-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank You Veterans for all your service and sacrifice for the citizens of the United States and the Free World.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 05/31/10.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes our dedicated troops are truly the last best hope for freedom. Both at home and abroad their work is never done.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

NRA DAV
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Here is to all who serve and have served! And especially those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
A sunrise picture of my brothers standing watch. Too all those who came before us, thank you.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Thank You Veterans for all your service and sacrifice for the citizens of the United States and the Free World.

It's NOT about US...it's about the ones who didn't make it back.
There is a separate veterans day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
not forgotten...
[Linked Image]

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
To those that have and do stand guard over my freedom, sacrificed innocence, limb and life...

I, Kent Powell, thank you.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks to all who have sacrificed for our freedoms... We will never forget you!

P
P
Words cannot express my gratitude for those who have stood in harms way on our behalf.

May God grant you peace and watch over your loved ones.

http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0604/finalsalute01.html

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

Amen, and well said.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
We can not thank you enough, but still yet, THANKS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never realized the distinction between Memorial and Veterans Day. Thanks for that.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Today I went to a Sunrise Memorial Service at a local Cemetery. I am still a bit misty.

Please God, keep all of those that gave all for us in restful Peace.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
�Let no neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations that we have forgotten as a people the cost of a free and undivided republic.�
- General Orders No.11, Grand Army of the Republic Headquarters, May 5, 1868

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang it ET..........

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
- FOXNews.com

- May 29, 2010

America's Valiant Veterans Repose in Cemeteries Worthy of Heroes -- Both in the U.S. and Abroad

More than 300,000 American troops are buried at Arlington National Cemetery, but far more have been laid to rest in memorial sites and private plots around the country. Here is a look at the resting places of some of the most famous American warriors since the nation's founding.

American troops serving at home and abroad have given their lives, their limbs and years of service to a grateful nation. Many of those who have passed away are buried with honor in Arlington National Cemetery � more than 300,000 veterans in total � but far more have been laid to rest in memorial sites and private plots around the country. Here is a look at the final resting places of some of the most famous American warriors who have served since the nation's founding.

REVOLUTIONARY WAR
Before he was president, George Washington led the Continental Army in the six-year fight against British troops. Washington is interred at his home in Mount Vernon, Va. Nathanael Greene, one of Washington's top generals, was felled at the age of 44 by sunstroke shortly after the war ended. He is buried in Johnson Square in Savannah, Ga. The great American naval hero of the war, John Paul Jones, died in France and was buried there, but was later exhumed. His hallowed remains are now enshrined at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md.

INDIAN AND MEXICAN WARS
Andrew Jackson fought bravely in the War of 1812 and in numerous engagements with Indian tribes, dying in 1845 of a series of ailments after serving two terms in the White House. He's buried on his estate, the Hermitage, in Nashville, Tenn. Future president Zachary Taylor fought Indians from Indiana to Florida to Texas and later became a hero of the Mexican-American War. He is interred in Zachary Taylor National Cemetery in Louisville, Ky.

CIVIL WAR
Though Arlington National Cemetery was created during the Civil War, few of its great generals are buried there � not even Robert E. Lee, who once owned the property. Ulysses S. Grant lies in Grant's Tomb in New York's Riverside Park. Gen. Winfield Scott, an important Union strategist, is buried at West Point, where he is joined by George Armstrong Custer, who survived the Civil War but died at the Battle of Little Big Horn.

After the war, Gen. Robert E. Lee became the President of Washington College in Lexington, Va. (now Washington and Lee University), and is interred at the school's Lee Chapel. His ablest commander is buried in the same city in Stonewall Jackson Memorial Cemetery, though the Confederate tactician lost an arm in battle, and the arm is buried elsewhere.

WORLD WAR II
Commander in chief of the Pacific fleet, Chester W. Nimitz: was later promoted to Chief of Naval Operation. He was buried at Golden Gate Cemetery in San Bruno, Calif, in 1966. Gen. Dwight Eisenhower was president of both the U.S. and Columbia University, and buried in the chapel at his presidential center in Abilene, Kan., in 1969. The top general in the Pacific theater, Douglas MacArthur, was laid to rest in the MacArthur Memorial in Norfolk, Va., alongside his wife.

VIETNAM
James Stockdale was the highest-ranking officer held as a POW in Vietnam and spent more than seven years in confinement. When he passed away in 2005 he was buried at the Naval Academy Cemetery in Annapolis, Md. William Westmoreland, the commanding general in Vietnam from 1964 to 1968, died just two weeks after Stockdale and was laid to rest in the cemetery at West Point. Charles Beckwith, who is credited with creating the special operations team Delta Force, was buried in Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, Tex., upon his death in 1994.

IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN
Jason Dunham, a Marine corporal, received the Medal of Honor for smothering a grenade with his helmet and body while wrestling an insurgent in Iraq. He lies in a private cemetery in Alleghany, N.Y. (image) Navy SEAL Michael Monsoor was awarded the Medal of Honor after jumping on a grenade in 2006 to shield his sniper team in Iraq; he is buried in Fort Rosencrans National Cemetery, San Diego. (image) Another SEAL, Michael P. Murphy, died bravely in a firefight in Afghanistan and was buried in Calverton National Cemetery in Calverton, N.Y.

Yet more than 125,000 American troops are buried on foreign soil in 24 permanent cemeteries, including two of the country's finest warriors. Gen. George S. Patton survived World War II and asked to be buried with his men. He was laid to rest in a U.S. military cemetery in Hamm, Luxembourg, after his death in 1945. Theodore Roosevelt Jr., who, like his father, was awarded the Medal of Honor, led the assault on Utah Beach and is buried in the military cemetery in Normandy, France.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Amen, and well said.

Indeed. God Bless.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.