-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 35 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 34 35
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dog-gone Greenhorn! I wish I had been on as many trips as you had. I'm green with envy. Way to go for living the dream.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have to admit, the harley stuff got me laughing too. Last night couldn't help but to browse on his photobucket account and see he's got a harley tatto on his arm, a monster truck, and a baby blue fatboy.

We Todd did. Sofa King we Todd did.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ironic...

'Hardcore' comes to teach and a 'Greenhorn' schools him.

Waaana'bees, give themselves tough sounding names... BTDT guys would rather stay under the radar.

I love irony...

Kent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Elk Reaper-

Thanks for stepping in here. I happen to like your reviews. 200 pounds as a test weight - heck, sounds like someone is planning to pack in a fair sized woman papoose style for warmth in a winter camp....

Seriously, for what it's worth, I don't think MR pitches their Crewcab as a heavy hauler. I have talked to them a few times, and for heavy loads they recommend the Kodiak or Grizzly for internal frame, or for more than occassional very heavy loads, recommend the Nice Frame 6500.

I am no expert on packs, but I do know what can make life miserable thanks to Uncle Sam. A one size fits all ALICE pack is something out of the Spanish inquisition for taller and bigger guys, a pair of old GI issue leather boots does not cut it for mountain ops, and a floorless 2 man pup tent (one shelter half per guy) does nothing to protect one from nature. That was back in the 70's and early 80's when the procurement system was run by the accounting version of the Marquis de Sade.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
You guys remind me of the thin skinned Elite archery guys that pouted when Kevin Strother left Elite and started Strother Archery. I had many Elites, but because I made a small comment about how I didn't like the new Elite Judge compared to the new Strother SR-71 on the Elite forum, guys came unglued. The mods allowed personal attacks and then I made it a point to really get the word out about how much better the Strother SR-71 was over the Judge. Elite got so much bad press regarding the Judge on the 6 forums I am on and in the personal world with local friends, the president of the company wanted to meet me at the IA Deer Classic, and he did. He wished the Elite guys had not gave me a hard time over the Strother bow, cause sales were hurt and many negative reviews about the Judge were posted on numerous boards and I got the word out with my local friends. Bad advertising sucks for a company. MR's are probably nice packs, but I would never buy one now and I will make it a point to get the word out on the load lifters and the fact that guys that have owned them have a hard time selling them in the classifieds. There was another admin on another forum that was a bowtech staff advisor and he would push push Bowtech so much, and delete any negative reviews about Bowtech, that he lost his position as a staff advisor as Bowtech wanted to distance themselves from his attitude. You guys turn prospective customers off with your MR or the highway attitude. The company definitely will wish you never shoved MR down my throat.

If you've done anything here, Jag-Off, its been promoting MR.....as anyone would be able to see getting advice from a tool like you would surely be bogus.

You are the epitome of "a legend in your own mind"

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like my mystery ranch. I tried the CC and think it's very neat and great for 75% of the situations. The CC is now my turkey rig. That said, I LOVE my 6500 and carry it period now for elk hunting. It be the scheit.

Out of our 4 person elk group, we had my 6500, an EB, a kifaru and an osprey. All the equipment worked just fine. While not experienced as some, we score over 50% year in and year out on our bull elk tags and I think our success has less to do with equipment and more to do with just doing it and humping it.

Cheers.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread cracks me up!

13 or 14" monster whacked in half in the nice part of the badlands and in a Badlands.
Not recommended.....(grin)
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
WOW greenhorn those pics are impressive. I wish I knew about this site when I was looking at purchasing a backpack. Instead I read reviews from mainstream guys that made comments about backpacks when they really had no idea what they were talking about.

