Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Gang
Need USERS opinions on their Valdada HUNTING scopes, specifically the 4-14 X 50 or 56 mm.
Lots of info on the tactical ones but not the hunting line.
Experiences with the scopes, problems / pluses, warranty work,optics, reliability,repeatability/tracking, etc , etc. PLEASE!!
Thanks

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
No experience with the variables, but I own and shoot with the fixed 4x. Superb optics, dead on repeatability and tracking (1/2moa) and someone is there to answer the phone when you need a question asked.
So far so good with the ONE I own.

M
OP Offline
M
kvTbear
Thanks for the reply.
Please, more Valdada hunting scope user responses .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like kc don't own a variable but do have the 6x42 Tactical with the MP8 reticle
[Linked Image]

working well on my 375 Ruger, nice clear optics.

IMO IOR's are great scopes and compare favorably with my Zeiss's and Kahles.

"The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

Criminals prefer unarmed victims and dictators prefer unarmed citizens
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Can't speak for the variables but I've had a fixed four since 2005 on my Ruger M77 RS (tang safety) 35 Whelen and it's held up well and gives up nothing to my 4X Swarovski or 4X Zeiss.
I'm thinking about getting another to put on a Sako Forester L579 308 WCF.

Semper Fi
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
where is the best place to buy one?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
SWFA
Bear Basin
They both have them for the same price, but Bear Basin will ship for free. Not sure about SWFA.
Helluva scope in my opinion.

Mustard, I should have clarified that I also own the 2.5-10x42 Ill. (tactical), but not hunting scope. Not sure what the difference in build is other than click values, adjustments dials are raised in tactical models and reticle choices differ. Other than these qualities, they should be identical.
This scope is also awesome.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had a 6X42 hunting model. Turret adjustments were dead on, but I only moved them once, then checked zero several times every year for 8 years. It was on a slug gun. It was uncanny how accurate that slug gun was and how well the IOR held zero. The optics were superb and the zero never changed. I didn't shoot as many rounds from the slug gun as I do my rifles, but I think the punishment evened out. I sold it to get another scope and regret it every time I think about it.

M
OP Offline
M
Gang - Thanks for the input so far and PLEASE keep it comming.
I talked with one Valdada distributor who will not sell the HUNTING line due to too many problems, so I really need the real world input from this group!!!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've got the 4-14X50 on my Cooper 25-06. Its the 4A lighted reticle. I put the brand new rifle and scope on my F350 bedrail in a bout of absentmindedness and it promptly fell about four feet to the ground. I shook the rifle off and zero was not effected. Its not a Swaro Z6i. Its a bit crude but well built. I would compare it glass wise to a Zeiss Conquest. I used the lighted dot in a last legal light buck kill. I don't have any buyers remorse. Would buy another. Hope this helps.

IC B3

M
OP Offline
M
Lee
Thanks for the onfo.
I am disappointed the optics are only as good as the entry level Conquest. The glass and internals are supposed to be the same as their tacticals which most users claim the glass to almost be equal to the high end euro scopes.
This scope is for my 22-250 coyote gun and I need great low light performance and image crispness(for my 50 plus eyes!).
If their glass is only as good as the Conquest then I may as well save some weight and several hundred dollars andbuy the Meopta Meostar 4-12X56!Whcih has glass as good as the Conquest also.
Comments guys!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I had an IOR 4x14x50 Tactical and have an IOR 2.5x10x42 Tactical. I also have Swarovski PH, Kahles and a Conquest. In my opinion the glass in the IOR's are more on a par with Swarovski and Kahles than the Conquest.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'd agree with RickyD

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you spend any time at all on this forum, you will see a lot of knife fights, hard words and just plain insults over optics. Its because everyone sees things just a little different from anyone else, and no one wants to hear that their hard earned money was spent on junk optics. Currently I have just three scopes. My IOR, a Conquest 4-14, and a Swaro Z6i. The Z6 comes with the latest and greatest Swaro coatings and HD glass. So given those three choices, my IOR is closest to the Conquest for my eyes. As stated previously, I've made a last light shot with the IOR. The 4A reticle was about gone and I shot the "dot". That would be the scope I would purchase for your needs. Hope this helps. Lee

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If you spend any time at all on this forum, you will see a lot of knife fights, hard words and just plain insults over optics.
Lee, if you found my post that expressed an opinion different than yours in an area of knife fights, hard words, or just plain insulting, I'll apologize. But I hope that's not the case.

Its because everyone sees things just a little different from anyone else, and no one wants to hear that their hard earned money was spent on junk optics.
First, I would hope we could agree that we are not discussing junk optics.

Second, I'll give you another reason this forum seems to disintegrate into pejoratives and hyperbole: because some folks simply recoil and lash out when someone else expresses an opinion contrary to theirs. It's a human pride thing and we can all be guilty of it from time to time. Some, seem to make sport of it and are quite accomplished at it.

Please understand, I am only commenting in general and am not in any way inferring my suggestion applies to you or your post. I don't post on this forum much and have no remembrances of any similarly described posts by you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've owned a 6-24 "varmint hunter" model and a 2.5-10 tactical. Both built like tanks, excellent optics, great reticles, no issues from me. I didn't do much knob turning, but what little I did do seemed perfect.

No complaints here.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sir, I meant no offense. To anyone. I don't consider IOR's, Zeiss or Swaro to be junk. My IOR is still on my Cooper and I have complete confidence in it. My point was that this particular forum on the campfire tends to run hotter than another. The OP looked to be new here and I was giving him a heads up. Nothing more.

M
OP Offline
M
GUYS
Thanks for the info and keep it coming, I should have been more clear when I called the Conquest "entry level", I meant for Zeiss!!!
Anyway, I do not intend to cause any friction here, just good honest opinions by actual users.It is true what works for one may not be as good as for the other!
Have the illumination system been reliable on the Valdada's?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No worries, Lee, and I agree this forum runs hot as you aptly said. Good choice of words. Just wanted to offer an "I'm sorry" if I had offended and mostly because it does. Glad that's not the case with ya. I've never had the opportunity to look through one of the new Swarovski's yet. I bet they are sweet!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I was at Cabela's the other day. I looked through a Leupold,Zeiss Conquest and a Swarvoski Z5 5x25x52MM. I just noticed a boulder reticle in both the Leupolds Zeiss. The Swaro was $500 bucks more and I'm not certain the image was worth $500 more ? I personally own a IOR Tactical 2.5x10x42MM and its optics are "Bad to the Bone"...... Side note I have a B&L elite 4200 6x24x40MM made just before they switch to Bushnell. That scope is nearly 10 years old and glass is amazingly good.

Last edited by Ironworker; 06/16/10.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (320090T, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 29 invisible), 1,209 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,487
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.