan.

Something clever here.

Page 393 of 1,842 1 2 391 392 393 394 395 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 24 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.