Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Guess what? I live in one of the top 20. I have traveled on business extensively all over the world and learned first hand that the TC area was a great place to live. grin

America's Best Small Cities

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been to 47 of the states and many foreign countries and for me good old MN is the finest place to live and raise a family.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Four cities were listed in my state and I would not want to live in any one of them. They have far too many people there with populations of 60,000 or so in one 'city'.

I live and want to live in a smaller town where there is some quiet and room.

I have nothing against Minnesota however, having been there, its way too cold most of the time.

Select a rifle hunting cartridge that is "Enough Gun" and not one designed to just wound the enemy!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
don't see how anything near the Twin cities could be considered "small"......to me its just one BIG friggin city ..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Minnesotta? A good friend of mine had some property up there once, beautiful farm house near Ely. Lovely place and I DO love that kind of weather, but like kalifornia, no way I could leave in a people's repubic that elects the likes of Wellstone, Franken and GOuld.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A similar list came out recently that had Ogden, Utah in (I think) #5 spot nationally - but I wouldn't expect that to show up in a report written in Minnesota.

(You won't see me leaving here. It's just fine.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, imagine a Minnesota paper listing 5 of the top 20 best small towns as being in Minnesota. Whod'a thunk it.....

I'd rather go by this list.
http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/181.html

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Money Magazine is a Minnesota paper?

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I lived a few miles of dirt road outside of a town of just over 600 was about as close to any town as I would choose. Unfortunately I now live in one of 5000 or so. Town sux!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

IC B3

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sutter County is Cool place to live and is a leader in diversity.

They have Almonds (Pronounced "Am -Unds"), Hay, AND Rice.

Wild Hogs in the foothills too.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 07/12/10.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by BMT
Sutter County is Cool place to live and is a leader in diversity.

They have Almonds (Pronounced "Am -Unds"), Hay, AND Rice.

Wild Hogs in the foothills too.

BMT

I love it here! Alot of outdoor stuff to do!

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree. The only downside being Sacramento.

Heck, I LOVED living in Davis in the 80's.

But JEEZ, the PC stuff gets old.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to live in northern PA and made up my mind then. If Walmart is closer than 45 minutes, im in the wrong spot. Unfortunately where I live now, I got probably 20 within that distance frown

Last edited by pahick; 07/12/10.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I grew up in Fort Collins, Colorado which was number one last year. I wouldn't move back to that side of the mountains for anything. I LIKE living in a western Slope town with no stoplights.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
On TV some of the "good" things were bike paths, micro breweries, and the like.

My list would have a good range, close (and uncrowded) fishing, hunting (choose your species), a decent gun/reloading shop, big enough to have a doctor (old age is creeping up), not a lot of yuppies, enough winter to keep the bugs small.

Some of the good places probably would not trip many triggers on here.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As several MN campfire residents have said that MN is a great place to live, and I'm not disputing that.........

With two very big exceptions......Governor Jesse Ventura and now Al Franken. What are you guys thinking up there????? smile

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/13/10.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't view Fort Collins as "small" or near "best," so I don't give much credence to the rankings. Bike paths and microbreweries don't do it for me, either. 25 years ago it would have been different, and more livable there.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Beargrease
Guess what? I live in one of the top 20. I have traveled on business extensively all over the world and learned first hand that the TC area was a great place to live. grin

It all depends on the parameters and even then, it's subjective...

The Twin Cities offer everything you may want/need.. For quantity/quality/variety of food/restaurants - it's excellent. Shopping? First class. Environment? Nothin' wrong there..

But add congestion? Crap.. Bad drivers? Crap.. Taxes? You can have it.. Liberals? Thick as thieves...

I'm very close to it and I'm trying to get far away from it.. Y'all can have the TC area...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I grew up an hour from the TC in WI. We used to call WI land of 10,000 Minnesotans because every weekend our town would double in size due to all of the border crossers. If MN is so great why do so many come over to WI for hunting and fishing?

In 2008 I went home to visit parents and all I saw were Obama bumper stickers in the TC.I left the area over 20 years ago to move out west. Got to be too liberal and too high on Taxes. Al Franken being elected pretty much says it all.

Used to be a great area to grow up and raise children. Too bad it is ruined.

On a positive note TEA party movement has gotten pretty strong in rural MN and WI. My childhood friend runs a local chapter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.