C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Originally Posted by RWE
tragic.

I wonder what the officer's report has to say, as opposed to the report of the dog's owner.

Uh...would it really matter? Does not an intelligent person who DOESN'T think he has carte blanche to do as it likes, come to a dog park with certain expectations of possible trouble with interaction between dogs? Wouldn't a reasonable person expect that a German Shephard and a Husky might engage in rough play or even a fight? And wouldn't a reasonable person therefore, avoid the park altogether if he was so concerned about it or perhaps, resolve to "assume the risk" when he takes his dog into said park?

Wouldn't a reasonable person expect others to be in control of their possessions, dogs included? Wouldn't a reasonable person defend his own (regardless if he was a cop)?

Depending on your sliding scale of risk assumption, a reasonable person shouldn't even step outside his house.

Maybe some reasonable people shouldn't post because they may show their idiocy? But if they were reasonable, they wouldn't sound like an idiot to start with....

Your offensive tone is obvious Joe. All I wanted to know was the officers side, or an uninvolved bystanders view, and not the dog owner.

sheesh

The cop was an obvious DUMBASS. Now, that condition may have preceded him becoming a cop, but he was a DUMBASS.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave
But for people to think this guy shot a dog, in a park. And the responding officer walked up and thought "Oh, it's just Johnston... Nothing to see here folks!" Is just utterly ridiculous.

Travis
I have to believe you know better. You know that if he hadn't been a cop, an arrest would have been made on the spot, followed by nearly automatic charges being pressed. His being a cop meant that didn't happen. Instead, a whitewash process went immediately into action in the hope it would blow over. Only when the community became enraged at the whitewash effort did a "Potemkin Village" investigation proceed.

If that's how things are handled in your part of the world, I would either do some serious campaigning or move.

Travis

I've suggested that several times as well. Funny, several on this thread have experience with Joe Citizen shooting a "rough housing" dog with no issues but that means nothing.

It's also amusing to me that none discuss the part of the "double standard" where the arrested LEO has no access to the same plea deals as Joe Citizen.

Now I remember why I started staying away from these threads. Those with an agenda aren't worthy of my time or energy.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was he there for the hot PETA chicks, or the homos? Until that question is answered I can't pass judgement.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
I've suggested that several times as well. Funny, several on this thread have experience with Joe Citizen shooting a "rough housing" dog with no issues but that means nothing.

It's also amusing to me that none discuss the part of the "double standard" where the arrested LEO has no access to the same plea deals as Joe Citizen.

Now I remember why I started staying away from these threads. Those with an agenda aren't worthy of my time or energy.

George
The reason dog owners go to dog parks is to give their dogs a chance to roughhouse with other dogs. Otherwise, why go? That's how dogs have fun with each other. If you're quotes around "roughhousing" are meant to suggest that this wasn't a case of roughhousing, then please post the images of the bite punctures on the German Shepherd. Not that that would constitute an excuse for discharging a firearm, let alone shooting the dog, but it would at least be an extenuating circumstance mitigating legal consequences. Real fights break out at dog parks from time to time. Most normal people manage to handle them without guns being drawn, let alone discharged into a dog.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The reason dog owners go to dog parks is to give their dogs a chance to roughhouse with other dogs. Otherwise, why go?
==============

Because you might meet other male,spandex wearing dog park lovers wanting to watch some doggie-roughhousing,I guess.

That cop firing his gun sure must have rustled some bushes.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Joe Citizen shoots dog at dog park, and does not get charged:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93031524.html (amazing that the owner says "they was only playing rough"...)

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Must be that double standard at work in Washington state, too... as Joe Civilian didn't get charged or lose his CCW.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you ever notice that the owners of bad dogs sound exactly like the parents of criminals?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Come on, Pat, you know it isn't their fault.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Correlations there, and the sign ain't hard to read.

Well, where's Chris about the non-LEO incident? It would appear that one was investigated and no charges filed. Does not the officer deserve the same benefit of an investigation?

Oh, wait.... there's that damned double standard again, right?

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Real fights break out at dog parks from time to time. Most normal people manage to handle them without guns being drawn, let alone discharged into a dog.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess (see how I preface that and don't generalize) that you've never witnessed what a "real" dog-fight looks like when two alphas are involved.

