N
I got your e-mail. Heck I'm game.

Something clever here.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm with RWS.I wanna go to Camp Chickenbuck.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
bring bug spray Stan! grin

Something clever here.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thank you for sharing the trip pics with us that only wish.

I sent the pics of a great trip to my brother and his comment was about insects.
Guess Sand Volleyball is the limit for outdoor recreation for some.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm with RWS too. I want to go weelin! Hey Stan if you can make it to Chickenbuck that would be great! smile

It has been kinda wierd around here lately. First on Sunday morning, Jeremy's mom and stepdad found a small buck (about 4" spike) washed up on their beach on Lake Melissa. And our neighbor saw a black bear cross the road about 1 mile from our house. We have never seen signs of bear in our area before.

Jeremy's mom and stepdad tried calling the DNR about the deer and all they said is to dump it in the local landfill. You would think they would want to come and look at it atleast, but no they were not that concerned about it. What if it was shot, (poachers). They did not care one bit. I still have the same respect for the DNR as I did after deer hunting last fall. We had I believe 3 deer to register and get tested. But nobody was there to test them, It was closing day. I would have thought someone would have been there on the last day. Sorry I'm venting, but it makes me upset the way they opperate.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey LouisB, honestly the bugs weren't bad at all in the boundary waters. When we got back home we couldn't believe how bad they were at the house. They are very bad at home here, it just wasn't like that in BWCA for some reason.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One would think that bugs were worse in the south but it seems that the opposite is true.The exception to that is the gnats in south Georgia.They are in your face all the time.Here in the upstate we have very little bug problem.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
LouisB.

I absolutely LOVE your sig line. You must have worked around engineers too! grin

Present campfire engineers excluded of course!

laugh

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
One would think that bugs were worse in the south but it seems that the opposite is true.The exception to that is the gnats in south Georgia.They are in your face all the time.Here in the upstate we have very little bug problem.

Stan in SC

Maybe its the feast or famine principal. In the south the bugs are more layed back because they know they can go munch on sumptin year round. Up here, its get it now because tomorrow you might be dead. Kinda like if you brought an Ethiopian to the Golden Corral before putting him on a return flight. smile

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Muffy
I'm with RWS too. I want to go weelin!

I smell a wheelin adventure cool

Muffy - There are bears pretty much everywhere there is decent cover for them. They just don't show themselves very often.

Last edited by Rooster7; 06/23/10.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
see everybody wants to go to camp chicken buck grin

Last edited by runswithscissors; 06/23/10.

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
better get the grass trimmed up and the wood supply built up too. could be a good time! I may even have a new one for you to try dave. not sure when its coming yet but it is a crew too!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Crew Polaris or Crew Ford?

bring one of each grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LouisB, that is a good sig line. I work with a few....okay, quite a few... of those folks.

Thank goodness i am excepted... grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Rooster7
As a matter of fact, the person that was talking when that came rolling off of their tongue as discussing a school educated engineer. Same person took offense when I said it was so simple that even an engineer could understand it. Took him several minutes of cogitation before made sense to him. If he only knew he was the source, not the target of such statements.

Over time I have found many it fit, of all levels and types of education.

Bugs, I would suffer some bugs to spend some time at BWCA. I don't want to white water canoe or spend my life paddling upstream. I want to canoe, fish and goof off!
Several at work went up in the area, paddled hard upstream for a week and complained there was no time to fish or enjoy it. I asked why they did not go upstream and canoe back to the starting point. Said they couldn't, cause they could only get picked up at the other end.

When I asked why the vehicles that came and picked them up couldn't have done just the opposite . . .

The look on their face with that bit of logic proves my tag line.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muffy
I'm with RWS too. I want to go weelin! Hey Stan if you can make it to Chickenbuck that would be great! smile

It has been kinda wierd around here lately. First on Sunday morning, Jeremy's mom and stepdad found a small buck (about 4" spike) washed up on their beach on Lake Melissa. And our neighbor saw a black bear cross the road about 1 mile from our house. We have never seen signs of bear in our area before.

Jeremy's mom and stepdad tried calling the DNR about the deer and all they said is to dump it in the local landfill. You would think they would want to come and look at it atleast, but no they were not that concerned about it. What if it was shot, (poachers). They did not care one bit. I still have the same respect for the DNR as I did after deer hunting last fall. We had I believe 3 deer to register and get tested. But nobody was there to test them, It was closing day. I would have thought someone would have been there on the last day. Sorry I'm venting, but it makes me upset the way they opperate.

I asked a DNR guy and he told me that they quit testing when they meet their "quota" for deer to be tested, they just want to get a sample as opposed to every single deer that gets harvested. I agree, they should be wanting to test as many as they can, but they have to pay those folks over time and they don't like doing that I guess.
as for the deer washing up that is odd, but the DNR won't raise much of an eyebrow unless a few more start to. could have been a deer that just tried swimming across and drown, it happens believe it or not.

on a cool note I saw a moose today on glacial lake refuge where i work, it was pretty exciting because we don't get many of them down here. we do have lots of bugs though thats for sure

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
ok we all will leave on friday morning grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Leave Friday morning? Did you forget Dad used all his vacation for the BWCA trip? We do work boy... grin

We'll talk weekend plans later tonight RWS.

"I'm not crying!!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
you going to drive the mustang out there RWS? Getr' Done!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
ok we will leave tonight grin

Page 405 of 1,842 1 2 403 404 405 406 407 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,621 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.