Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
My RCBS electronic scale that is about 18 years old, has gone south. Anybody have any reccomendtaions for a replacement. I don't need the kind that dispenses powder. Just a scale.RCBS customer service, doesn't support them anymore, but the gal says it was the best one made.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
HR IC

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have had a Dillon for about 15 years and it still works well.Rick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it was made by Denver Instruments they might be able to fix it cheap. Might give it a try:

http://www.denverinstrument.com/en/index.html

1-800-321-1135

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
PACT....I love thier dispenser/scale combo. I also use the scal solo and love it. It is easy to calibrate and holds calibration forever. It is also cheaper then the RCBS. Thier customer support is second to none.

Check them out here!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What he said!! Pact.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I have looked at the Pact. I like it!!!

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been using a PACT for quite a few years with no problems.Try to avoid the BBK if you can and go for the more expensive Digital Precision Powder Scale.The difference in price is well worth it .JMHO

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
284 That is the one I was looking at, he DPPS. I also like the lifetime warranty. No others have it. I'm waiting on manual to arrive for my old scale to see if I can check it out. I put the original somewhere where it would not get lost. Now I can't find it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have a pact scale/dispenser. I have had it for several years and I like it but it has been back to the factory twice. they always fixed it and turned it around fairly fast. Recently I sent it in for a upgrade pakage that is supposed to make it faster and correct some small issues that the older models had. I got it back about a week ago and it works great. They completly replaced the old style dispenser with a new one, changed some parts on the scale, and replaced both power supplies. Its fast accurate and easy to use. I have heard of some horror stories re:service early on but they were polite and professional in my recent dealings with them.

Lefty

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I just recieved a new manual for my RCBS scale today. The origina one is some place wher it wouldn't get lost ( I don't know where that place is). With some tinkering, recalibration and re zeroing, The old one is working again. I was all set to buy the Pact Monday.

Many thanks for all the replies. I wil store the info away when it finally does go south.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks for the link to PACT.com.
Been going to try an electronic scale for a few years, and never got around to checking them out.
After going to the Pact site, I ended up ordering the the scale/dispenser combo 229.00 and that includes the shipping charges!
Midway is doing a fine job of gouging me on those shipping and handling charges this last month, plus the scale/dispenser is 30.00 cheaper going straight thru PACT.
Now I hope the electronic scales make reloading a little faster then the beam scales.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
You are going to think you have died and gone to reloader heaven. It does make life so much easier. My scale/dispenser is one of the older one that was sent back to be upgraded to the new high speed system. I love it. I am closing in on 50,000 charges dispensed by it and I have never ever had any failures with the system. Once you get it check back in and let me know what you think.

Oh and a bit a trivia ... Pact makes the scale dispenser combo sold under the RCBS name... It is a pact with a green case and a bigger price tag for the RCBS name.

Dont even get me started on Midways screw ups this month... I may move on to MidSouth for my supplies from now on.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Guys, I am glad all of you guys liked yours but I have learned to hate Electronic Scales. I have a Pact now, but ordered and sent back so many. From the cheap cabelas model to the Dillon. What I don't like is they can't update fast enough while trickling. I can beat a electonic scale with a beam anyday. Also, some occassions I will be weighing loads and something just doesn't seem right. I need too much powder I am throwing or too little. And then I test the calibration and its off.

All the ones on the market for reloading can be finicky to dryers running or even breezes. And some friends I know that has very noisey power in like developments has big fluctuations unless they run em on batterys.

I use mine now for wieghing static items like brass, or broadheads, but thats about it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, AdamT204, 12 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,959
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.