Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rodngun
I guess I should clarify a few things-
I dont really care that the TPWD did the 13 inch rules God knows alot of areas need it .- I just see it like this :
If they can make you get a license,permits,set limits,tell you the hours of the day to shoot,tell you what month of the year to kill something " on your poperty" - Then SURELY they can set a "Cap" on Lease amounts- They could even divide the state into 4 regions on the Cap- We were having a good conversation until one guy jumped up with all his Anti Govt-they aint gonna tell me what to do with my property etc etc--he was good with everyhting including the "Cap" until we got to the high fence rule
(as in not allowed period)- then he had a fit ...he just got up and left the cafe - maily becuz I believe he got embarrassed !

Last but not lest - We the hunters brought all this on ourselves - I would say that for the last 15 out of the 43 years I have been hunting - the last 15 has just gone to hell..We the hunters use to marshall ourselves while on a lease,not true today !

The good old days..First property we ever had - we called it "the hunting grounds" no lease was involved - The man simply let us hunt on his property and all he wanted was a couple of hindquarters- then came along the idea of -lease my proerty to hunters to pay my taxes -and today it's EVERYMAN FOR HIMSELF !!

TV..did most of that damage -I very seldom watch a hunting show on Tv anymore - alot of fishing -but seldom a hunting show -back when Jack OConnor and Kurt Gowdy made Tv shows it was all good !! Turn the Tv on today and the minute I hear them call a deer by "name " or say - "oh Ive been watching him for the last 3 years"- I know its time to flip the channel -cuz I know right then its a Zoo hunting show.Nothing piss me off more for somebody to capture state wildlife inside a fence - feed em 22 percent and then let some Dufus come in - drive him/her around ..spot the deer - throw up a 300 magnum and cut the deer in half at 75 yards - then shake hands - turn around and fly back to whatver wonderland he /she just came from -

*** Rost - I dont have a link for the Airboat fiasco - when we were at Nails creek - one of the rangers told us that the
" horse " people were complaining - I told him I was sick of Kayaks - Canoes -Boats - and Jet Ski's & Cigar boats etc etc - he got the point - The trailriders want me and you to be banned from the Nails Creek area - I dont think so !!!

Dude.....GMAB

All American

All the time
GB1

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
GMAB ...???

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Its been a couple of years since my son did those. May be a little shoe polish applied to horns. Can't remember. My oldest is pretty good with stuff like that. Both of those were taken on the Rex Kelly Ranch, 9 miles north of Lost Maples. 3000 acre low fenced ranch I hunted for six years.

As to varmint hunting. I usually go to my lease once a month. We're covered up in fox.
Went this last weekend. got two hogs and a coyote. I was sittin in the stand just watching the mornin' after I'd popped the hogs. Got out and saw something out of the corner of my eye. Three coyotes were skulking down a path below me. I dropped and got set up with my sling and nailed the lead dog. Here's one of the pigs and the coyote. I had grilled marinated pork loin off this one last nite along with a ear of roast corn.
GWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by geedubya; 05/31/10.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think he meant GMAFB.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like whining and a leftist thought process.

Give me a break

All American

All the time
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I think he meant GMAFB.

I did at first, then removed the F

All American

All the time
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Why are you reading it ??-I said I was looking for peoples comments and opinions on the subject - is there some kind of forum rules I missed ??

and I dont have a clue what GMAFB stands for ..???

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
Its been a couple of years since my son did those. May be a little shoe polish applied to horns. Can't remember. My oldest is pretty good with stuff like that. Both of those were taken on the Rex Kelly Ranch, 9 miles north of Lost Maples. 3000 acre low fenced ranch I hunted for six years.

As to varmint hunting. I usually go to my lease once a month. We're covered up in fox.
Went this last weekend. got two hogs and a coyote. I was sittin in the stand just watching the mornin' after I'd popped the hogs. Got out and saw something out of the corner of my eye. Three coyotes were skulking down a path below me. I dropped and got set up with my sling and nailed the lead dog. Here's one of the pigs and the coyote. I had grilled marinated pork loin off this one last nite along with a ear of roast corn.
GWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

SWWWWEEET ! I love chasing hogs -I wanted to try out that Foxpro...how do you like it ???

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I think he meant GMAFB.

I did at first, then removed the F

Too subtle. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Sounds like whining and a leftist thought process.

Give me a break

It sounds like that becuz "you" are more than likely part of the problem !! If I did a little background check on ya - I would probably find that out real quick ..wouldnt I - If you dont have anything positive to say - why bother ..either - A.Your looking for attention or B. your just bored - regardless I just dont have time to entertain you right now - so comment on the subject at hand - or simply move on -

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why are you reading it ??-I said I was looking for peoples comments and opinions on the subject - is there some kind of forum rules I missed ??

and I dont have a clue what GMAFB stands for ..???

And what I read was crying and moaning.....buy your own property or quit complaining because someone else charges whatever the market will dictate.

Give Me A Fing Break!

All American

All the time
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
LOLL..nice try buddy - I own my property outright ...

I still dont get your point or your little " codes " if reading something bother you - why are you on this thread ?? furthermore - why do you keep coming back ??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm wondering why I had to be the one to point out the obvious....it's a cross I'm willing to bear.

Since you own your own property hunt it....

All American

All the time
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Rodngun,
I have used corded electronic callers with cassettes in the old days, cheap remotes and mouth calls. I took a chance and stepped up and purchased the foxpro fx3, three years ago. I carry it everywhere, and have used it monthly with no problems whatsoever. I have used it to call in crows, turkey, coyotes, coons bobcats, fox and even deer. It works like a charm. I try to set up on the side of a hill or in an elevated blind, set the call about 30 yards out in front of me. W/fox and bobcat, the wind is no problem. With coyotes its best to try to get above them in a cross wind as they will circle you to get your wind.
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
but whats your point - ??

are you mad at all of us who are carrying on the conversation or do you just feel left out ?? I dont get it ..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

are you mad at all of us who are carrying on the conversation or do you just feel left out ?? I dont get it ..

Crybaby

All American

All the time
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Burnham Brothers was my first electric caller years and years ago- Ive been eyeing the Foxpro - sounds good .I like the remote control part of it too..I'm still stuck on mouth calls..but the Foxpro is getting my attention-

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R

Crybaby

Crybaby ???..you do realize how your making yourself look right now - right ??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Crybaby

Crybaby ???..you do realize how your making yourself look right now - right ??

LMAO!

I'm not the one crying!

All American

All the time
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
enlighten us all "old wise one" and drop your stones and tell all of us what your code game stands for ....

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 53 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,510
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.