-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
the first one, is old tried and true, the one I had first and used most, had to replace the stock after last fall as it broke and now need to grind the decelerator pad down to fit the new stock

the 2nd one, just got done refinishing the stock and awaiting a tritium front sight blade from Brockman's to see how I like it.

the 3rd is the new addition and my wife is soooo mad at Montana Marine, grin

after resighting the SS version will determine whether to do the new boy as the same as it or more traditional as the first one.

I've two boys, with cowboy loads even the 12 year old can carry his to the cabin and out and about w/out being punished by recoil.

the oldest boy and I can run em hot to knock the snot outa whatever gets in the way.

I'm thinking we'll have fun.

[Linked Image],

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great group.

Love me my Marlins, too.

What kind of stock is there on th middle one?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
it's just the wood stock it came with cmg.

it's got truck bed liner sprayed on top of it, after sanding it to rough it up some of course.

there was a guy on here Leverboy IIRC or Josh from Anchorage that had done that gig, and like most of us that use rifles in harsh weather we thought he'd found a synthetic that perhaps didn't cost as much as the new one I bought like the WWG's synthetic stocks do.

haven't seen him post in awhile, wish he would, I don't know how they hold up over time, I need to touch mine up in a few places, and the forearm is a mess, I did it outside rather than in the garage, had the dogs in the house and one of my boys came out and here came momma's little dog to see what I was up to, yep rolled it right off the newspaper into the spruce needles.

but seems it would work pretty good.

I coated mine 8 times with pretty thin coats, spraying from about a foot away.

will keep the fire posted as to how it holds up in weather and the normal use/abuse I subject a rifle to.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nice!

Just gotta explain to the wife how practical another 45-70 is. How much you're 'saving' by not having to re-tool to load/feed another chambering....grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks good from here.

I like it how great minds seem to think alike.

I tried flooring paint on mine. The stuff you use for basements etc.

Held up ok - for a while.

So ugly - I took no pics. laugh

Looking forward to the reports from the field of yours.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
tks cmg,

I'm not as much for looks on my personal firearms as I am function. I just use them too hard to keep em looking nice.

yeppers Shane I doubt our little women truly appreciate what great lengths we go to save them a few $$$

no telling what kind of worthless crap she'd have brought home if I didn't spend it first!

(god I hope she never reads this)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinShane, it appears that Randy is about to go target shooting!! grin
[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
ready, fire, aim

repeat as necessary

and oh lordy have I over the years Jim!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinHell, I been reading yer exploits for a while now and I have concluded that yer ol' Lady is a Helluva cool gurl grin Cool enuff to where some asskissing would NOT be considered inappropriate grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't mind kissing her thereabout them parts

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
and truth be told, I was busy and she went and picked it up, I got lucky

and that's a good thang, cause there ain't much chance of me being good

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,227
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.