-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not so much about birth, but about blood. The location may change but the blood runs true. Anybody whose ancestors served the Cause knows what I mean.

Didn't help much, my Great Grandfather immigrated here in the late 1800's - the "cause" was over.

By extension, it would also be impossible for me to be a Yankee, yes?

Last edited by Mako25; 07/30/10.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think the competition should go like this

Category 1. Ribs

Category 2. Brisket

Category 3. Beans

Category 4. Open to any side dishes.

Travis

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rugby, ND may be the geographical center of NA.
Belle Fourche, SD is the geographical center of the USA.
Someplace in KS is the geographical center of mainland US.

Does that help? Growing up land bound in South Dakota my whole life, I am not very good with seafood, or fish for that matter. But I am getting better.

But red meat is right up my alley....

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ok i would love to be in on something like this , i will add my .02 i think we should keep the location in one of these three states kansas, missouri, or nebraska , so far i like the kansas city suggestion best , keep us updated please .

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
oh and i think our categories should run something like this. 1, ribs and/or steak ,2 brisket and/or loins, 3 seafood ,4 beans and sides,5,open to type of casseroles, gumbo dishes, crock pot specials

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Find out when one of the units are returning from the Stan to Fort Riley and have it there, trust me, soldiers appreciate a good BBQ/Cook Off, especially if they get to sample. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
Hell, you boys from Texas wouldn't know which end of a Salmon to cook grin

They'd be eyein' the vent fer sure.....

You call it a vent if you want to... We know what ass is, don't matter what it's on smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lhonda,

All that looks great. You don't happen to have high cholesterol do you? grin

What is the 1st dish pictured?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by biglmbass
Lhonda,

All that looks great. You don't happen to have high cholesterol do you? grin

What is the 1st dish pictured?

Homemade wild boar gyoza, or potstickers, as some refer to them as. Filling is ground boar with garlic, finely chopped scallion and spice. Even the wrapping is home made. Boil 'em up until they float, then toss 'em in a pan with hot peanut oil until the wraps crisp up. Serve hot with a shoyu, rice vinegar and hot pepper oil sauce. Fine, fine groceries, they are. Lots of prep, but worth it.

Thanks for the food comments. One of my great pleasures in life is cooking and eating great vittles. When the main ingredient is something I've dragged home, all the better.

To the poster asking if that's my wife: sure is. And yes, she'd probably have my liver as an appetizer if she knew I'd posted it, though it's hardly playboy material. Just my wee wifie getting ready and trying to choose what to wear to head off to NYC to work. I was on the couch snapping pics (thus the dark, no-flash first pic). That last one had the flash going off, and so ended my little 'photo shoot'. wink

Not for nothing, but when's the last time you've been to the beach and seen ladies lounging in bikinis? 1956? blush eek cool JK. No offense intended.

Hey OP, the meals cook themselves, do they? OK, now I know I've got a live one. Where's that gaff?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think we need to cook something simple and indigenous to the entire country. I'm still thinking hotdogs, as there are thousands of ways to work around them and the main ingredient would probably be donated for the right cause. (You can cut a raw one up in little strips and serve it with mustard.) laugh laugh laugh

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I think we need to cook something simple and indigenous to the entire country. I'm still thinking hotdogs, as there are thousands of ways to work around them and the main ingredient would probably be donated for the right cause. (You can cut a raw one up in little strips and serve it with mustard.) laugh laugh laugh

Here's what'd be the basis of my seacoast hotdog entry.

[Linked Image]

And yes, some tourists actually PAY for this thing (with a wink to PT Barnum). Guy behind the counter said they sell lots of them. Pic taken in a little fried fish shack on the southern Maine coast. I got a heckuva' giggle looking at it. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I should get my BIL to sign up on the campfire. He won the Gonzales, LA jambalaya festival 3 times now.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I agree....best turtle sauce picante wins, or maybe best garballs.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I said a few days ago honda.... she's gonna shoot yer ass laugh

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nah, she's pretty easy. Wait a minute, that didn't come out quite right. OK, you're right, I'm a dead man walking...But I'm gonna' enjoy the hell out of life before she takes me out!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinYa musta missed my observations post l. grin I said forebearance, but easyGOING will work grin Put me in yer will for the shotguns grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nah, she's pretty easy.

Dude, that ain't right grin .

Aren't you the one who started an entire thread picking on your better half for saying things that came out "wrong"?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Um, guilty. I'm also the guy who took apart a 160lb bluefin tuna in her bathtub when she was away in Tokyo. And I've made certain she knows how to lock, load and shoot every arm in the joint. I also made sure she knows the combos and how to work the safes. Yep. I'm farking doomed, boys. If youse guys see my obit with 'an apparent self-inflicted gunshot suicide', make sure the truth gets out!

ET, you can have one of my scatterguns, sure. But then, I keep them in the safe, and, well, you're going to have to get the combo from my wife. If she ever does read this thread and you show up here, you're going to have a 'suicide' too!

wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinYa must have borrowed Les' target revolver grin

[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it may please the court, the Commonwealth would like to file a motion to submit the following photographic evidence. We believe said evidence will serve to provide proof as to motive...

[Linked Image]

smile

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

386 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 3,281 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,591
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.