Print Thread
Hop To
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Let's see....Obama just fired a US 4Star General for insubordinate comments. I'm career military and fully understand that we (military) have some limits imposed on our freedom of speech. As much as I liked Gen McChrystal, he knew the rules too.

If POTUS is going to fire him then he needs to fire Labor Sec. Solis for her PSA TV add that is encouraging illegals to contact the Labor Dept if they are receiving "un-fare" wages. Pick the grounds:

1. Treason under Art 3, Sec 3 of the US Constitution. or
2. Conspiracy to commit criminal acts. or
3. Since the Director of Homeland Security is involved/has knowledge of what is going on as well as the the Attorney General and DOJ, toss them all out and indite under the RICO Act.

Last edited by m3taco; 06/24/10.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But that does not fit into bam bam's agenda of ruining America.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the more you dig into General Stan, the more you come to realize he is a hard core lefty. I think liberalism is a mental disease, and it finally caught up with him.

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm pretty sure the government exempted itself from RICO, just like they do with every other law.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Mannlicher:

I have spent the past 8 years at HQ USCENTCOM. This includes the time that Gen McChrystal was next door as CDR SOCOM. Though I did not personally interface with him, other officers I worked with did.

His comments in the article not withstanding, Gen McChrystal left his politics at the edge of the AOR. While he may or may not have voted for Obama I would hardly consider the comments in the magazine article as being a "hard core lefty". His reputation with those who served under him was that the troops came first. He was one of the ONLY "Stars" who would actually show up unannounced and go out on patrols with them.

I was here under Gen Franks, Gen Abizaid,Adm Fallon (flake and fired) Gen Dempesy and Gen Petraeus. Call it what you will, but Obama also kicked Gen Petraeus by in effect demoting him from command of one of the 9 Theater Commands (HQ USCENTCOM) to CDR of the AFG theater.

IC B2

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
bbassi:

Could be, don't know.....or maybe we just need a AG with some gd STONES.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
AGs are either politicians or work for politicians. You think they are going to cut their own throats? Not that I don't agree with you whole heartily, but it will never happen. It wouldn't even happen with a SP (ala Ken Star). None of them are going to bight the hand that has fed them for so long. It would be career suicide.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
B
B
Originally Posted by m3taco
Mannlicher:

I have spent the past 8 years at HQ USCENTCOM. This includes the time that Gen McChrystal was next door as CDR SOCOM. Though I did not personally interface with him, other officers I worked with did.

His comments in the article not withstanding, Gen McChrystal left his politics at the edge of the AOR. While he may or may not have voted for Obama I would hardly consider the comments in the magazine article as being a "hard core lefty". His reputation with those who served under him was that the troops came first. He was one of the ONLY "Stars" who would actually show up unannounced and go out on patrols with them.

I was here under Gen Franks, Gen Abizaid,Adm Fallon (flake and fired) Gen Dempesy and Gen Petraeus. Call it what you will, but Obama also kicked Gen Petraeus by in effect demoting him from command of one of the 9 Theater Commands (HQ USCENTCOM) to CDR of the AFG theater.

GEN McChrystal was never the Commander of SOCOM. Are you sure you didn't mean SOCCENT or CFSOCC-A?

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
bbassi:

I fully understand the politics involved - maybe we need to change the process....make the AG an elected position instead of an appointed position. That way the AG is "behold'n" to the voters and a bit more independent. Say a four year term that runs during the "mid-term" elections.

Might force both sides to actually follow the law.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Badger Mat:

Correct, my bad SOCCENT.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama put himself in a situation where he had nothing but bad choices�

AND he made a bad choice, I�m stunned.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Obama ain't got many choices left beyond Petraeus....
Don't know how any rational human being could ever operate effectively under Obama, so time will tell how long Petraeus can last.
Obama has dug himself into a BIG hole, and now must live in that hole.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (257Bob, 21, 160user, 260madman, 270wsmnutt, 257 roberts, 51 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,313
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.