Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Are any members on this site a member on thehighroad.org? If so are you able to get the site up? I haven't been able to load the site since friday evening.

Perserverance is a virtue,,,unless your an idiot

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am, I wasn't able to get it up yesterday or today

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
thanks thought maybe issue was on my end

Perserverance is a virtue,,,unless your an idiot
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Still down.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Try: www.thehighroad.US - it was working last night, but thehighroad.org wasn't. Maybe Oleg Volk won his lawsuit over the hijacking of the original forum.
I for one won't miss the .org forum.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by speedsixman
Try: www.thehighroad.US - it was working last night, but thehighroad.org wasn't. Maybe Oleg Volk won his lawsuit over the hijacking of the original forum.
I for one won't miss the .org forum.

Myron

I am a member of thehighroad.org although not a frequent visitor. When did the hijacking of the"original" forum happen? What was the story behind it?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is a long story - there was a little info on THR.US, but Oleg didn't go into a lot of detail, pending settlement of the lawsuit. Might try a Google search for info as there was a blog article about it but I don't remember where.

BTW, I was just on THR.US and Oleg had a post that stated the .ORG forum outage was NOT related to the lawsuit, but the whole server or domain for several forums is down. It is apparently a technical problem.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome to The High Road� When I started this forum in 2002, my vision was to create a place where people from around the world could engage in cordial discussion of RKBA related matters. Since then, you have helped make The High Road� one of the best places on the web for learning about firearms, for educating new shooters and for supporting effective advocacy of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Due to pending legal issues, I am moving the forum to a new home at TheHighRoad.us �. This is the same site you've enjoyed, temporarily at a different domain. The same high standards of civility apply. In the near future, we will provide more than just a forum. The High Road(tm) is becoming an information and activism center for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The new location of The High Road� -- http://www.thehighroad.us -- will serve our members while the conversion of the .org domain name by THR's former sysadmin is being challenged in court. (Copy of the complaint available here Copies of proof of service available here )

Feel free to mirror this announcement on your blog. If you link to THR�, please update the link to point to thehighroad.us Eventually, both .us and .org addresses will point to the same site again.

Thank you all - Oleg Volk, THR� founder/owner.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hope the .org version and the azzhole moderators disappear for good. It won't be settled until the lawsuit goes to court later this year.
As far as I can tell, all the old archives were copied over to the new forum, so you can go back through the old posts to day one if you are looking for something.
Seems to be a bit better moderators on the .us version also.

Myron

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,707
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.