Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I didn't order a cargo chair, and once my pack gets here, I will make a compression cloth, like what kifaru sells as the grab it. Should be easy to make and I think I will use it much more then the cargo chair. Maybe I will want the cargo chair too. So many accessory options it leaves me a little confused...and since there is no local kifaru store to go check them out,even leads to more confusion.

GB1

P
PBR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Think really pretty girl (distraction), a little too much weight for the last set(ego) and not getting quite deep enough on the catch phase(technique)...

Originally Posted by 280rules
[quote=PBR]Have to admit I didn't get it until I was in the gym this morning. Unfortunately, I was doing cleans when it hit me - pretty sure I tore something in my elbow do to the laughter coming mid-clean...

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how anyone could injure their elbow doing a powerclean.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The chair will be nice with you LH if you decide to remove the bag and use the frame as a hauler. With the bag the grab it will serve you well IMHO.

Good Shooting!
W
W
I'm not a big fan of the top lid on my Longhunter Guide. I just ordered an Ascent 14 to replace it. Once I add this pack on in place, it should only add about 1# to the total pack weight (after removing top lid), and still give me the versatility of a great daypack. Once I get it, and get it installed, I'll post some pics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are looking at replacing your pack lid in favor of a daypack, you might look into the UL style packs as the Ascent 14 can't really haul any weight out either and you can get a UL day pack capable of hauling 35 pounds and 3000+ cu in for less that 16 oz vs. the 47 oz of the Ascent 14. Plus in most cases the UL pack will be cheaper and probably weigh less than the original daypack lid. Just something to look into anyways.

IC B2

W
W
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
If you are looking at replacing your pack lid in favor of a daypack, you might look into the UL style packs as the Ascent 14 can't really haul any weight out either and you can get a UL day pack capable of hauling 35 pounds and 3000+ cu in for less that 16 oz vs. the 47 oz of the Ascent 14. Plus in most cases the UL pack will be cheaper and probably weigh less than the original daypack lid. Just something to look into anyways.

Do you have a link, or which would you suggest? Thanks for the heads up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25

Here are some packs that I would consider. Honestly the MLD Burn pack at 10 oz looks pretty attractive. If you aren't considering it to haul anything but your day hunt gear it would fit the bill I think. $135 (vs. $199), 10 oz, folds up small, right around 2,000 cu in9vs. 1400 cu in). Likely you will be lighter than then you started with your pack with its daypack lid. Its rated for 50+ supposedly (wouldn't suggest that) but comfort rate is 22 lbs which is all I would ever need for my day hunting gear. I am sure its not the end all be all, but worth considering over the Ascent 14 IMO since you aren't looking to haul meat out with either pack.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I got my G1 Spike Camp today. Seems well built. The black color, I could live without, and the orange zipper pulls and bungie. I could see black if it was a tactical pack, and I was a night stalking ninja..but the Spike Camp is a hunting pack; so what were you thinking Patrick? I have some predator fleece, so I will be making a velcro fleece cover to install soon. Pics to follow. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Week two of waiting for my new Long Hunter Guide; only 4 more at the most to go.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You didnt know it was black when you ordered it?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yea, I bought it used, with no pic, other than seeing a few guys online posing with them hunting. I just didn't know HOW black it was lol.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You can't kill animals with a black pack! It has to be camo with lots of pockets! Sheesh! I made my own fleece predator panels for my Late Season. Doesn't really matterthough, if you have camo on and move the gig is up period. It does look cool though and help with brush. PAtrick is a gun hunter as well and not a bow hunter. My last word is even Sitka packs have the orange pulls on them.

Good Shooting!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
I have some predator fleece, so I will be making a velcro fleece cover to install soon. Pics to follow.

It didn't come with the standard camo fleece panels?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
I have some predator fleece, so I will be making a velcro fleece cover to install soon. Pics to follow.

It didn't come with the standard camo fleece panels?

I know for a fact that standard camo won't work on cagey Iowa whitetails. I read it on the big internet machine.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hunting1
You can't kill animals with a black pack! It has to be camo with lots of pockets!

A whole bunch of critters didnt get the memo.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No fleece panels went with it. I did get a GPS pouch with it though.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am ditching all of my camo and just going to bow hunt dressed in black. Should conceal me well up in a tree.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would find some John Deere Green were I was looking to blend in in Iowa...

N
NXP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Hunting1 - Sitka had to put orange pulls on it just so you could find them. That pattern just bugs my eyes looking at it in the store. I think it's neat stuff - overkill, but neat.

HCH - yep, it should have come with reversable fleece panels. You've got the DIY bug, so a set of Predator panels would be easy enough to whip up. If nothing else - Krylon.

NXP

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
"Hunting1 - Sitka had to put orange pulls on it just so you could find them. "

Pretty sure that is why they are on the black G1 Kifaru's as well! I am also pretty sure you can kill with those darn, black Kifaru packs. smile

Good huntn!

Good Shooting!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hard Core: if you need some camo get a multicam Grab-It. Kind of looks like a diaper on the pack but has a lot of uses besides "stealth".

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

360 members (10ring1, 160user, 10Glocks, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 32 invisible), 13,765 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,110
Posts18,542,080
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.