Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck
April Glasspie was pretty much dispatched to tell Saddam he had carte blanche to invade as far as we were concerned.

I'd like to see proof of that. Curious like.

Look her up for yourself. (Incidentally, I typoed her name: it has only one S. Glaspie, not Glasspie. Sorry.) If you're looking for an even-handed treatment, you might start with the Wikipedia article on her. I'm not going to give you links, because you'll accuse me of cherrypicking.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Karnis
Originally Posted by Pete E
Well good for him...living in a defacto nacro-state with out of control drug cartels waging war against all an sudary must be *so* much nicer than living in Smalltown, USA.....

Edited to add he sounds like an American Lord Haw-Haw

Seriously: read some of his articles about it.

Most of what you know about Mexico--just of like most of what we know about anything else we learned about from the Old Media--is probably wrong.

You know jack chit about Mexico, keep on reading sport.

Maybe so: I've only been there once. On the other hand, I do read what folks living there--Fred and others--have to say, and one of my coworkers on the current project is a software developer from Mexico City, and my wife has been there a number of times. I'm not entirely uninformed. There's more to Mexico than you'll get from either side of the immigration issue.

Well aware of that. Guess where I was born and raised. Keep on reading that drivel, they don't have an agenda now do they? Amazing how "learned" ones know so much about things they have never experienced. You ever seen heads rolling down a street? You ever seen military or "federales" running roughshod through neighborhoods looking for guns? Ever had you car torn apart and left in that condition on a highway in the middle of nowhere? Didn't think so.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
April Glasspie was pretty much dispatched to tell Saddam he had carte blanche to invade as far as we were concerned.

you won't....it's moonbat legend bullshit.....Barak becomes Cindi Sheehan on full moon nights

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts,

We have no opinion
, means go ahead and kill some folks?
In diplo-speak mebby.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

you won't....it's moonbat legend bullshit.....Barak becomes Cindi Sheehan on full moon nights

That's a fact, Jack...there was no OK given to Damsad to hit Kuwait. Comparing Cindy with our little troll isn't fair though....Cindy isn't that F'd up.

All American

All the time
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Cindy Sheehan is not nearly so [bleep] up.
She's leastwise got a legitimate excuse...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Afghanistan is the perfect place for a government to wage a war.

It has no *real* government so there's nobody who can surrender,..even if they wanted to,..and there's no measurable criteria for success,...so there's no way the government can ever acknowledge that it's been either won,...or lost,...

,...consequently, it can go on indefinitely and the people who profit from it can make money indefinitely.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Well good for him...living in a defacto nacro-state with out of control drug cartels waging war against all an sudary must be *so* much nicer than living in Smalltown, USA.....

Edited to add he sounds like an American Lord Haw-Haw

Seriously: read some of his articles about it.

Most of what you know about Mexico--just of like most of what we know about anything else we learned about from the Old Media--is probably wrong.

You know jack chit about Mexico, keep on reading sport.

Maybe so: I've only been there once. On the other hand, I do read what folks living there--Fred and others--have to say, and one of my coworkers on the current project is a software developer from Mexico City, and my wife has been there a number of times. I'm not entirely uninformed. There's more to Mexico than you'll get from either side of the immigration issue.

"There's more to Mexico than you'll get from either side of the immigration issue."

Juarez 2010 death toll reaches 1,700
by Diana Washington Valdez / El Paso Times
Posted: 08/01/2010 11:16:39 AM MDT

Fifteen people were killed in the Ju�rez region on Saturday, bringing the year's total to date to 1,700.

This means an average of 242 people were murdered in the border city each month since January.

Mexican authorities reported 290 slayings in July, including 25 girls and women.

Diana Washington Valdez may be reached at dvaldezelpasotimes.com; 546-6140.

Yeah,....really, you're quite the "Pundit"......aren't you ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There's more to Mexico than you'll get from either side of the immigration issue.

Well aware of that.

Then what are we disagreeing about?

You ever seen heads rolling down a street? You ever seen military or "federales" running roughshod through neighborhoods looking for guns? Ever had you car torn apart and left in that condition on a highway in the middle of nowhere? Didn't think so.

