Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Same here Randy but with no snafus!! Just bought Karen a SLR with big assed zoom lenses for Africa and her biz and she loves it, save for the constant education and trial and error. And, I just got my 1.7x10x42 Swaro scope from them, as well.

They've been my go-to guys and I never won a frikken thing from the guys.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just bought one of the Minox 15x58's from them, and the deal went very smoothly, and the glass is pretty cool.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I wish he'd come back just so I could exact some soul soothing revenge on his ass.

Ya, you and me both... grin

You just might last two rounds this time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He kept saying he could "read sign" that Doug was a bad guy.

Same,same with Houndgirl. He was wrong there too. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
LongBob,

I have to mea culpa, I was skeptical of Doug and CameraLand as well when he first showed up.

WTF? says I call and we'll give you a price?????

what kinda BS is THAT?

I was wrong, since then I've bought a couple of cameras and a rangefinder and a few miscellaneous things from Doug and CL.

little snafu with the last order, but they lined it out and kept the communication open.

I'm a whole hearted supporter of CL, great service, especially to campfire members.

it was just a different way to do biz than what I was used to when they showed up, but they are outstanding!

There is a big difference between what he was doing and you being skeptical. He had an agenda and it was obvious. I asked him on the thread what his agenda was and why he was saying the stuff he was saying. He just took his position as being superior and his ability to "read sign."

There was plenty of evidence from firsthand experience by several long time posters at 24hour that was all good experience with Doug. Stick had zero firsthand experience, but taking pop shots at a legitimate man's business and way of feeding his family. There aren't too many things an online retailer can fall back on other than their reputation. Stick was taking shots at Doug's reputation without any reason to do so.

I appreciate you coming here and claiming the Mea Culpa which reinforces the respect that I have for you. Doug saying that you should give him a call and he will give you a price aligns with a lot of the restrictions that retailers have to deal with. Many manufacturers won't allow them to put ultra low prices in writing in order to keep prices higher. A weak form of price fixing. Doug was pushing the rules in order to get you the best price he could get away with.

It is ironic that I am beating Doug's drum and I haven't bought a single item from him. I tried. It wasn't because I found a better deal elsewhere. It was because he sent me a warranty replacement item for free because he had an extra one in his drawer. I will buy from him for my next purchase if he carries the item I want which I am sure he does.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by milespatton
He kept saying he could "read sign" that Doug was a bad guy.

Same,same with Houndgirl. He was wrong there too. miles

I was hoping someone else had seen the threads in question about Doug. I didn't see the ones on Houndgirl, but I had heard about them.

The bad thing about this whole deal is that Stick has a tremendous amount to offer if he could just keep his ego in check. He has forgotten more about hunting and shooting than I will ever know. Heck, I think he could out shoot me with both eyes closed and a blank in the chamber.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbob

I appreciate you coming here and claiming the Mea Culpa which reinforces the respect that I have for you. Doug saying that you should give him a call and he will give you a price aligns with a lot of the restrictions that retailers have to deal with. Many manufacturers won't allow them to put ultra low prices in writing in order to keep prices higher. A weak form of price fixing. Doug was pushing the rules in order to get you the best price he could get away with.

ive actually sorta ran into this when i worked at a furniture store.....some of the appliance manufacturers told you what you would sell some models for....couldnt sell them for less and if they found out you did they would quit selling them to you....Whirlpool was real bad for it with their front loading washers, atleast they were 9 years ago when i was selling them....

not the exact same thing as what Doug deals with but in the same territory.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
gone but not forgotten.....never ceases to amaze me the response that a mere mention of the dear departed will garner on this forum

I hear chuckling from the north

Yeah, he's laffin' 'cuz he knew all along that the 308 was better than the 7-08

Last edited by BMT; 07/25/10.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
gone but not forgotten.....never ceases to amaze me the response that a mere mention of the dear departed will garner on this forum

I hear chuckling from the north

Yeah, he's laffin' 'cuz he knew all along that the 308 was better than the 7-08

laugh
Yeah, thought so...

I imagine Larry is doing well, and probably getting a kick out of this thread.
I wish him the best.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Yeah, whatever dude, kissy kissy hug hug....if it'll let you sleep better tonight.

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/hulu/vi3546349593

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I may be dis-remembering this , but it seems to me that 'Stick's posts didn't get real caustic until the 'fire had been burning for a few years and all the different forums were added .In fairness , I'll add that there are literally thousands of us on here who never had a cross word with him and I ain't talking about a bunch of shrinking violets .

I think some just rubbed him the wrong way .

It also seems to me that there are still enough put-down artists on here to go around . At least Larry had the saving grace of being funny .

I've bought stuff from Doug and Rickbin and as long as I'm visiting this site I'll still go to them first .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Had an interesting two day runnin' thread with Big Stick/Busheler/Whirlwind on AR. I think he lasted three days. Posted something like three hundred and fifty posts in thirty something hours. Log on and every thread under any topic ended with one of his posts. He got banned Saturday after three hundered and fifty or so posts. Came back today with a new handle and made 75 or so posts before he got into it with the forum moderator and got banned again.
I wished him well in a pm before he left. If you see him, tell him I still have 39,500 pix he hasn't seen yet, and you can forward this to him..................

Whirlwind,

Well,
maybe if you'd called yourself Typhoon Timmie, or Hurricane Horatio, you could have stuck around longer than a whirlwind.

Well, Se la vie!

Shame you couldn't have stuck around a little longer, I still have at least 39,950 pix at least on this hard drive left.
Not to sound maudlin, but here are couple of parting shots in your honor. Not your style, but quien sabe!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7066.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7073.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7099.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7112.jpg[/img]

Last edited by geedubya; 07/25/10.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
a few more for a coda!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and last but not least........

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC02331.jpg[/img]

how sweet it is to be the last man standing!
Best
GWB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You and 'Stick ain't likely to ever flange up and make a union seein' as how your scopes don't have a gold ring on the front !grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are some fine rifles and trophies geedubya,but Larry can't abide any of it because you aren't rocking stainless Remingtons and Leupolds. (grin)

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
prolly about 30 of sixty have a pretty wide gold ring!
Best
GWB

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
geedubya,

He hangs out at www.asrealasitgets.net

You should go say hi to him. (damn, I need some beer for this)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Brian,
He was stroking the keys so fast trying to keep postin' new pix at me and talk [bleep] on thirty other threads at the same time, that he didn't hardly have time to make fun of my blue steel and wood, with just a little stainless thrown in for good measure.
best
GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This rifle would give Larry the vapors.

Brian.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Larry posts at warp speed now that he runs a Mac. But he still does all his typing with one finger...incredible.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1234, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.