Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 429 of 1,842 1 2 427 428 429 430 431 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
Being patient is not something I'm good at.

If you told us, I don't remember.

Arrived December 1, 2005, interviewed twice in December & offered the job first week of January 2006. Now being a "foreign worker" the hoop jumping started. Had to apply to the CDN govt human resources dept, to prove why hiring a foreign worker should be granted over a Canadian citizen.

Long story, but I finally received my temporary work permit in October 2006, 10 months later !!!!!!!!

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
we were in the 40's.

is summer over now? grin

I sure as hell hope so. Fall is my favorite time of the year. smile

BTW, waiting for a report on the reunion. Could it be that Pam hasn't recovered yet. smirk

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Don't get too excited yet guys, still plenty of summer left yet. frown The a/c is off and the windows are open though. Last night made me want to sleep outside it was so nice. Course, if I bought that bronco, I wouldn't have had a choice.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

BTW, waiting for a report on the reunion. Could it be that Pam hasn't recovered yet. smirk

Oh it was a pretty good time, very tame, no hangovers or anything like that grin

Weez had her car in the little parade, her little brother & 2 younger cousins rode with her in the parade (they were in with a group of other classic cars.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In the parade lineup, 4 very cool kids grin

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pictures Dave. Never heard of a parade connected with a high school reunion though.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
just found this picture of me & some of my amigos one weekend a while back.

from the looks of it... there should be quite a few years of good hunting company in my future. youngsters-o-plenty smile

[Linked Image]

anyone remember this? This thread has been up for just over 3 years now. say what you will but I read this whole thing about this time every year. It takes longer and longer every year but it's by far my favorite thing to read.

From this single thread I've met quite a few great people that I'd call good friends and would do most anything for. This was started by Dave and his family to soften the blow of a huge family loss. It has turned into so much more than than. I believe it's helped us all at some point or another.

Thanks Dave.

Last edited by tzone; 08/16/10.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I love that picture, jeez the kids have grown in the past 3 years! Thanks for dragging that photo back up to the surface & thanks for the nice words.

Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Great pictures Dave. Never heard of a parade connected with a high school reunion though.

Well it was the annual small town celebration with parade, street dance, car show etc & Pam's class just decided to hold the reunion on the same weekend.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW !!! I 2nd what T said.

I've not been on here much and there is a lil catching up for me to do on this thread shocked

I remember the early posts on the Mustang rebuild and just got fast forwarded to the pic above T zones post . Very nice .

Had to make a current post so I can pick back up reading where I left off at post # #4193473

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is one spot I check every day. It is amazing how many folks check in and never post but everyone is keeping tabs on the chickenbuck.

Thanks to Dave and Pam for allowing us to all experience a little part of their lives.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
well, well, well, If I don't spot a birch in the back yard with a little yellow on her. It's warm, but it feels like we're starting to turn the corner on summer!

Guessing we'll have a nuther couple of weeks with temps that hit 80 or so, then it starts. I recind my eairler post about not getting excited.... cuz I am. laugh

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
with an elk hunt on the docket for fall, i have been watching for turning leaves since...oh....about May....1st. That dang ol' calendar is moving too slow. Oh, I love the cool nites!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
a big thanks from the ole Griz too. This thread sure makes the days more interesting.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Where you going elk hunting B-man?

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to hear the reunion was a good time, I too check this more than my email, at least 3 times a day. Last night was chilly, I had a box fan in the window cranked blowing cold air from outside, my tv when its on is almost always on the outdoor channel and I'm ramping up my reloading so I have enough to warm up my .260 for deer season and get it set. has anyone set a date for the sept preseason scouting/get together yet? I'm gettin pumped!!!!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Unit 76 in Colorado. Spent our (my dad and I) 13 preference points and going hog wild with an outfitter even! We will be hunting west of Creede/east of Silverton. I cant wait. Doggone it, it cant come soon enough! Packing in 3+ hours. Altitude is gonna be nose-bleed high......11,000 to 13,000 feet. I have been watching the bulls out there since late June via a guy who takes pictures every couple days less than a mile from where we are headed. He spends the whole summer/fall up in the backcountry taking pics. Most bulls are rubbed and he even has pics of a sparring match already. Kinda fun to watch the process unfold. If anyone is interested, I can tell you where to go to see his amazing pics.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sounds awesome, be careful up there. 11-13k is way up there. Pretty easy to get sick. Pace yourself and probably forget about drinking any booze up that high.

Good luck & take pictures!

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM your doctor can perscribe a medication, Diamox Sequell or Acetazolamide that help with altitude sickness. You'll need to start taking the med about a week before you leave.

Hope you're getting in shape too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh Bill I've recovered.

Actually we all behaved pretty good, hard to believe for Dave I know. grin The reunion went well except for one of my high school best friends who was pretty cold and stand offish. Otherwise I was able to see quite a few classmates, laugh, talk and recall how smart we were back then.

My dad was able to make it to the parade and see Taylor's car at the car show, so that was nice to see. But I have to say though that the funnest part of the whole weekend was the parade. I got the priviledge to ride in a big semi truck with my brother and help throw the candy. He drove one of the gravel dump trucks for the place that he works for. I LOVE BIG RIGS, I often think that I've missed my calling. wink All in all it was nice to have my husband and kids with me for the big event. Now I can relax for another 10 years.

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good to hear from you Pam. Hard to believe Dave behaved himself though. smile You must have had him on a short leash. laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What to do, what to do??

Weekend is coming and I find myself wondering if I should stay home and work on this:

[Linked Image]

or go to the cabin for some choke cherry picking and firewood cutting?

Something clever here.

Page 429 of 1,842 1 2 427 428 429 430 431 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 57 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.