Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Why is it that the majority of the folks who chime in on Harley Davidson related threads, that are throwing stones either a.) Have never ridden, let alone owned one, or b.) Are into a style of motorcycle(primarily "crotch rockets", which I have nothing against, myself) that H-D doesn't even manufacture, so why the comparison? I suppose it's no different than our gun related threads....people seem to like to spout off about things they have no first hand experience with. Just curious.

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akjeff
I suppose it's no different than our gun related threads....people seem to like to spout off about things they have no first hand experience with.

Jeff

Thats about it.Theres alot of that on this board for sure.
When your 20 theres not a thing wrong with a penis and scroturn chrusher.Now that im older I have alittle more respect for my junk.
Most of the people I know that are riding v twin wannbees are just biding there time before they can swing a H-D.Not a thing wrong with that either.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't get on any donor cycle, unless it was off road.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Harley Davidson's are decent motorcycles. For the type of bike they are, they're almost as good as a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic.

If you could buy a good used Road Glide for what they're worth, ($5000-$6500) I'd probably own one.

,..but I wouldn't dress all up like Black-fuggin-Beard the pirate everytime I went for a ride on it,...as seems to be customary.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
<whew> ... glad my beard's grey...
wink

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
It's kinda funny when you see a couple of local guys buy Sportster's and all of a sudden they're wearing cut off jean jackets and wearing a bandana, black leather boots and straight pipes and they think they're cool. Just a fricken joke!

Tom

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I always bashed them, but then again when i was young i only rode "INDIANS" the real ones from the wigwam!!!!! wink Don

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You know the difference between a Harley and a Hoover, right?....

The dirtbag is on the inside of the Hoover!... wink

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
..but I wouldn't dress all up like Black-fuggin-Beard the pirate everytime I went for a ride on it,...as seems to be customary.

That's less gay than the crotch rocket guy wearing the chartreuse and lime green leather jacket that's two sizes too small and a full ninja helmet.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i rode my 94 harley into a gas station other day and a guy noticed and comented that my bike wasn't spotless.My response was that yuppies buy their bikes to look at i bought mine to ride.To further make my point mine is a 1200 sportster that i rode from upstate ny to sturgis,new orleans,floridia and maine.......Among many other place and never been trailered a day.Afterward he admitted he only had 2k on a 2009 road king what a waste of a road bike was my response and rode off

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what the modern day typical HD owner is trying to be ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Bristoe, what do you wear on the ricer Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic? Kamikaze headband? smile

Don't ride a scooter no more but if I did it would be one from an American outfit.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
Hey Bristoe, what do you wear on the ricer Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic? Kamikaze headband? smile

I ride a 2002 Bonneville. I wear whatever I happen to have on when I decide to go riding + a pair of wraparound Ray Bans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From another site, "the ultimate motorcycle time machine" the Bonneville that is.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I dont usually bash unless some harley yuppie starts things. Dont get me wrong, I think Harley makes a nice bike, but not for the money. I ride a Victory and I paid far less for a bike that will go faster, pull harder, get better gas mileage, and require MUCH less maintenance. Its also made in the USA, and more comfortable. Honestly, I dont care what you ride, but I cant stand the harley mentality of 'if its not harley, its not worth havin'. My bike, my business.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ride my 2002 Low Rider somewhere around 8K miles per year. It's bone stock except for the high flow intake and the Screaming Eagle pipes
I wear leathers and boots when I feel the need, but this morning it was tennis shoes and a T shirt.
I'm looking to move up in a year or so and really like the Soft Tail line

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Objectively, Harleys aren't that great. Better than in the AMF days, and before THAT, but no thanks.
While I love the motor music, on the other hand the power curve, gear box, riding position and pretty much everything else just doesn't make it for me.
If I have to do a V-twin, give me a Ducati of comparative vintage to any hog. The music is just as wonderful, but so is the rest of the opera.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by Bristoe
..but I wouldn't dress all up like Black-fuggin-Beard the pirate everytime I went for a ride on it,...as seems to be customary.

That's less gay than the crotch rocket guy wearing the chartreuse and lime green leather jacket that's two sizes too small and a full ninja helmet.
Maybe so but it's just as pathetic.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Everybody who criticizes someone else's choice in motorcycles, guns, etc. is generally just a blow hard massaging his own ego.

It's your money. Do what you want with it. Ask for advice if you want, or don't.

Paul
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
well said and when i rode to sturgis in 95 their were other makes of bikes and i didn't see no one get critisized because what they chose to ride in fact i did hear i don't care what you ride as long as you ride

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.