Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Looking for answers. My T/C shoots great but it is very, very finicky. It will eject any round that shoots but accepting any round is another story. It will not shoot cheap ammo (walmart bulk). It likes CCI mini mag 22LR 40 grain but that gets very expensive for my kids that like to shoot any and everything. Is there anything I can do to correct the issue? It wasn't like this when I first purchased it 9 yrs ago. Yes, I've cleaned it but not broken it down and cleaned it. Thanks for any info.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
GB1

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I simply LUST for one of those, LOL. That said, you mention it's 9yo? What about replacing the recoil spring/s? Maybe that's your ticket.

K
K
Mine was the same. Accuracy with CCI Mini-Mags is truely unbelievable. However, it would not feed them very well. I was about to send it back to TC so they could look it over. I called them and it was suggested that the action screws may be torqued down too tight. The front in particular. I loosened the front & rear action screws until the action would move in the stock, then torqued them down firm but not tight. It worked! No more feeding problems. I had completely disassembled the rifle for cleaning right out of the box and when I put it back together, I treated it like a bolt action and really cranked down on the action screws. Might be worth a try. Good luck!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If I'm not mistaken T/C had some problems with the early ones. I had one like that also. I never fiddled with mine, I sold it to finance a 10/22 build. I do like the Classic though - if you get one that works.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the info. I did purchase it in the first or second year of production, the serial number is very low if that's how they track production. I'll give the action screw a try. It's very frustrating having to tell my 9yr old he has a good rifle (if it would feed properly).

IC B2

There was a feed problem with the Classic's early production magazines. T/C was replacing these, the new magazine will have a slot on the right side that lets you see the first three rounds. If you have the older 'non-slotted" style you might try calling T/C service.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rgee
There was a feed problem with the Classic's early production magazines. T/C was replacing these, the new magazine will have a slot on the right side that lets you see the first three rounds. If you have the older 'non-slotted" style you might try calling T/C service.

Yup, that would be my thought as well. Old style versus new style. You might also ask this question over on rimfirecentral.com under the TC board or do a search for it there.

Last edited by shoot4fun; 07/18/10.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well I spoke with T/C today and they told me "if it functions fine with a certain ammo, stick with it." Since it has a lifetime warranty the problem can be fixed at a later date if the problem moves to the CCI ammo. There is a chance that if they fix they loading problem to accept any and all ammo it could possibly alter the accuracy. Since it dosen't have an ejection problem I will wait before sending it back to the factory. They also said it was a "1st yr production" because of the serial number being 103xx. The first year production started with 1001. My sons have shot up a few hundred rounds this week already so I had to restock today with only CCI. (walmarts out for now at my location). Thanks for everyones input.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I have one of these in the Benchmark style. Don't be afraid to take it apart, it is really simple compared to most. If it is 9 yrs old and you've never taken the bolt out to clean it and the receiver you probably are going to have ejection problems. Semi-autos foul the receiver area more than bolt or lever guns because the bolt is opening and the shell ejecting while there is still a lot of gunpowder residue in the breach area.

If you've lost the manual it can be found online here:
http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals/noncurrent/TC22_Classic_Manual.pdf

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Will do thanks for the info.
LANE

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,432
Posts18,507,560
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.