Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It is seldom that so many foolish people make public spectacles of themselves in one posting!
This is certainly the exception!
Foolish and unfounded blather abound here and is led by such characters as "dave7mm" and "3sixbits"!
These fools should, and would be wise to take the sage and well founded advice of posters like "atkinson"!
Leupold has and DOES make splendid Rifle scopes!
PERIOD!
I have been using Leupold scopes since 1962 or going on half a century - I have several dozen of them on Rifles right now.
AND I have owned at least 100 others in the past - I have YET to have one fail me in ANY manner!
Yeah my fleet of Leupold scoped Rifles rest in vaults sometimes - waiting to be put to use, BUT when I take them out to use them I know they will perform.
I have used my Leupolds in several rain forests, in deserts, at night, in 40 below zero temperatures, in snow conditions, in sleet, in heat, in incessant rain (SE Alaska for one example!) I have taken them thousands of miles in the cabs of 80 degree trucks and then jump out into below zero temps chasing Coyotes, Bobcats and Fox, and NEVER had a fogging problem even once!
I have seen dozens of "high dollar" euro scopes fail in these very same conditions that my Leupolds have done so well in!
MY Leupold scopes have also performed exceptionally well for ME at dozens of ranges throughout the western United States.
Speaking of performance, I see where just a few days ago (May 9th 2,009!) that TWO NEW WORLD RECORDS were set by two different individuals using two different Leupold scopes on two different Rifles while in the same IBS competition (bench rest 600 yards)!
Only a fool would even try to denigrate the best selling scopes in the world and THEN think anyone pays any attention to their blatherings!
Yet from time to time there are those that feel some sick sense of accomplishment when they try to bash Leupold scopes - in public?
Puzzling this!
Sheesh - get over it, you pathetic Leupold bashers, you are attempting to make a specious (without merit!) argument!
Long live Leupold & Stevens!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
VarmintGuy said....."It is seldom that so many foolish people make public spectacles of themselves in one posting!"

You pretty much proved your own point. I would imagine Mr Cross has seen, shot, handled,etc more glass than you have ever dreamed of.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This is why Leupold has fallen behind; unwavering faith in them. No matter what they produce, there are those who believe Leupold can do no wrong and is the absolute best out there, no matter what, period. They make it, people, without question, buy it. Leupold does put out some great stuff, but they have fallen behind. And just because you may not have ever had a problem doesn't mean others haven't.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
It is seldom that so many foolish people make public spectacles of themselves in one posting!
This is certainly the exception!
Foolish and unfounded blather abound here and is led by such characters as "dave7mm" and "3sixbits"!
These fools should, and would be wise to take the sage and well founded advice of posters like "atkinson"!
Leupold has and DOES make splendid Rifle scopes!
PERIOD!
I have been using Leupold scopes since 1962 or going on half a century - I have several dozen of them on Rifles right now.
AND I have owned at least 100 others in the past - I have YET to have one fail me in ANY manner!
Yeah my fleet of Leupold scoped Rifles rest in vaults sometimes - waiting to be put to use, BUT when I take them out to use them I know they will perform.
I have used my Leupolds in several rain forests, in deserts, at night, in 40 below zero temperatures, in snow conditions, in sleet, in heat, in incessant rain (SE Alaska for one example!) I have taken them thousands of miles in the cabs of 80 degree trucks and then jump out into below zero temps chasing Coyotes, Bobcats and Fox, and NEVER had a fogging problem even once!
I have seen dozens of "high dollar" euro scopes fail in these very same conditions that my Leupolds have done so well in!
MY Leupold scopes have also performed exceptionally well for ME at dozens of ranges throughout the western United States.
Speaking of performance, I see where just a few days ago (May 9th 2,009!) that TWO NEW WORLD RECORDS were set by two different individuals using two different Leupold scopes on two different Rifles while in the same IBS competition (bench rest 600 yards)!
Only a fool would even try to denigrate the best selling scopes in the world and THEN think anyone pays any attention to their blatherings!
Yet from time to time there are those that feel some sick sense of accomplishment when they try to bash Leupold scopes - in public?
Puzzling this!
Sheesh - get over it, you pathetic Leupold bashers, you are attempting to make a specious (without merit!) argument!
Long live Leupold & Stevens!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
VG,
I happen to agree with Mr.Cross.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VarmintGuy said....."It is seldom that so many foolish people make public spectacles of themselves in one posting!"

And you were certainly one of those people.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thank you Terry- a very well written post and about time.

Stonewall

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
A good post by Terry Cross. Interesting reading. The most interesting point of all to me is the question of how much use are the scopes getting?

I have a funny feeling that the scopes installed on rifles of avid long range target or tactical shooters are seeing a lot more rounds than those in use by most hunters.

I suspect,but don't know, that I shoot more than the average hunter,probably less than target shooters,and I have "broken" scopes.So, for me,the issue is OK...what do I buy that's going to handle the abuse of the use? smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for the post. I fall into the category of the 1% that shoot & hunt a lot & subject optics to severe duty. I use many Leupolds & over the years have had 3 fail. Two were used & abused a lot & one failure cost me a trophy. One 6X was received with a broken reticle. I have no qualms about using Leupold scopes but also have a number of Conquest & one Swarovski. Leupold is definitely being affected by competition & certainly receives a lot of business based upon past reputation. I'm not an expert so I can't say Leupold now builds scopes as good as years ago. It is apparent Leupold feels the wolves at their heels. Only time will show if Leupold chooses to react with new technical improvements & more aggressive marketing including competitive pricing.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
A very good post, Terry.

I hope Leupold wakes up and realizes that they will lose their customer base with the generational change.

ILya

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Most folks I know do exactly that! They buy the scope at BassPro and the rifle does see the light of day about 8 times a year. Out of 16 folks I hunt with 2 of us shoot with any regularity. Then many folks I know sight in at 25 yards or less. Watched the club president sight in at 20 yards last year burned 3-4 boxes of 30-06 shells shooting into a paper plate. When he finally hit close to the mark he quit. Interestingly he was missing the plate at first, shooting over the bed of his pickup. He has some random bushnell POS mounted on a Rem 742. I just don't have varment guys luck one of my two remaining leups has gone back twice, good service from those folks though, I like them. I really want Leupold to succeed, I want to do business with them, I will for instance try to find a used Leup this year and send it back to them for examination and repair if neccessary to use for a back up scope. I am buying a new scope in a week or so the Conquest 2.5 x 8 is $399, the Leup is $429, lately my Conquests are holding zero better so despite their absolutely wonderful service whats a fellow to do??

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTTT

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somebody said this Terry Cross guy is a pretty good shot.....grin!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Nice read, but I'm going to stay with Leupold, they sure have been more than fair to me over the years, even sent me a new scope after my horse rolled and broke one in half..I sent it back and asked them if they could put a new tube on it..Got a new scope instead..they did the same when a hunter got excited and twisted the cup off my binocs trying to adjust them, sent me a new pair, a month later got the old ones and they were fixed. I called Leupold and told them I hadn't even opened the box..Told me Happy Birthday, keep them both and don't mess up our bookkeeping..How can you beat that?

I have used Leupolds for 60 years, my 3Xs are still working. I have sent a few back and they fixed them and returned them within 10 days, no charge. I usually buy used Leupolds out of pawn shops and at gunshows, why? because the guarentee is still good..

Im happy with them, they have served me for 60 years, I can afford them, I can get'em fixed pronto.. I am not going to change because someone I don't even known posted a baddy..In fact I wouldn't change if my best friend, no make that my mama, posted a baddy on Leupold..:) smile

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,176
Posts18,503,222
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.