Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Paul/Travis....I like your style,gents!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That makes one guy on this earth... grin

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Yeah, cause that's what I've been saying dude.

I need to get some of these cop friends that never suffer consequences. I don't like my neighbors dog and I have an ex that is a real pain in the azz. Maybe a "boy in blue" can fix these problems for me with no regard to the law? [bleep]' hilarious!

This thread just keeps getting better.

Travis
Don't pretend the double standard is not common knowledge. We all know you're too smart for that.

I'm reminded of the time my brother was severely mauled by the German Shepherd down the street. He was fourteen at the time, and the same dog took a chunk out of me when I was eight a couple years earlier. My dad's a doctor, and my bite wounds were capable of treatment without a hospital visit, but my brother was in the hospital for a week. When the cop arrived after the attack and saw my brother's wounds, and the agony he was in, my dad said he wanted to go over there and shoot that dog. Cop told him he'd be in huge legal do do if he did, but offered to go there and do it himself. He said all he had to do was say it was in self-defense and no one would question it. We all know the double standard.

PS My dad turned him down on his offer to shoot the dog. He handled it through the courts and the dog was put down on order.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It sounds like "Bear-Bear" needed killin to me. Only a idiot would bring a dog that is physically capable of inflicting serious injury to a human or another animal to any populated area, off leash. There is no excuse.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
So says you....some 39 years later!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yeah, cause that's what I've been saying dude.

I need to get some of these cop friends that never suffer consequences. I don't like my neighbors dog and I have an ex that is a real pain in the azz. Maybe a "boy in blue" can fix these problems for me with no regard to the law? [bleep]' hilarious!

This thread just keeps getting better.

Travis
Don't pretend the double standard is not common knowledge. We all know you're too smart for that.

I'm reminded of the time my brother was severely mauled by the German Shepherd down the street. He was fourteen at the time, and the same dog took a chunk out of me when I was eight a couple years earlier. My dad's a doctor, and my bite wounds were capable of treatment without a hospital visit, but my brother was in the hospital for a week. When the cop arrived after the attack and saw my brother's wounds, and the agony he was in, my dad said he wanted to go over there and shoot that dog. Cop told him he'd be in huge legal do do if he did, but offered to go there and do it himself. He said all he had to do was say it was in self-defense and no one would question it. We all know the double standard.

PS My dad turned him down on his offer to shoot the dog. He handled it through the courts and the dog was put down on order.

That's a great story but it's relevance escapes me.

This "double standard" may exist. In some departments more than others.

But for people to think this guy shot a dog, in a park. And the responding officer walked up and thought "Oh, it's just Johnston... Nothing to see here folks!" Is just utterly ridiculous.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
But for people to think this guy shot a dog, in a park. And the responding officer walked up and thought "Oh, it's just Johnston... Nothing to see here folks!" Is just utterly ridiculous.

Travis
I have to believe you know better. You know that if he hadn't been a cop, an arrest would have been made on the spot, followed by nearly automatic charges being pressed. His being a cop meant that didn't happen. Instead, a whitewash process went immediately into action in the hope it would blow over. Only when the community became enraged at the whitewash effort did a "Potemkin Village" investigation proceed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of course, the officer wasn't smart either. What did he expect to happen in a place where those kind of people hang out? I mean really, who goes to "Dog parks"? Really?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sorry, cop, regular citizen, or whomever is a complete DUMBASS if he goes to a dog park and where it is known that there will be dogs running loose and shoots another dog when it appears to get into a tussle with his dog.

Sorry, but only a DUMBASS discharges his firearm in a park with kids and buildings and all kinds of other things around to save A DAMN DOG.

I guess I just don't understand this country anymore. The cop was a DUMBASS. People who treat their dogs like people are DUMBASSES. And the worst combination imaginable is a DUMBASS COP who loves his dog enough to shoot another dog in a public area with kids around and gets away with it because of his badge.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Nobody knows what was happening to this guy's dog when he decided to shoot.

If he was, he was wrong. If he was right, he was right. It will be sorted out later and nobody here has a clue what occurred. And that includes me...

Travis [/quote]

That is as good of a way to leave this topic as I can think of. I base my thoughts on the article given. If facts come around that are different, and they very well could, my opinion might vary. None of us really know what happened and the press is seldom decent enough to post an unbiased article.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis
I have to believe you know better. You know that if he hadn't been a cop, an arrest would have been made on the spot, followed by nearly automatic charges being pressed. His being a cop meant that didn't happen. Instead, a whitewash process went immediately into action in the hope it would blow over. Only when the community became enraged at the whitewash effort did a "Potemkin Village" investigation proceed.

If that's how things are handled in your part of the world, I would either do some serious campaigning or move.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Travis

If that's how things are handled in your part of the world, I would either do some serious campaigning or move.

Travis
I call BS.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oakster

Nobody knows what was happening to this guy's dog when he decided to shoot.

If he was, he was wrong. If he was right, he was right. It will be sorted out later and nobody here has a clue what occurred. And that includes me...

Travis

That is as good of a way to leave this topic as I can think of. I base my thoughts on the article given. If facts come around that are different, and they very well could, my opinion might vary. None of us really know what happened and the press is seldom decent enough to post an unbiased article. [/quote]

Yep. Off to better things fellas. Have a good morning.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

Travis
I call BS.

Check and thanks.

Have a good morning.

