Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinJohn is a great guy EXCEPT...He invited me to hunt moose in Sweden with him PROVIDED I signed an oath at port of entry NOT to snag any Swedish beauties and take them home!!! grin Oh the Cruelty!!! grin

My God what an uncivilized demand to make of any man. grin

Well, we Swedish shooters did not like the USA's export controls on gunstocks or any other gun parts... so we retaliated with export controls on our Hot Babes!

Tell you what: If the USA will drop their silly export controls so I can order something like a fiberglass stock or a trigger guard without an export permit, I will lobby for dropping the export restrictions on Swedish Hot Babes... grin

Just to add to the pressure: here is a picture of a typical woman's soccer team just to show you what you are missing... (I have posted it before, but nobody has complained about being forced to look at it!) smile

[Linked Image]

John

GB1

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Well, so much for getting info...for the time being....pictures like that are just...SO WONDERFUL!!

Gun parts can't be exported. If we donate them as gifts to Sweden from the American People, will some of the girls be able to emigrate? After all, gifts are not commerce or subject to export/import limitations,

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntsville
Jon and Guy: Wow, what a great looking animal! Went through the links last night and it looks like there were as many red deer killed in Noray as moose. Which is a new development as it was mostly moose being taken. Anyway, the animals are quality, and it is more about the hunt and seeing new places and people that moves me. Have fished Lake Chelan...beautiful place. I could return there anytime.

From the maps, it looks like the red deer are closer to the coast. I will be flying into and visiting in Stavanger, so red deer looks closer.
I was told that July and August were the best months for sun and not as wet and cold. Is September still ok for some sightseeing, too? My wife, who also hunts, will be with me. We could come end of August and stay over, I suppose.
I am getting excited!
John, have you hunted in North America?

Joe

Hi Joe

Actually, I am from Canada but have lived in the US before coming to Sweden. Hunted and fished everywhere!

September is great to come! Won't be cold either -- likely sweater weather at the worst. It is coastal, so it may be rainy though.

Norway and Sweden are a long way north, and in June and well into July we have nearly 24 hours of daylight. Even in September you will find very long days and very nice weather -- and that would be my choice for hunting time! The birch will be changing colour towards the end of September, and you may have some really spectacular backdrops behind your pictures of the red deer you have shot!

I wish I could help more on the specifics of hunting in Norway, but I have not hunted there myself. I will try to find some more links for you though.

This is excellent deep sea fishing in Stavanger! Here is a link of other things that you and your better half may enjoy. Things to do in Stavanger

If you are not afraid of heights, you should visit Preikestol-en (the Pulpit Rock, roughly translated). Here are 2 views. Note the man with a backpack in the first picture for scale!

[Linked Image]

And yes, you can dangle your feet over the edge there -- in the lawsuit-crazy US, there would be guardrails!

[Linked Image]

Hopefully, you can type in things like "Norway" "Stavanger" and "hunting" into a search engine like google and find more info. Like Sweden, most Norwegians understand English well, and thanks to MTV and Hollywood, the young ones speak it as well as you or I!

John

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntsville
OK, love All the posts. But who has hunted in Norway?

I just remembered the name of a Norwegian who posts here.

Do a username search for " steffen " and try to contact him with a personal message (or maybe he added his email).

I am sure that there are others, but steffen is the only one I can recall right now.

You are right about the Norwegian blondes... Not too shabby! I think the Norwegians have better scenery with all those fjords , but I like to think we have hotter babes! smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

John

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
By the way, I sent you a PM.
I have a pm into Steffen but he hasn't responded yet. Love the pictures, isn't nature beautiful.
We met a young girl here in the Houston area who is from Stavanger. She was here for training w Baker Hughes. Perfect english, but the scandinavian countries have always aught english well. Don't know why we can't teach languages as well.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm likin' this thread a lot! I think a trip to Sweden and Norway are in order!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
i haven't been in here for ages, but i have sent a reply to you.

another cool thing to see in the Stavanger area is sverd i fjell(sword in mountain)
[Linked Image]
(i don't know these people, it's just a picture i found on the net.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 338reddog, 45_100, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 27 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,915
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.