I have had to break up a few and got, literally, torn to schit doing so. Experience....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I mean really, who goes to "Dog parks"? Really?
If you get a chance, you should check one out on a Saturday afternoon. If you're a dog lover, they can be a blast for both you and them. Typically, it will look just like the vid I provided a page or so back. Real fights are rare, and when they do occasionally happen (miracle of miracles) they are handled without guns being drawn ... that is unless (for whatever reason) one of the owners feels he's insulated from ordinary legal consequences. wink

Dog parks are a lot of fun...I've been to them hundreds of times and have never seen a Dog fight. Dogs behave well when off leash.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Dogs behave well when off leash.

Dogs behave well when off leash once pack order is established. Generally that is accomplished without a lot of fanfare because most people who have the type of dogs that will cause problems don't ever put them into that position.

One dumbazz, though...

George

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Correlations there, and the sign ain't hard to read.

Well, where's Chris about the non-LEO incident? It would appear that one was investigated and no charges filed. Does not the officer deserve the same benefit of an investigation?

Oh, wait.... there's that damned double standard again, right?

Same with Joe.

He hear's cop involved and instantly his clitoris gets a chubby.

Likewise, he'll accuse the rest of being apologists - thus achieving nippy hard on.

Same ole same ole.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have you been to a dog park George?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Real fights break out at dog parks from time to time. Most normal people manage to handle them without guns being drawn, let alone discharged into a dog.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess (see how I preface that and don't generalize) that you've never witnessed what a "real" dog-fight looks like when two alphas are involved.

I have had to break up a few and got, literally, torn to schit doing so. Experience....

George
You'd be wrong. My dog has been attacked by hard core alphas on several occasions at dog parks. Unfortunately, Pitbulls tend to attract attacks by hard core alphas because they don't have it in them to 1) be the least intimidated by them, or 2) give the "proper" attack-preventing submissive signals in response. I believe he was attacked seven time, twice by the same dog, in all the years I brought him to dog parks. Only once did I receive an injury in the effort to break them up. My dog was easy to handle. I simply told him to stop and he did. When there was a problem breaking them up (only twice), it was always a problem in getting the other dog to release his hold on mine. In those cases, my dog would stop fighting on command and patiently wait for me to remove the other dog from his face or neck. One time, in my efforts to remove a Boxer from his face, the Boxer bit my hand and punctured my skin. He also bit the hand of his own handler who, after first punching his dog in the face for refusal to release on command, he attempted, as I had, to pry his dog's mouth off. Between the two of us, we finally managed to unlatch the Boxer's grip. He gave me the number of his vet so I could call and confirm that his dog was up on his rabies shots, and that was that. I was armed at the time with a Kahr P9 in an IWB but, for some strange reason, drawing it and killing the Boxer never even occurred to me. Perhaps because I realized going in that I was assuming the risk of a dog fight.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

George
You'd be wrong. My dog has been attacked by hard core alphas on several occasions at dog parks. Unfortunately, Pitbulls tend to attract attacks by hard core alphas because they don't have it in them to 1) be the least intimidated by them, or 2) give the "proper" attack-preventing submissive signals in response. I believe he was attacked seven time, twice by the same dog, in all the years I brought him to dog parks. Only once did I receive an injury in the effort to break them up. My dog was easy to handle. I simply told him to stop and he did. When there was a problem breaking them up (only twice), it was always a problem in getting the other dog to release his hold on my dog. In those cases, my dog would stop fighting on command and patiently wait for me to remove the other dog from his face or neck. One time, in my efforts to remove a Boxer from his face, the Boxer bit my hand and punctured my skin. He also bit the hand of his own handler who, after first punching his dog in the face for refusal to release on command, he attempted, as I had, to pry his dog's mouth off. He gave me the number of his vet so I could call and confirm that his dog was up on his rabies shots, and that was that. I was armed at the time with a Kahr P9 in an IWB but, for some strange reason, drawing it and killing the Boxer never even occurred to me.

Saved for posterity

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And, yet again, Chris refuses to acknowledge the "double standard" case, as referenced in the other article.

But, we do have a wonderful love note story about his "wonder pit" and how perfect it is...

Pictures coming clear now, as to TRH's affinity for dog parks, distrust of law enforcement, lifestyle choices, etc., and it's FAR from pretty....

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
RWE I knew better than to read you post while I was eating lunch....damn near choked to death.....

George I have a serious question for you. What happens if you get a k9 that will fight with other dogs? Do these wash out before they make it to the street or do you just deal with it?

Dink

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 45 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.