Travis

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, I must be one of the "bad cops" then, because I have shot and killed dogs both on duty and off. It was usually in a small town, but it was usually a big dog. I never kept track of how many, but after 30 years in law enforcement, it would likely be over a hundred. I have shot them for a variety of reasons, most of which were for either public or personal safety.

My department paid for one, though I don't know why. It was in the mid seventies, and I was walking up a path to a house to make an arrest for a case of spousal assault, and the owner of the attack-trained Doberman Pinscer "sicked his dog" on me. I had enough time to yell at him to call his dog off, he didn't. I shot the dog twice in the chest from about 10 feet and 3 feet. He was running full out at me snarling. I was justified. The shooting was in town, but was done safely and with a mind to a good backstop. I shot another one on a drug warrant for the same reason. The department didn't replace him.

I lived in a small community that was mostly ethnics who would get a dog, never restrain it, allow it to breed at will with the rest of the dogs in town, and then not feed or care for them. They ran in packs, and during the spring and fall, when the thoughts of every dog turned to sex, would hang around outside the public school where all the kiddies were. We used to post notices around the town that any dog found wandering at large and not under control after a certain time and date would be deemed to be running at large, and subject to summary execution. We had too many little kids badly injured by dog packs to do nothing, and a safe shooting by a trained officer was better than Beavis blasting away in anger towards his neighbour's house.

I am a dog lover. I have owned Shepherds, Labs, Chihuahuas, Retrievers, Spaniels, and now a Jack Russell Terrorist. I know dogs! I don't trust dogs -- ANY dogs, not even my own dogs under certain situations, and my dogs are TRAINED and generally well behaved. Dogs lack the ability to reason, that most humans have -- other than liberals, of course. wink

Y'all have a constitution that says you have been endued with certain inalienable rights by your creator. One of them is the right to keep and bear arms. Wish we had something on paper like that. I DO have the Bible. God gave mankind the "dominion" over all the beasts of the earth. He said also that a righteous man regards the life of his beast. I'm not saying that we should be mean to them. I spend HOURS training mine -- others apparently don't. But if one of mine went rogue, and started getting aggressive towards other humans or animals, I'd be the one to off him, and never even think twice about it. Your dog is your . . . . wait a second, I'm about to use a big word now that some have a hard time with . . . . .

----- R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y -----

In other words, you are responsible for the dumb beast. If you won't be responsible, and make me take your responsibility, you bear the accountability --- two big words in a row --- for what you make me do.

So, I am a b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d guy, because:

1.) I spent 30 years as a police officer.
2.) I have killed lots of dogs - both in uniform and out.
3.) I vote conservative.
4.) I allow no one -- NO ONE to hurt the people that I have sworn to serve and protect -- starting with my family, and spreading out from there.

See y'all later. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I mean really, who goes to "Dog parks"? Really?
If you get a chance, you should check one out on a Saturday afternoon. If you're a dog lover, they can be a blast for both you and them. Typically, it will look just like the vid I provided a page or so back. Real fights are rare, and when they do occasionally happen (miracle of miracles) they are handled without guns being drawn ... that is unless (for whatever reason) one of the owners feels he's insulated from ordinary legal consequences. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He thinks that, if a citizen gets the raw end of the deal in Florida, the cop should get the same treatment in Maryland. He would prefer two wrongs for the sake of consistency than two rights or one right and one wrong.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/06/10. Reason: grammar and typos

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

He thinks that, if a citizen gets the raw end of the deal in Florida, the cop should get the same treatment in Maryland. He would prefer two wrongs for the sake of consistency than two rights or one right and one wrong.
To the contrary, had the guy in Florida been a cop and served jail time for shooting those two Chows under those circumstances I'd be just as pissed off as I was his being a non-cop. Makes no difference. My problem is with the double standard.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Originally Posted by RWE
tragic.

I wonder what the officer's report has to say, as opposed to the report of the dog's owner.

Uh...would it really matter? Does not an intelligent person who DOESN'T think he has carte blanche to do as it likes, come to a dog park with certain expectations of possible trouble with interaction between dogs? Wouldn't a reasonable person expect that a German Shephard and a Husky might engage in rough play or even a fight? And wouldn't a reasonable person therefore, avoid the park altogether if he was so concerned about it or perhaps, resolve to "assume the risk" when he takes his dog into said park?

Wouldn't a reasonable person expect others to be in control of their possessions, dogs included? Wouldn't a reasonable person defend his own (regardless if he was a cop)?

Depending on your sliding scale of risk assumption, a reasonable person shouldn't even step outside his house.

Maybe some reasonable people shouldn't post because they may show their idiocy? But if they were reasonable, they wouldn't sound like an idiot to start with....

Your offensive tone is obvious Joe. All I wanted to know was the officers side, or an uninvolved bystanders view, and not the dog owner.

sheesh

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hawkeye let me tell you about the double standard.

A guy I knew was a cop 29 years. He was was driving drunk and involved in a crash where the other driver was killed. The driver of that vehicle was also drunk. The cop done five years and had to do the full five years.

My neighbor hit and killed three women on there way to church on a saturday afernoon. He was drunk. Done 2.5 years for killing all three women.

College kid hit killed a preacher on his way to church. College kid was drunk. He done 120 day shock time in the county jail with 5 year probation.

All the above people had never been in any trouble prior to be involved in the drunk driving crash. All were/are guility of the very same charge.

I see a double standard.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.