Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by NH K9
Here in the states that isn't the case which makes a police officer a privileged citizen whether they like to admit it or not.

Yeah, privileged:
- No access to the same plea deals that Joe Citizen has available to him.
- You lose your job if convicted of a DWI or Reckless Op.
- Have a shooting under investigation for much longer than Joe Citizen because the AG's Office would love nothing better than to make his/her career off the back of a cop.
Yeah, great privileges.

Yes we can carry nation wide but I support the same for Joe Citizen. It's too bad we as a firearm/shooting community can't get our schit together enough to ram it through. Too much "us vs. them" I guess wink /

George

Not only all the above but we also lose our POST certification forever over a DWI. ...hmmm that damn double standard.

Dink

No double standard police should lose their certification they are the enforcers of DUI laws. They should be held to a higher standard. Ever read George Patton? You never would have made it under his leadership. Patton made all his officers live up to higher standards than enlisted personal. Heck, Patton had been dead a long time when I joined 3rd Army and 3rd Army still lived up to higher standards than other Armies because we were Patton's men.

Stop whining accept the fact you are a role model, man up to the higher standard if you can.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD the point if Dink's post is Cops DO LOSE their cert for DUI, it is a job breaker unlike for a say plumber or factory worker.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Originally Posted by derby_dude
Maybe things have changed but my Dad was a cop and an alcoholic and I watched him skate many times because he was a member of the blue brotherhood when he should have been arrested for DUI.

May have had something to do with your dad being a cop, but may also have had something to do with the fact DUI's/DWI's were simply not prosecuted as aggressively as they are now. I personally know a few teenagers who were pulled over for various reasons 20 to 25 years and were flat out blitzed, but were given a "get home safe" lecture and sent on their way. Ain't happening in today's world, citizen, cop, illegal, or otherwise.

Actually, the state we were cops in had at that time CRASH units. I've forgotten what the acronym stands for now but basically it was DUI road blocks. At each CRUSH unit an assistance AG was on hand to make sure all arrest were done properly except when cops were stopped at CRASH road block they got a free pass.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, I'm sure they did.... crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
DD the point if Dink's post is Cops DO LOSE their cert for DUI, it is a job breaker unlike for a say plumber or factory worker.

And they should. Here in Montana we have 3 strikes and your out on DUI. Your 3rd conviction to the slammer you go. Personally, if it was up to me the 1st conviction would be a mandatory 25 years with no possibility of parole. Your 2nd conviction would life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

I lived with an alcholic so I'll admit to being a hard azz and I do drink but never drink and drive.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Derby I forgot what did you do for a living can you tell me again?

I have not drank in 12 years so the drinking and driving thing I don't worry about.

My number one thing is a DWI enforcement. I have caught literally hundreds of drunk drivers over the years. I just get that warm fuzzy feeling everytime I stopped someone that looks like they have down syndrom and say "I only had two beeeersss".

I really don't mind living to the higher standard. What I don't get is why its expected. Being a cop is what I do its not really who I am. If I could afford not to work and just shoot and hunt thats what I would do. Now I like my job and am proud of what I do but its still just a job.

In my years of being a DWI cop I have arrested teachers, attorneys, doctors, construction workers, business men/women and militay men and countless other "professionals". Alot of these people made a mistake and were having a good time and just drank to much. They are not career criminals or even bad people they made a mistake (some are drunks also). The only other profession to have consequences of getting a DWI is a teacher. Why is that? Why can a cop not make a mistake and pay the fines and it not affect his career? If your going to control my off duty time shouldn't have to pay for it? I know bankers that have lost there house because they quit paying for it but they still work at the bank.

Dink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . . . . shade of the Lindsay Lohan thread returning. Egad! We've gone from a dog dying to cops getting bashed . . . . O, wait! That was the point all along! blush My bad.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

And they should. Here in Montana we have 3 strikes and your out on DUI. Your 3rd conviction to the slammer you go. Personally, if it was up to me the 1st conviction would be a mandatory 25 years with no possibility of parole. Your 2nd conviction would life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

I lived with an alcholic so I'll admit to being a hard azz and I do drink but never drink and drive.

Derby if you think people go to jail on the third DWI you are very wrong. Missouri also has that rule. I gave a guy his ninth the other night and he has yet to serve any jail time. Of course he has enough money not to go to jail.

When your dad was a cop DWI's were not taken seriously. I would bet it was late 1980's before DWI was a big deal.

Dink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is bullchit! I dont care who the a-hole would be that shot my dog there would be some pay back.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RickyD
Same thing could have happened to a private citizen with a CCW.
A citizen would likely go to jail and lose his 2nd amendment rights. Unless, possibly, they were an attorney and had the legal weight of a law firm behind them. Discharging a firearm in such a situation and setting appears to me as irresponsible and would not be justified per the law governing such in my state, which only allows a shoot to protect human life from deadly force.

I disagree with your entire statement.

Travis

Why do you disagree with what RickyD said?

There's multiple examples in this thread that justify my disagreeing with that statement. VA's link out of Washington is one.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Dude, is this a standup act you've been working on for some time or what?

I'm dying...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
No plea bargaining for me. Plea bargaining should not be allowed for anyone cop or citizen.

Maybe they shouldn't but they are unless you're a cop.

Every body should lose their job because of DUI or reckless op.

Maybe they should but most don't. Even those that rely on their licenses can wait out the suspensions. Few OTR truckers will ever do so again, but it happens.

Maybe things have changed but my Dad was a cop and an alcoholic and I watched him skate many times because he was a member of the blue brotherhood when he should have been arrested for DUI.

They've changed a lot. If you let another cop go for DWI it had better be one you trust not to ever open his mouth. The mere accusation will most likely cost your career. That said, in all these years I've never had to make that decision so it can't be the plague that you make it out to be.

The fact is, I don't care about being held to a higher standard as I do it on my own and ensure my guys do as well. In Court, however, there is only one standard. If you want separate Statutes for cops you better believe the Thin Blue Line will solidify.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

I'm dying...

Travis

=============

We must have the same perverse sense of humor.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's the deal on walking one's Alligator,
in one of these joints ?

Are they SPECIFICALLY "Dog Parks",....or more "Constitutionally",
....PET PARKS?

What about walking one's Monitor Lizard ?

Snapping Turtles ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am thinking of a Nile Monitor, we can catch them in the wild here.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by isaac

I'm dying...

Travis

=============

We must have the same perverse sense of humor.

Seriously? 25 years??!!

Freakin' classic.

Travis

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Thought I would add some levity to this thread.

[Linked Image]

Carry on

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That your supper tonight ?

I'd put it back on the grill for another 20-30.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Thought I would add some levity to this thread.

[Linked Image]

Carry on

That's a good dog

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't like that anymore than the dead cat pics!

Old cat turd!

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.