Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What would he do if some kid started beating up his kid?

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Woodsmaster
I guess the same thing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably go to civil court and lawsuit with the subsequence tab paid by tax payers as usual in all police screwups.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I guess the same thing.

That's mainly what you do...guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no idea what happened there, I wasn't there and I'm not going to judge the cop or the dog owner.

I will say that even as a dog owner and dog lover, that perhaps dog owners would do a better job of controlling their dogs if there was a greater chance off their off leash out of control dogs would be taking a dirt nap when they attacked other dogs or other people.

Something to consider.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I have no idea what happened there, I wasn't there and I'm not going to judge the cop or the dog owner.

I will say that even as a dog owner and dog lover, that perhaps dog owners would do a better job of controlling their dogs if there was a greater chance off their off leash out of control dogs would be taking a dirt nap when they attacked other dogs or other people.

Something to consider.
You may not be familiar with the concept of dog parks, but they're enclosures where dog owners take their dogs so they can romp around loose with other dogs. The regulars usually do an excellent job of policing the place on their own in terms of making it clear to folks with poorly behaved dogs that they are not welcome back unless it's with a profession trainer who's come to address their dog's issues. The dog that was shot had an excellent reputation among the regulars. It would appear that the cop was a first time visitor.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by oulufinn
To be fair. It really is only SOME that are like that. The actual number is unknown, but it's likely few, though very likely more than most will admit.
Yes, to be fair, of course not all cops are like that. I shouldn't use universal language.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yep, dogs and kids. Same thing. Funny schit on here today.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Yep, dogs and kids. Same thing. Funny schit on here today.

Travis

care bout my dogs more than most ppl.....have watched my loves everybody german shorthair get damn protective of my wife when a stranger comes around....my dog will lay his life on the line for my wife and girls....most ppl wont.....

dogs, kids......may not be exactly the same....but ill take my dogs over most adults....

Last edited by rattler; 08/05/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
dogs, kids......may not be exactly the same....but ill take my dogs over most adults....

This.

Apparently it's okay for dogs to "play rough" at a dog park (whatever the [bleep] those are). I guess nobody will have a problem if I take my old man there and let him "play rough".

You'll all jump on the dude with the CCW that shoots him after he works his way through a few "playing", right?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dogs aren't people, and they sure as schit aren't kids. Equating the two is ridiculous. Yes I have dogs and can appreciate others' dogs as well. Dogs are friends, companions, all kinds of things, but it's childish to get your emotions all tied up in an animal.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've worked with dogs and established about as strong of an emotional bond as one can with a pup. Doesn't make them people.

And giving two schits about a guy with a CCW popping somebody's pooch, after not being there when it went down, is laughable.

"Dog park" Funny schit.

Travis

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
And giving two schits about a guy with a CCW popping somebody's pooch, after not being there when it went down, is laughable.

Agreed, but if everybody is setting up to lynch the cop they need to be prepared to do the same when Joe Citizen does the same.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NH K9

Agreed, but if everybody is setting up to lynch the cop they need to be prepared to do the same when Joe Citizen does the same.

George

I'm in 100% agreement.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rattler
care bout my dogs more than most ppl.....have watched my loves everybody german shorthair get damn protective of my wife when a stranger comes around....my dog will lay his life on the line for my wife and girls....most ppl wont.....

Same here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The article is written with a slant towards the dog owner. Nothing like unbiased reporting right? I doubt the "victim's" owner is in a position to rationally speak about the incident as evidenced by the quotes in the article. And as we've seen here already people get pretty retarded pretty quick over pets.

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

George
Well, the thing is that Joe Citizen doing exactly the same as this cop would have been cuffed, stuffed, and charged with something quite serious. Why the double standard?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

George
Well, the thing is that Joe Citizen doing exactly the same as this cop would have been cuffed, stuffed, and charged with something quite serious. Why the double standard?

Not true. In fact, the last time I had a similar issue (no dog park involved as we don't have them) I praised the shooter and issued the deceased dog's owner a summons.

George

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Something to consider.
You may not be familiar with the concept of dog parks, but they're enclosures where dog owners take their dogs so they can romp around loose with other dogs. The regulars usually do an excellent job of policing the place on their own in terms of making it clear to folks with poorly behaved dogs that they are not welcome back unless it's with a profession trainer who's come to address their dog's issues. The dog that was shot had an excellent reputation among the regulars. It would appear that the cop was a first time visitor.

As a sign that Anchorage is going to the birds, or liberals, I'm familiar with dog parks.

I don't care what the regulars do, or how their dogs typically behave. A dog that attacks another dog, or a person should be put down, whether in a dog park, or not. Pretty damn simple concept. Kinda similar to the nice boy that rapes somebodies daughter. Doesn't matter what a nice boy he is, wrong is wrong.

But alot of people have completely skewed views on the relationship between man(human beings) and animals.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

George

Not true. In fact, the last time I had a similar issue (no dog park involved as we don't have them) I praised the shooter and issued the deceased dog's owner a summons.

George
For playing rough in a dog park?? I call serious BS.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.