-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Remember Bush 41's "watch my lips, no new taxes"?

Hussein looking for some azz to kick might be his slip of the tongue to be remembered by.
link to story
Boehner to Obama: Find some 'ass to kick' on the budget deficit

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday that President Barack Obama should find someone's "ass to kick" regarding the budget deficit.

The Republican leader riffed off comments the president made Tuesday that he consults with experts on the BP oil spill to determine "whose ass to kick."
"Look, we�re broke," Boehner said in a statement. "We�re $13 trillion in debt, and 43 cents of every dollar the federal government spends this year we�re going to have to borrow and pass the bill on to our kids and grandkids.

"I think it�s time for Democrats here on Capitol Hill to start listening to the American people. They want spending cut and they want it cut now. And I�m wondering, why isn�t the president looking for someone�s �ass to kick� on this subject?"

House Republicans have railed against Democrats for passing policies such as the federal stimulus package and the healthcare law, saying that they have caused the deficit to balloon out of control. Boehner also argued that Democratic policies have fallen short on job creation, citing the lower-than-expected 41,000 new private sector jobs last month.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have voted for only one Democrat (Richard Shelby,once) since 1964 but the Republicans sound as if they handed Obama a debt free country. There is nothing I like or admire about Obama but the Republicans were not averse to a little debt when they were in charge. I think we need to give them all a fair trial before we hang them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You gotta admit that is pure comedy gold.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There has not been one president who handed his sucessor a debt free country in quite some time, the last nine Presidents being the worst of the lot with Obama being the worst of the worst, if there is such a thing! IMVHO they all should be tarred and feathered!

The best and last President to hand off a truly "lowered Debt" to the next guy was Calvin Cooledge.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
getting a little away from what I intended here.

Boehner was saying that if hussein needed to kick some A, then he should start with folks in HIS krewe that are working over time to screw the American Economy.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Politicians from both parties are just YES people. YES how can I buy your vote...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I agree with MC and is exactly why I'm so afraid that Nov will not be a "victory." Who will be replacing the dems? My guess is that whoever is elected will just go back to doing business the same old way after being sworn in.

America cannot afford to another term of business as usually and I don't see any politician having the courage to start cutting our govt's economic baggage.

It is in politician's DNA to make promises to "give" inorder to buy off voters, they don't know any other way. I doubt we will see the changes needed for our country's survival.

Unfortunately you can only stack the debt so high and all our elected officials just hope it won't fall over during their watch. I'm afraid we've reached critical mass and the inevitable is finally here.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The Central Government has grown so large as to be virtually uncontrollable by ant entity.

I am not at all optimistic.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1minute, 117LBS, 2five7, 42 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,321
Posts18,505,838
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.