Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
and visualizing a perverse "anarcho-state" named for your screen name....

hey, I invented "Barakistan"......don't be giving Barak credit for that

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barak

Why should the US send its military overseas because of a direct attack on the US? Wouldn't the military be better employed defending against that attack?

uh, yeah.....if this was, like 150 BC and they had to wade ashore here to harm us.

otherwise, no.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1.) I enjoy Fred from time to time, but he missed the boat on this one. Episodes such as Wikileaks and the Pentagon Papers for those of you old enough to remember Daniel Elsberg, are more destructive than construct.

2.) I enjoy reading Barak from time to time, and even find myself agreeing with him in spirit, occasionally. I could stand a world with more personal freedom and less Big Brother.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
At the very least, Barak is consistent.

I'll never understand how so many of you get on here and absolutely damn the government and everyone in it to hell but yet, give a free pass, nay, defend to the point of idiocy, government's chief arms of enforcement, law enforcement and the military. It would seem that if someone believes the government is corrupt, inefficient, violent, and stupid, he would believe that it is across the board. Instead, it seems as if most of you would rather give the government a free pass if it meant considering for a moment, that the power and authority of the military and law enforcement should be limited or questioned in the slightest.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe

I'll never understand how so many of you get on here and absolutely damn the government and everyone in it to hell but yet, give a free pass, nay, defend to the point of idiocy, government's chief arms of enforcement, law enforcement and the military. It would seem that if someone believes the government is corrupt, inefficient, violent, and stupid, he would believe that it is across the board. Instead, it seems as if most of you would rather give the government a free pass if it meant considering for a moment, that the power and authority of the military and law enforcement should be limited or questioned in the slightest.
Exactly! Odd, isn't it?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
1.) I enjoy Fred from time to time, but he missed the boat on this one. Episodes such as Wikileaks and the Pentagon Papers for those of you old enough to remember Daniel Elsberg, are more destructive than construct.

2.) I enjoy reading Barak from time to time, and even find myself agreeing with him in spirit, occasionally. I could stand a world with more personal freedom and less Big Brother.

Well! There is a sane one in this bunch after all. I was beginning to doubt it .

Barak is much easier to understand if you start from the point : " This guy is a damn sight smarter than anybody else on here " - like I have .

Being smart don't always make him right , but it means his reasons for believing as he does are worth more consideration than those of your average curdog .

But ----- I'd still rather have my distress call answered by a random bunch of you guys than a SWAT team . I expect Barak would , also .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Laffin...you start wherever you think best for you,curdog. At least you seem to have a little more self esteem than hawkie!! You certainly know your limitations better than he!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be Hawkeye ain't bumped up against his limitations as much as I have . He's a schoolteacher , you know .grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Exactly! Odd, isn't it?

We like guns? Of course, it helps not seeing boogie men everywhere and in case y'all haven't heard, Mexico and Syria doesn't have any!

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep. He's only once surprised me. His opinion on intellectual property rights. But that was another thread.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B3

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck

Yep. He's only once surprised me. His opinion on intellectual property rights. But that was another thread.

Aw, you guys are so nice to me!

You're right, it's another thread, but to sum up, the reasoning is that asserting that intellectual property rights exist implies eventually a right to control the ideas in somebody else's head; a consistent libertarian can't countenance that. (Yes, pro-IP folks will say such laws attempt only to control behaviors, not ideas, but that doesn't hold up under detailed analysis.)

Incidentally, it means that a consistent libertarian can't advocate laws against libel or slander either. Your reputation doesn't belong to you: it consists of thousands of individual opinions that each belong to the individuals who hold them. Thus, when somebody adjusts those opinions, he can't be said to have committed any offense against you.

(However, depending on circumstances, he may have committed fraud--against the folks whose opinions he adjusted, not against you--which is actionable.)

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Instead, it seems as if most of you would rather give the government a free pass if it meant considering for a moment, that the power and authority of the military and law enforcement should be limited or questioned in the slightest.

Horseshit....find one example. And no, defending the military against the proven lies and moonbat troofer theories of America haters doesn't count. Find one post where anybody suggested that the military and law enforcement shouldn't be questioned in the slightest. Dare you.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You-uns-is need to get behind Obammer own this war against them Africanstans. I seen a movie about how the English damn near got run out here while back and them Africanstans was rough as a cob,...hollerin' out ZOOLOO ZOOLOO, stompin they feet and a carryin' own. And they women didn't wear no brazeers either. In fact they didn't wear mucha nuthin. They'd do summa that ZOOLOO hollerin' too,..be jumpin' here and there,...big ole hooters just a floppin.

LMAO!

I got it! You sound like Will Smith in Men In Black....

Every now and then I feel a peculiar need to try and fit in.

I think my above post makes about as much sense as any of the those from the good "conservatives" on here who are jabbering in circles while trying to manufacture some reasonable justification for Obama's war.

It's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on this forum (and that's saying something),..but the same people who believe that Obama is a foreign born, Marxist, Muslim subversive,.support his war initiatives in the middle east!

Like I said,..the warmongering mentality is a sickness,...it's serious bent noodle shiit when it reaches the level witnessed on here.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I wouldn't turn Obama loose with a pellet gun,...much less the U.S. military.

The day that idiot got elected it was time to lock the military away from him and not tell him where the key was.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's y'all's mentality boiled down.

"Obama is a Muslim!"

"Obama must be allowed to wage war against the Muslims!"

I ain't sure,...but I suspect they make a pill for that kind of mental problem.

Y'all need to find it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Well! There is a sane one in this bunch after all. I was beginning to doubt it .

Barak is much easier to understand if you start from the point : " This guy is a damn sight smarter than anybody else on here " - like I have .

Being smart don't always make him right , but it means his reasons for believing as he does are worth more consideration than those of your average curdog .

But ----- I'd still rather have my distress call answered by a random bunch of you guys than a SWAT team . I expect Barak would , also .

Nice to be identified as sane for once. grin

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will also throw Barak a bone for thinking situations out. I'm not always on board with the conclusions, but the effort is recognized.When he is off the mark, he can be Barack!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by shreck

Aw, you guys are so nice to me!

You're right, it's another thread, but to sum up, the reasoning is that asserting that intellectual property rights exist implies eventually a right to control the ideas in somebody else's head; a consistent libertarian can't countenance that. (Yes, pro-IP folks will say such laws attempt only to control behaviors, not ideas, but that doesn't hold up under detailed analysis.)

Incidentally, it means that a consistent libertarian can't advocate laws against libel or slander either. Your reputation doesn't belong to you: it consists of thousands of individual opinions that each belong to the individuals who hold them. Thus, when somebody adjusts those opinions, he can't be said to have committed any offense against you.

(However, depending on circumstances, he may have committed fraud--against the folks whose opinions he adjusted, not against you--which is actionable.)
Interesting. Never thought of it that way.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Here's y'all's mentality boiled down.

"Obama is a Muslim!"

"Obama must be allowed to wage war against the Muslims!"

Never thought of it that way.

Hm.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I will also throw Barak a bone for thinking situations out. I'm not always on board with the conclusions, but the effort is recognized.

Thanks, although mostly it's not really me thinking them out: just reading stuff written by other people who were smart enough to think them out.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 31 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.