Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
Don't like that anymore than the dead cat pics!
I've got a feeling I'm happy he's on ignore, T.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can see it in the quote above, I just don't care for making fun of the dead, 2 or 4 legged.

Now honest hunting kills on the other hand can be downright interesting. I just never carried a camera hunting, traveled as light as possible at all times.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
You can see it in the quote above, I just don't care for making fun of the dead, 2 or 4 legged.

Now honest hunting kills on the other hand can be downright interesting. I just never carried a camera hunting, traveled as light as possible at all times.
I never have either. Only kill shots I have (and few they are) were taken by someone else, and are typically of poor quality being from cell phones and in low light.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Frankly, I don't care for plea deals. If I'm guilty I'll plea guilty, if I'm not guilty I'll plea not guilty. No plea bargaining for me. Plea bargaining should not be allowed for anyone cop or citizen.

You're really not up to speed on our Criminal Justice system, are you?

Without plea bargains the courts would grind to a crunching halt due to an ever-increasing back-log of cases.

90%+ of cases are disposed of through plea bargaining.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He's not up to speed with "One Fish,Two Fish,Red Fish,Blue Fish"

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by isaac
He's not up to speed with "One Fish,Two Fish,Red Fish,Blue Fish"

<snicker>

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Another thread that has gotten so far off tract, its not much worth reading.

Do I believe what happened was justified; NO!

But at the same time, the officer has been placed on "Administrative Leave" and there are enough out side people involved, I do think there will now be an honest investigation. The way I understand it. Other than the parties involved there were 3 kids nearby that witnessed the act.

So I think it will be hard to cover up anything if not true.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Thought I would add some levity to this thread.

[Linked Image]

Carry on

Ouch.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Another thread that has gotten so far off tract, its not much worth reading.

Do I believe what happened was justified; NO!

But at the same time, the officer has been placed on "Administrative Leave" and there are enough out side people involved, I do think there will now be an honest investigation. The way I understand it. Other than the parties involved there were 3 kids nearby that witnessed the act.

So I think it will be hard to cover up anything if not true.

Phil
Probably true. Let's hope so.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mac84
Thought I would add some levity to this thread.

[Linked Image]

Carry on

Ouch.

You know, that looks like another McSwirl dog. That's two I've seen tonight.

Travis

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I'm kind of funny in that I don't like kids being attacked.

The pic from above was accompanied with this story.

A Chicago police officer shot and killed a pit bull dog today that had attacked five people in the city's Grand Crossing neighborhood.

The unnamed officer spotted the unleashed and uncollared dog chasing after three young girls in the 7400 block of South Blackstone Avenue at about 1:40 p.m., police said. When the officer saw the dog bite one of the girls, he fired a shot in the direction of the dog, startling the animal and forcing it to let go of the child, police spokeswoman Gabrielle Lesniak said. As the dog went after another girl, the officer shot and killed the animal, Lesniak said.

Brian Hunt, whose 11-year-old daughter, Felica, was bitten on the left thigh and arm, credited the officer's action with saving the children. Felica and her two friends were returning from the store when the dog gave chase, Hunt said. The third friend was able to climb on to a car and wasn't injured, Hunt said.

"He (the officer) probably saved my daughter's life and her friend's life, as well," Hunt said in a telephone interview.

Hunt's daughter and friend were the dog's second set of victims. Just before they were bitten, a mother and her two children were bitten a short distance away. All five victims were taken to Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, where they were treated and released, police said.

Police weren't able to locate the dog's owner.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They shoulda looked in their jailhouse .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The pic from above was accompanied with this story.

A Chicago police officer shot and killed a pit bull dog today that had attacked five people in the city's Grand Crossing neighborhood.

The unnamed officer spotted the unleashed and uncollared dog chasing after three young girls in the 7400 block of South Blackstone Avenue at about 1:40 p.m., police said. When the officer saw the dog bite one of the girls, he fired a shot in the direction of the dog, startling the animal and forcing it to let go of the child, police spokeswoman Gabrielle Lesniak said. As the dog went after another girl, the officer shot and killed the animal, Lesniak said.

Brian Hunt, whose 11-year-old daughter, Felica, was bitten on the left thigh and arm, credited the officer's action with saving the children. Felica and her two friends were returning from the store when the dog gave chase, Hunt said. The third friend was able to climb on to a car and wasn't injured, Hunt said.