Since becoming a member here I have realized this site has the best members for "real" advice on backpacking gear.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Thirty five page thread refering to a classified thread...You just can't help but read it....Now that I'm done all I have to say is can't you girls just keep this on Facebook or something...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been away from the 'fire' for a few days and I see everyone has been having fun without me! Hmmm... SoftCoreHumper... great info you have shared here, I will file that away when I decide to "Core Out". I was actually at Mystery Ranch this week and was talking with Mark. I was commenting on my confusion about people not liking the angle of the dangle on the load lifters on the NICE/Crewcab. It has been my observation that some folks feel they need to be magic and make a 90 lb load feel like 40... I went ahead and gave him my super duper idea of placing helium filled bladders in side pockets, I believe this will the hot ticket in the future. I had an Eberle fall apart, plain and simple... When I was going to send it in to get fixed I was told they would fix it for a price. This has been hashed out on another thread. I got an offer to replace it from the owner if I would send it in. Fine offer, but already had posted that I dumped boat gas on it and set it to flames, didn't burn worth a hell either.
I think the reason you are getting so much crap is you have stepped into a forum to learn, but have spent most of your time handing out advice. If I went to the turkey hunting forum I would stick to asking questions about most topics there. I personally have only killed two of them, one with a broom stick and another with a nailgun (actually I was roofing a barn and killed him with a roofing staple, but you get the point).
I would never go to one of those forums and act like a no-it-all by re-posting what SoftCoreHumper has said. I might ask something like, "heard someone complain about load lifters on the Crewcab, anyone use the Crewcab and have any input?" Might learn something, just a thought... Best of luck... and thanks for the 20 minute laugh.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be sure and add "Load Lifter Angle" to the next "Things I've Learned on the Campfire" thread.

I'll be over here sharpening my Genuine Mastadon Ass-Bone Handled Ingrahms...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's almost as important as your rifle weighing 7lbs instead of 8lbs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dan,
Gotta remember it is the "Angle of the Dangle" that really matters. Sometimes I get mine hang'n to the right and it makes me walk a little crooked and ultimately in a big circle. I personally like to Dangle to just left of center, my right leg is a little shorter than the left and this really helps keep me going straight. Since I have installed load lifters in my Kirkland undies I have found near Haines performance out of them. You can get this little unit from Fantacy for Adults down on Main Street in Missoula. They don't have snow camo, but if you eat enough freeze dried food with prune juice they will take on a snow camo look after one season. cool
Greeny,
6 lbs 15.4 ounces, just took my finger nail file to talley's and whittled them down .6 of an ounce! grin
Peace Out Brotha's

Last edited by ovishunter; 06/01/10.
J
J
Wow, looks like some guys here can't handle other peoples opinions or other guys reviews. I had a crew cab and I ditched it. I didn't like it either. I prefer the Kifaru packs, but who cares. Some guys don't like them either. Lol..Hardcore..when those guys start paying your bills and buying your packs, then I would worry about them and their childish attacks. Love your sig..especially the DOWNSIZE ALL GOVERNMENT

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Looks like "hardcore" decided to re-register.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmmm... something mighty fishy going on here...
JoeFine 29930
Title: New Member
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: Today at 05:05 AM

HardCoreHunter 29279
Title: Campfire Regular
Total Posts: 251
Registered on: 04/13/10 05:21 PM

Hmmm... I'm not a detective, but have pinch hit when they were too lazy to get out of bed. Lets see here, last log in 4:59 for HardCoreHunter... then JoeFine pops up out of nowhere to chime in 6 minutes later, wow, that is a kawinkydink. Sorry if we hurt some feelers, you don't have to go change your name, we were just joking around. If you are gonna hang on this forum you gotta get some thicker skin, ask Wyo, now that guy has been called some names! eek Happy hunting, Casey

PS I have one of Wyo's tents, it is hardcore, never owned any of the other makes of tipis, but I could post some reviews if need, oops, there I go again being a jerk. I will quit.

PSS If you "ditched" your CC, please tell us why? Maybe we can all learn something from your experience and it will help us from having a failure in the woods. I am sure you used it extensively before coming to your desciding to ditch it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
durability is never a issue with the EB packs

Erblestock have alifetime warranty

really, more to come...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DOH!!!!!!! Busted Again....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Doh! Ovis hunter, I thought you used to be a detective?
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforu...threadid=382873&MESSAGES=61&FF=5

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JoeFine
Wow, looks like some guys here can't handle other peoples opinions or other guys reviews. I had a crew cab and I ditched it. I didn't like it either. I prefer the Kifaru packs, but who cares. Some guys don't like them either. Lol..Hardcore..when those guys start paying your bills and buying your packs, then I would worry about them and their childish attacks. Love your sig..especially the DOWNSIZE ALL GOVERNMENT
Lol..thanks, I agree.

Page 18 of 35 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (69sportfury, 35, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 6 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.