Hi everyone:

I just joined this evening (7/11/10) on the advice of Mr. Callahan (Savage Arms Historian) in the hope that somebody may be able to help me find my great-grandfather's Savage Model 1895 .303 rifle. It would be great to get it back in the family. I know the following details because I researched the rifle for my grandfather years ago (in 1975) and kept the records. I know my chances are slim, but here is the info:

-sold by mistake in 1983 in a yard sale in Oklahoma City, OK;
-rifle/crescent butt plate;
-full-length octagonal barrel;
-three sets of sights: the standard factory Buckhorn rear and blade front, a rear flip-up peep/tang, and a rear flip-up adjustable elevation-type sight;
-s/n #32xx.

I was told there are Savage collectors in OKC, and I saw photos from the Savage Fest last Fall, so I am hoping the gun may still be in OK or that one of you has it or may have seen it, or know someone who may have it. I don't know whether the three types of sights are rare or common, but maybe that would spark a recollection.

Many thanks! I will offer a small cash reward if anyone can lead me to it, and will pay a fair price to the current owner. Too much time has passed, but I need to try to find it. Thanks again.

Richard (cell: 213-200-7934 or faulrichgmail.com)