Not in Jocotepec, Jalisco, no. Have you?

Not everywhere in the US is Harlem NY, and not everywhere in Mexico is Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not only is he very far from being any kind of liberal, he's a retired Marine.

No. He served one tour in the USMC in the late sixties according to his bio. A far cry from "a retired Marine" and all the experience that encompasses.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/biography.shtml

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Well if "all the experience that encompassess" interests you, maybe you'll like Smedley Butler. Hard to get more encompassing than that....

http://www.amazon.com/War-Racket-An...mp;ie=UTF8&qid=1280752530&sr=1-1

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pine_Tree
Well if "all the experience that encompassess" interests you, maybe you'll like Smedley Butler. Hard to get more encompassing than that....

+1

Beat me to it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pine_Tree

Quite familiar with him and while I respect his opinion and experience it was a different time and I do not believe that there are relevent gross parallels today.

Barak hates all governments of all sorts and thinks that he can exist as an island so his opinion on anything moving beyond his yard is suspect. He and Fred are ammusing in their niavity.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's funny as hell to me that all of you " know it alls " choose to dismiss Barack's comments about ANYTHING with some allusion to his anarchist views .

That's a tactic usually employed by the ultra-left liberal press .

Barack is right about a lot of stuff and so is Fred .

NOBODY is right about EVERYTHING .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Anyone that reads this:

GLASPIE: I think I understand this. I have lived here for years. I admire your extraordinary efforts to rebuild your country. I know you need funds. We understand that and our opinion is that you should have the opportunity to rebuild your country. But we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait.

I was in the American Embassy in Kuwait during the late 60's. The instruction we had during this period was that we should express no opinion on this issue and that the issue is not associated with America. James Baker has directed our official spokesmen to emphasize this instruction. We hope you can solve this problem using any suitable methods via Klibi or via President Mubarak. All that we hope is that these issues are solved quickly. With regard to all of this, can I ask you to see how the issue appears to us?

My assessment after 25 years' service in this area is that your objective must have strong backing from your Arab brothers. I now speak of oil But you, Mr. President, have fought through a horrific and painful war. Frankly, we can see only that you have deployed massive troops in the south. Normally that would not be any of our business. But when this happens in the context of what you said on your national day, then when we read the details in the two letters of the Foreign Minister, then when we see the Iraqi point of view that the measures taken by the U.A.E. and Kuwait is, in the final analysis, parallel to military aggression against Iraq, then it would be reasonable for me to be concerned. And for this reason, I received an instruction to ask you, in the spirit of friendship -- not in the spirit of confrontation -- regarding your intentions.

And comes up with "carte blanche to invade" is either intellectually dishonest, never bothered to question and investigate what some other intellectually dishonest individual claimed, or just plain suffers from reading comprehension issues.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Obama is a threat to national security.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm all for above board open government until such time as it jeopardizes the welfare of our armed forces. The judgment that these documents should be released to public and by extension the people we are fighting, without consideration of unintended consequences is ignorant. Simple argument really and I rather imagine those who put our troops at risk should be willing to face trial for treason, sedition, subversion or some such. They are guilty or not, let the jury decide.

We generally chose to not prosecute similar crap during Vietnam and as a result the war dragged on many extra years. A lot of GIs died as a result and millions of Vietnamese as well. War is not a theoretical board game without consequences.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If anyone is intrested, Julian Assange (WikiLeaks) was on Freedom Watch with the Judge last week.

http://freedomwatchonfox.com/2010/0...ustin-raimondo-lew-rockwell-more/101714/

His is the first interview on the show.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I'm all for above board open government until such time as it jeopardizes the welfare of our armed forces.

Obama jeopardizes the welfare of our armed forces.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I can put you in touch with a Syrian who disagrees with you.

Who? Bashar Assad? Your "Syrian friend" is either a friend of the regime or just really really ignorant of his own country. Fire up that google you love to use to attack your own country and have a look at what people besides your friend say about human rights and the rule of law in Syria.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.