"He (the officer) probably saved my daughter's life and her friend's life, as well," Hunt said in a telephone interview.

Hunt's daughter and friend were the dog's second set of victims. Just before they were bitten, a mother and her two children were bitten a short distance away. All five victims were taken to Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, where they were treated and released, police said.

Police weren't able to locate the dog's owner.

Those [bleep]' cops...

Travis

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Common ground!

At last...

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
That's what they do with the losers. Just dump them. The fighting history of the breed has resulted in one of the finest breeds that ever existed, but it also means it's the number one most abused animal on earth, owned mostly by the worst kinds of folks. The kind that would subject them to this kind of existence.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That's what they do with the losers. Just dump them. The fighting history of the breed has resulted in one of the finest breeds that ever existed, but it also means it's the number one most abused animal on earth, owned mostly by the worst kinds of folks. The kind that would subject them to this kind of existence.

Pitbull apologist?

outphuckinstanding......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DINK
Derby I forgot what did you do for a living can you tell me again?

I have not drank in 12 years so the drinking and driving thing I don't worry about.

My number one thing is a DWI enforcement. I have caught literally hundreds of drunk drivers over the years. I just get that warm fuzzy feeling everytime I stopped someone that looks like they have down syndrom and say "I only had two beeeersss".

I really don't mind living to the higher standard. What I don't get is why its expected. Being a cop is what I do its not really who I am. If I could afford not to work and just shoot and hunt thats what I would do. Now I like my job and am proud of what I do but its still just a job.

In my years of being a DWI cop I have arrested teachers, attorneys, doctors, construction workers, business men/women and militay men and countless other "professionals". Alot of these people made a mistake and were having a good time and just drank to much. They are not career criminals or even bad people they made a mistake (some are drunks also). The only other profession to have consequences of getting a DWI is a teacher. Why is that? Why can a cop not make a mistake and pay the fines and it not affect his career? If your going to control my off duty time shouldn't have to pay for it? I know bankers that have lost there house because they quit paying for it but they still work at the bank.

Dink

I'm retired and a part-time tax preparer.

Cops are held to a higher standard because like it or not they are a role model. They are community leaders.

If you look upon being a cop as just a job than there is nothing I can do to help you understand why you are held to a higher standard.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DINK
DD the point if Dink's post is Cops DO LOSE their cert for DUI, it is a job breaker unlike for a say plumber or factory worker.

And they should. Here in Montana we have 3 strikes and your out on DUI. Your 3rd conviction to the slammer you go. Personally, if it was up to me the 1st conviction would be a mandatory 25 years with no possibility of parole. Your 2nd conviction would life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

I lived with an alcholic so I'll admit to being a hard azz and I do drink but never drink and drive.

Derby if you think people go to jail on the third DWI you are very wrong. Missouri also has that rule. I gave a guy his ninth the other night and he has yet to serve any jail time. Of course he has enough money not to go to jail.

When your dad was a cop DWI's were not taken seriously. I would bet it was late 1980's before DWI was a big deal.

Dink

Montana has gotten real serious about DUI's in the last few years as Montana has a real drinking problem. And yes, I agree not everybody makes it to jail on third offense there are always people who know someone who knows someone, etc. they keep somehow gaming the system. But more and more people are finding their lucky charm has run it's course.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
DD the point if Dink's post is Cops DO LOSE their cert for DUI, it is a job breaker unlike for a say plumber or factory worker.

And they should. Here in Montana we have 3 strikes and your out on DUI. Your 3rd conviction to the slammer you go. Personally, if it was up to me the 1st conviction would be a mandatory 25 years with no possibility of parole. Your 2nd conviction would life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

I lived with an alcholic so I'll admit to being a hard azz and I do drink but never drink and drive.

Dude, is this a standup act you've been working on for some time or what?

I'm dying...

Travis

No stand up act Travis. I've lived with an alcoholic for 30 years it's devastating to the family. I'm a real hard case on alcoholism. I have friends who are alcoholics who when not drinking are pretty nice guys but get them drunk and they turn into monsters scaring the crap out of wife and child and yes women can be just as bad.

Nope, I have no tolerance for alcoholics and heavy drinking. If I'm going to party and I know before hand both types of drinkers will be there I always bow out. Don't need to be at that kind of party.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most people who get DWI's are not alcoholics . Most all who get more than one DWI are alcoholics .

Not all cops lose their job if they get a drunk driving conviction .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.