M
Has anyone done business with this guy?

MCA SPORTS/ACE BULLET CO
2800 West 33rd Road
Anchorage, Alaska (99517-2201)
907.248.4913 Phone & Fax
Ace A. Dube - Owner
email: lilredak.net

I can�t seem to get a call back or reply to email, so I don�t want to send them any money for fear that I would never get the merchandise.

I�d love to buy some of their products though. Anyone know if he is still in business?

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go to this site and ask your question, they might be able to help you.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/index.php

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I purchased some adapters from him last fall. It did take several calls but when we did talk every thing went well.
The adapters are not marked so if you order several calibers be carefull don't mix them.

M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks smile
Anybody else have good luck or bad?

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ace has been building those adaptors for a very long time... They are well made but demand coupled with non-aggressive marketing means he no longer makes tons of them... Seems more of a retirement hobby at this point.

They are worth whatever hoops you need to jump through.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a couple of the chamber adapters; 22LR in 22MRF (x8), 22MRF in 223, 22MRF in 22-250, and 22 Hornet in 22-250. I bought some chamber inserts about 30 years ago from the original owner, a guy by the name of Harry Owen, when he ran the business out of Hacienda Heights, CA.

The 22LR in 22MRF have worked very well for me in a variety of revolvers and Savage 24 combination guns.

www.mcace.com

Jeff

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Ace has been building those adaptors for a very long time... They are well made but demand coupled with non-aggressive marketing means he no longer makes tons of them... Seems more of a retirement hobby at this point.

They are worth whatever hoops you need to jump through.

+1 Ace Dubey was doing heavy hardcast bullets before they were huge. I was buying those heavy 328 grain 44 Mag Hardcasts to reload almost 30 years ago. He was into Adaptors before they were popular too. He is a visionary IMO. And does a quality product.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks guys. I did reach someone on the phone and FYI, they don't do phone orders so I'm sending a check tomorrow.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I used ACE bullets before I met him when I was an office manager at Denali Raft Adventures in 1989. I helped him build his house.
Ace is a true Alaskan and knows what end a bullet comes out of a rifle or a pistol.

My favorite Ace story happened when I was out at the rafting company. The rafting company was being split into two parts with one specializing in tougher Talkeetna River trips and the regular Nenana grind tourist route.

A photographer who was a friend of the animals/fruit-n-nutter had parka squirrel that he had trained to come up and eat food from his hand. However, he also let this squirrel eat people's supplies. It developed a hankering for Ace's blueberry pancake mix and was stealing as much as it could. Ace complained to the photographer and told him that he better get his squirrel under control or the rules of nature would be established. The photographer looked at him and laughed.

Well one morning Ace noticed his pancake mix was pilfered again. He didn't say anything. He sat down for breakfast and the squirrel came begging. Ace quietly pulled out his 44 and blew the squirrel to pieces right in the cook shack. He didn't even get up from his breakfast. He aimed right to the bullet entered a large railroad tie used as a support beam next to the door frame. He put the gun back in the holster and the rest of ate breakfast with a dulling ringing sound.

Ace is as good as they come.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
smile smile smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Y
Y
http://mcasportsace.com
is the new website for Ace Dube / MCA Sports and bullet co.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mssgn
Has anyone done business with this guy?

MCA SPORTS/ACE BULLET CO
2800 West 33rd Road
Anchorage, Alaska (99517-2201)
907.248.4913 Phone & Fax
Ace A. Dube - Owner
email: lilredak.net

I can�t seem to get a call back or reply to email, so I don�t want to send them any money for fear that I would never get the merchandise.

I�d love to buy some of their products though. Anyone know if he is still in business?

I talked to him yesterday

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 219 Wasp, 39 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,865
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.