-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think this one deserves another round!

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's nice of you...some people will read this whole thing and not look at the dates, thinking it's new. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Raghorn,

Who did that work for you?

Sorry to see that it turned out like that.

Tom

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by statjunk
Raghorn,

Tom

Mickey Coleman.

S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by raghorn
How would you rate this service?
I paid for a complete barrel job including the bedding and cerakote. These pictures are how she came out of the box.
BTW, this was the redo as the first time I got it back, the chamber was ringed.
A Kindergarten student could do better than that. Did Mickey Coleman offer a refund?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a dime.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by himmelrr
...and called stupid for wanting a <insert chambering of choice here> when the <insert any other choice here> were soooo much better. He was willing to do it but thought it was a waste of money.

He also tells me (regularly) that Remington screwed up every rifle they ever built, by scratching an extra zero behind the model number. blush

He's a died in the wool pre-64 M70 kind of guy, and we've had many evenings of one vs the other.

He has backed down a bit though, ever since we "took it to the range" one day and had a shootout shocked. My favorite M700 beat his favorite M70 by .007" (literally) for a five shot group.

I walked away and haven't bought anything there since.

Mine on the other hand happens to be somebody that I consider one of my best friends.

I used to see him all the time. Now that we live in separate states, I have to resort to calling. frown

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Clay
His name is Nelson and he worked out of Gator Gun & Archery in WPB, FL.

When my parents lived in the area, I hit Gator Gun a lot. Don't know that I ever bought anything, but did enjoy looking to see what deals might've come in.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ColdBore
He has backed down a bit though, ever since we "took it to the range" one day and had a shootout shocked. My favorite M700 beat his favorite M70 by .007" (literally) for a five shot group..
Just curious, but for the heckofit, didja swap rifles and try again?

Sometimes, it's the shooter...

In a similar vein, I remember reading Chuck Yeager's tale of a pilot who said he could 'wax his fanny' with his plane.. Chuck took him up on it and the other guy was totally shamed.. When they landed, Chuck offered to swap planes since the other guy was yowling about something or other..

They swapped planes, took off, and Chuck was all over his azz again.. That was the end of the other pilot's ego.. Yeager merely explained that it's the pilot, not the plane, that would win any battle..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by ColdBore
He has backed down a bit though, ever since we "took it to the range" one day and had a shootout shocked. My favorite M700 beat his favorite M70 by .007" (literally) for a five shot group..

Just curious, but for the heckofit, didja swap rifles and try again?

Not a chance!! laugh

I beat him fair and square, and proved beyond all doubt, and for all of time, that mine was the better rifle! wink Why would I want to do it over and over again, and just humiliate the poor man? whistle

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it... I ain't crazy enough to think that the results couldn't reverse in a heartbeat... BTW, both groups were in the .3" or .4" range if I remember right, so both rifles shot plenty well that day...).

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
He's the same guy that will give me that good natured "Ah... whatever. What the hell makes you think you need a piece of crap like THAT for? Stupid....", as he's chucking it up in the lathe... grin

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Raghorn,

Tom

Mickey Coleman.
UT OHH..............UUUH where's tha pOpCoRn, these Guys finna BLAST on you about the work you received and will actually say it was a great job! grin------------------------------------- whistle .

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
How would you rate this service?
I paid for a complete barrel job including the bedding and cerakote. These pictures are how she came out of the box.
BTW, this was the redo as the first time I got it back, the chamber was ringed.
Whoa sounds familiar...................and looks better than what I received, like I said in a post up from these that's first class work compared to how mine looked Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Mickey Coleman
Did four rifles for me and did a fine job. I got more than I paid for.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Popapi
Raghorn,

Tom

Mickey Coleman.
UT OHH..............UUUH where's tha pOpCoRn, these Guys finna BLAST on you about the work you received and will actually say it was a great job! grin------------------------------------- whistle .

laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=elkrazy]I think Mr. Coleman's candid response is to be commended. I have never had him build something but his response - together with an obvious large number of very happy clients - would make me very comfortable to build.

My profession is one with the lawyers circling waiting for a mistake, so I might be a little sensitive to the imperfect nature of all us - a mistake is always lurking around the corner. It is to bad that our society wants to find someone to blame for everything - it makes is hard to say "I goofed". This typically brings in the vultures.

Takes a good man to admit he's wrong. Mickey's moved up a coupla notches on my scale.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Same here, assuming we know the correct story and he offered to make it right.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Did you guys see the picture of that rifle? Can you honestly say that you'd send a guy your rifle after seeing what he did to that rifle?

In my opinion, that isn't an if he makes it right scenario. There is no way that is even marginally acceptable. Not in any circle anywhere.

Tom

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
[quote=elkrazy]I think Mr. Coleman's candid response is to be commended. I have never had him build something but his response - together with an obvious large number of very happy clients - would make me very comfortable to build.

My profession is one with the lawyers circling waiting for a mistake, so I might be a little sensitive to the imperfect nature of all us - a mistake is always lurking around the corner. It is to bad that our society wants to find someone to blame for everything - it makes is hard to say "I goofed". This typically brings in the vultures.

Takes a good man to admit he's wrong. Mickey's moved up a coupla notches on my scale.

You got to be kidding ! Evidently you don't know the difference between a "mistake" and [bleep] work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listen, the only reason for me to bump this back up is to put the information out there for you to make your own informed decision based on facts not talk.
Fact is he did substandard/[bleep] work for me. Not a simple mistake but multiple mistakes.
I sent him two builds based on his history. Now I know for myself first hand what kind of work he is doing now.
If you choose to send him work after seeing pics of his work them rock on! Maybe you will have great results or maybe not.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (11point, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 3,049 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.