-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You had to be there Hawk, kinda a private joke from the TN get together.

BTW, so do I and have been most of my adult life.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave
Oh yeah, I forgot you have VA on ignore.

Here is his link: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93031524.html

Travis
laugh Being that I have him on ignore, what would be my motivation to follow said link?

Likely none, since it blows a hole in your BS position, right at the waterline.

Of course, you already knew that, Chris....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
so do I and have been most of my adult life.
I know it. Only sensible way to carry a 1911.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by T LEE
You had to be there Hawk, kinda a private joke from the TN get together.

BTW, so do I and have been most of my adult life.

Yep, yep, and yep.

Of course, that'd require Chris actually meet with someone from the 'fire; which he has avoided doing thus far, even though offers and proximity would make such an easy problem to remedy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
TRH/Chris is still carrying that hurt and grudge from the several law enforcement agencies that rejected him, thus preventing him from playing "cop", though I suspect the "god" part he still tries to play with adolescents under his "tutelage".

You have to wonder what an unmarried, un-attached, middle aged male teacher with supposedly the degrees to do a multitude of other things is trying to hide by constantly casting stones at a profession that snubbed him... And the one that would coincidentally investigate criminal activity...

Cops occassionally screw up, and or are just bad or wrong. However, it makes it difficult to not view any story about such posted by TRH with some skepticism. A lot of it, in fact.

Last edited by .280Rem; 08/06/10.

War Damn Eagle!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by .280Rem
TRH/Chris is still carrying that hurt and grudge from the several law enforcement agencies that rejected him, thus preventing him from playing "cop", though I suspect the "god" part he still tries to play with adolescents under his "tutelage".

You have to wonder what an unmarried, un-attached, middle aged male teacher with supposedly the degrees to do a multitude of other things is trying to hide by constantly casting stones at a profession that snubbed him... And the one that would coincidentally investigate criminal activity...

Cops occassionally screw up, and or are just bad or wrong. However, it makes it difficult to not view any story about such posted by TRH with some skepticism. A lot of it, in fact.
laugh If you're a credulous enough sort to believe one-tenth of anything that Nimrod has to say (apt name, by the way), then I guess that perspective is 100% understandable, and you ought not be held to blame for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

laugh If you're a credulous enough sort to believe one-tenth of anything that Nimrod has to say (apt name, by the way), then I guess that perspective is 100% understandable and you ought not be held to blame for it.

All I know is you clearly have a hard on for cops in general. Just sayin'.

War Damn Eagle!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I'll take my chances with .280 calling BS on me when necessary, as he and I have been a mile or two.

Nice attempted dodge (well, not really), Chris....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Almost too ridiculous for a response. I have no problem with cops serving in their appropriate role in society.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My problem is with the double standard.

Your choice of thread topics and war stories belies this. You only care about the double standard if the police officer ends up getting better treatment than the non-police. You are a psychologist, so you obviously realize this.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
No, you have no problem with cops serving in their appropriate role in society as you define it.

The fact is that the people of NH most likely don't care how you want the police to function. The folks in my AO most likely don't care how the police in Keene, NH function. Local policing is a local issue as long as it's done in an ethical/legal manner.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Your choice of thread topics and war stories belies this. You only care about the double standard if the police officer ends up getting better treatment than the non-police. You are a psychologist, so you obviously realize this.

He's also damned near perfect living proof that the only reason most people go into psychology is because they are too [bleep] up with their own problems to fix them, so they have to concentrate on someone else's.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Almost too ridiculous for a response. I have no problem with cops serving in their appropriate role in society.

You really have to wonder, wtf he defines THAT as....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

The role of the police officer in society is, by nature, a great potential threat to liberty. I know that partly because I understand human psychology within the context of arbitrary power in combination with muted responsibility for personal conduct.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I won't even touch that one.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

The role of the police officer in society is, by nature, a great potential threat to liberty. I know that partly because I understand human psychology within the context of arbitrary power in combination with muted responsibility for personal conduct.

In other words, he hasn't a clue, and stepped on his dik, again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know that partly because I understand human psychology within the context of arbitrary power in combination with muted responsibility for personal conduct.

Arbitrary power in combination with muted responsbility? That's downright funny right there.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joe Citizen shoots dog at dog park, and does not get charged:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93031524.html (amazing that the owner says "they was only playing rough"...)

hmmm, imagine that

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am flattered, thanks. I'm glad to hear George doesn't do dog parks too. I was about to start stocking up on Zima for the December hunt.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
MONROE, Wash. - Violence at a Monroe dog park this week has kicked emotions into high gear for two dog owners who both tell different versions of what happened.

One owner, Cassie Dee, is livid that someone shot her beloved bulldog, Bella, in the neck while it wrestled with another dog.

"I just feel - I just feel angry," she says.

She says Bella was shot in the neck at a place where she was supposed to be having fun - a Monroe dog park.

"It was used with deadly force - it was meant to kill my dog," she says.

The incident all started Tuesday afternoon when Bella and her pup, Lee-Lu, started wrestling with Deever, a golden retriever, at Wiggly Field.

Cassie Dee says Deever's owner, David Rasmussen, overreacted.

"Frantically, he said, 'Leave the park, and I am going to shoot your dog,'" she says.

Dee says Rasmussen tried to separate the dogs, yelling, hitting Bella with his gun, and then shooting her.

But Dee says Rasmussen's retriever was never in danger.

"They were scrapping - that was it. With two adults there to take care of it," she says.

But there are two sides to every story.

Rasmussen says the bulldog grabbed on to Deever's throat and wouldn't let go. He says he pistol-whipped Bella trying to get her off of Deever and says the gun accidentally went off.

"That's what it took to to get him off my dog," Rasmussen says.

He denies telling Dee to leave the park and that he would shoot her dog.

"No, no. What I said to her was, 'Get him off. Get him off my dog,'" he says.

Deever was also injured during the fracas.

Now police are investigating and say the shooting was an accident. Rasmussen has a concealed weapons permit.

"It appears that (Rasmussen) was attempting to break up a fight and believed the bulldog would kill his dog," says Debbie Willis of the Monroe police.

Officers will wrap up their investigation and forward the case on to the Snohomish County Prosecutor's Office.

As for Bella, she'll be released from the veterinarian and go home by Thursday night.

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,059
Posts18,521,394
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.