#4131584 06/01/10
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed - BUT

What would happen if they put a small NUKE down on the ocean floor and set it off ??? would the ocean floor not seal the deal -

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Epic fail. Let's set off a nuclear explosion in a pipeline rich enviroment - that will help things.

Not to mention what do you do if it fails? It's not like you will ever go back to the site to work on it.

Not to mention the bottom of the gulf isn't exactly a solid surface, it's mud.

Otto is my co-pilot.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Rodngun
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed -

Shoulda stopped there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They'll have this thing done with eventually and then in a year or so no one will even know it happened.....

Whats the amount of hte spill now vs volume in the gulf? Equal to a barrel of oil in Lake S? OR even a barrel in Flag Pond? Nothing that won't be ok given some time.

Always wondered how the world went along when petroleum came up to the surface naturally and on its own...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When the Interstate Highway program was in it's infancy somebody floated the idea to nuke our way through the Rockies & Sierras. Fortunately there was enough voices telling them it would work but the roads would be unusable for at least 100 years.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
[quote=Rodngun]I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed -

Shoulda stopped there. [/quote]

My best Buddy works for Oceaneering - THEY HAVE ALREADY CONSIDERED IT -
The EPA and all the tree huggers in Washington shot it down !!
Its already been done once -

VAnimrod - you would be amazed what you will learn - if you read and listen - instead of trying to be a MFKIA...hows that for Phonetics...LOLL

Last edited by Rodngun; 06/01/10.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess they will just have to drain the big pond , fix the leak and then refill it. They can start by pumping the water from the gulf into LA and SF.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it was considered.....apparently a nuke is about the only kind of explosion that would have sufficient force to overcome the pressure at that depth and really blow anything up. there really aren't any pipelines close by to screw up....they're out on the frontier.

but the PR repercussions made it an unthinkable solution and it was shelved on that basis. I don't think they ever got as far as considering the practical difficulties in detail.....the US is simply not going to set off a nuke in the Gulf, period.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
He just was not as smart as he thought he was..I love it when people have NO CLUE about something and want to try and make somebody else look stupid - I'm willing to bet right about now -he's feeling real stupid !!

It amazes me the Xperts we have on here - no matter the subject .

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
it was considered.....apparently a nuke is about the only kind of explosion that would have sufficient force to overcome the pressure at that depth and really blow anything up. there really aren't any pipelines close by to screw up....they're out on the frontier.

but the PR repercussions made it an unthinkable solution and it was shelved on that basis. I don't think they ever got as far as considering the practical difficulties in detail.....the US is simply not going to set off a nuke in the Gulf, period.

Well at least SOMEBODY has a clue to the subject - Thanks Steve-

I can see where that other guy gets his username from ..

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe the White House Messiah could part the waters long enough to fix the leak.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Well at least SOMEBODY has a clue to the subject - Thanks Steve-

I can see where that other guy gets his username from ..

Hey, brain-child, did I say that it COULDN'T work? Nope.

Just reasserting that you obviously didn't go very far done the lines of thought on your idea. Which you summarized nicely, with the first sentence in your post.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by bea175
Maybe the White House Messiah could part the waters long enough to fix the leak.

No schit, but that comment IS making the circles in a lot of black churches. They are talking about "him" parting the waters and shutting it off himself, after all "the white folks" give up, so "he" can announce "his true self".

I couldn't make that schit up, if I tried.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Apparently Russia used small tonnage nukes up to 5 times to seal off runaway wells. They drilled a parallel well downwards and exploded it deep enough that the oil/natural gas wouldn't just seep sideways to find new exits.

Can't imagine a 10kiloton or so nuke is going to affect other platforms many miles away.

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Keep putting yourself out there buddy - your doing a good job!!! think before you type - you may seem "cute" to some- but I'm not impressed ...run like the scalded dog you are and move on..

FYI - if you have no clue on the subject being discussed why bother with your little "fly" comments .

Next time ask questions- dont just read something and not comprehend what it is you just read and then want to try to be a MFKIA - its does nto help your cause....

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Apparently Russia used small tonnage nukes up to 5 times to seal off runaway wells. They drilled a parallel well downwards and exploded it deep enough that the oil/natural gas wouldn't just seep sideways to find new exits.

Can't imagine a 10kiloton or so nuke is going to affect other platforms many miles away.

Pay CLOSE attention NIMROD - you may learn something !!!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pay CLOSE attention NIMROD - you may learn something !!!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep putting yourself out there buddy - your doing a good job!!! think before you type - you may seem "cute" to some- but I'm not impressed ...run like the scalded dog you are and move on..

FYI - if you have no clue on the subject being discussed why bother with your little "fly" comments .

Next time ask questions- dont just read something and not comprehend what it is you just read and then want to try to be a MFKIA - its does nto help your cause....

actually your digging yourself deeper....

and VA is right, reguardless of whether it will work they wont be detonating a nuke on US soil.....the fallout will be a hell of alot worse than the spill itself, and im not talking radiation....

just cause the ruskies have done it dont mean the majority of the American public will go along with it....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need to develop a thicker skin.

R
Rodngun Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Well truth be known..my best Buddy was on the Rig and still work for Oceaneering- I probably have a litle more insight as to whats going on...

digging yourself deeper - that was funny ..LOLL

In reality FMC and BP and Oceaneering are digging themselves deeper..trying to set new world records

I can see that theres is only a few of us on here that have a clue when it comes to Wells - so I will just leave it at that ,, ADIOS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,829
Posts18,516,877
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.