Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Little Bill got the jump on him. In a fair shootout, who knows what would have happened.

The guy who wrote the scene and director know what would have happened...

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Assasination is murder. But not every murder is an assasination.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ILR

That's the question then isn't it - why not?

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rman
I've shot a deer right in the sternumn before, took about a 1.5 inch chunk of bone out upon entry.
You can't apply logic to what a crazy person did. Oswald did it himself. Because this doesn't make sense to most sane people, they automatically think he had to have had help.

R.
....................A 1.5" chunk of bone out of a deer`s sternum upon entry, may not equate exactly same compared with a human skull. Using a round nosed bullet on that deer or pointed spitzer?

If there was no large rear wound of exit from the rear of the skull, then I`d agree with you. The liklihood of there being only a lone shooter from the rear would then be very high.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Little Bill got the jump on him. In a fair shootout, who knows what would have happened.

The guy who wrote the scene and director know what would have happened...
wink

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ILR

I think he means when justified it's not murder, such as if the attempts on Hitler's life were successful, that would be an assassination, but not a murder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Type of motive, level of planning, care of preparation, drive and skill of execution, realm of impact and consequenses.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
I've shot a deer right in the sternumn before, took about a 1.5 inch chunk of bone out upon entry.
You can't apply logic to what a crazy person did. Oswald did it himself. Because this doesn't make sense to most sane people, they automatically think he had to have had help.

R.
....................A 1.5" chunk of bone out of a deer`s sternum upon entry, may not equate exactly same compared with a human skull. Using a round nosed bullet on that deer or pointed spitzer?

If there was no large rear wound of exit from the rear of the skull, then I`d agree with you. The liklihood of there being only a lone shooter from the rear would then be very high.

That was kind of my point. A deer sternumn is a hell of a lot thicker than human skull, and does not have the "fault lines" or seams in it like a human skull does. I can see a round nosed bullet punching a hole like that in skull very easily, especially inside a hundred yards. Also, if you shoot a deer in the head, and take the time to skin it, not only will you see a hell of mess, but big chunks of skull all over the place. The only thing that holds it all together is scalp and hair. Deer hide is a lot thicker as well, plus a deer head doesn't have over a liter of blood and fluid in it, not to mention a big chunk of jello in the middle like we have. A bullet that size does not punch a clean hole through bone, ever.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think he means when justified it's not murder, such as if the attempts on Hitler's life were successful, that would be an assassination, but not a murder.

That is presicely false.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
as�sas�si�nate [ ə s�ss'n �yt ] (past and past participle as�sas�si�nat�ed, present participle as�sas�si�nat�ing, 3rd person present singular as�sas�si�nates)

transitive verb

Definition:

1. murder somebody: to kill somebody, especially a political leader or other public figure, by a sudden violent attack

2. ruin something: to harm or destroy something such as somebody's reputation maliciously or treacherously

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ILR

Assassination is murder of an official for political reasons. Every assassination is murder, but not everyone murdered is a public official or for the purposes of political gain.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Explain then, how an occipital skull bone fragment which is later found on the grass some 41 feet to the left rear of the fatal impact point. By an entrance wound fired from the rear??? An entrance wound to the skull is going to cause a fragment of occipital bone to fly some 41 feet to the rear?..........Ain`t buying that one!!!
==============

Even you keep trying to enlarge the distance.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/harper.htm

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Shoot a large glass jar full of water with a 6.5mm bullet at 100 yards. You're going to find glass everywhere, including the direction the bullet came from.

R.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You all need to relax and chill out. The Mothman will let you in on a little secret. The Mothman and ol' Harv did it together. He took the first two shots, and The Mothman took the last one. We were supposed to meet Cheney for drinks after, but Harv got sloppy. Now you know!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
Have any of you ever shot an animal and the bullet or animal did something unexpected than the norm? I think its one of those things that can't be explained.

It is what it is!

ML

[Linked Image]

This is a hog I shot this morning . Is the side nearest the camera the exit or entrance wound ?

Never did get any "bites" on this .Fact is that the side nearest the camera has a big portion of the rib cage blown away and you can see a small hole thru the far side rib cage . I would assume - like most of you here , I'm betting that the small one on the far side is the entrance wound and the blown away part is the exit .

Such was not the case . The 300 gr. HP from my 45 70 made a hell of a mess at entrance and 157 gr. of it continued on thru the hog and stopped under the skin on the far side .

Granted that Oswald's bullets were of a different type entirely , but the picture proves what most of us already know :

Bullets ALWAYS follow the laws of physics , but sometimes we consider the wrong law in making assumptions .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If you ever try a case in Mississippi , you might want to retain local counsel !grin.

I'm keeping an open mind and it is doubtful that at this late date any evidence will be forthcoming to establish that Oswald had no help .

OTOH , with Fat Ted gone and Fidel barely holding on , the climate could well change over the next few years be more favorable to further disclosures .

============

There is zero evidence to suggest he did have help. Nothing you or big squeeze are saying isn't supported by any proof or link you've provided. You simply say "stuff" and expect it warrants some credibility.

And curdog.....I really don't need you telling me whether or not forensic expert testimony is given less weight than eyewitness testimony,OK? Way out of your bailiwick,my boy!!

What prompted my remark is this : " My " company had a really good track record defending our airplanes in product liability and wrongful death lawsuits , due primarily to the fact that we had a good , experienced law firm representing us and we never went "cheap".

Then we went up against an old country lawyer down in Miss . We had a team of high priced expert witnesses who made a living testifying about Pratt and Whitney turbine engines .The Miss. lawyer had one expert witness who held a high school diploma and a grudge against his former employer , Pratt and Whitney .

Two fractured upper vertabrae are worth 5 million bucks in Mississippi ! The jury believed the good ol' boy .

The " victim" took his money , bought his old wrecked plane from his ins. co. , had it repaired and went right back to flying .

But , you're right . I have no more business entering lawyer discussions than you have picking football games ! grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by ironbender
I'm impressed by all the forensic investigators and forensic pathologists we have on this board.
.........Back in the 80s, I saw interviews with several of the Dallas doctors, as well as an interview given by Paul Kelly O`Connor (now deceased), who was one of the X ray techs on duty that night at Bethesda. They all state, that there was a large exit wound at the right rear part of the skull and not a wound of entry.

Can someone please explain to me how a wound of entry, created by a 160 gr round nosed bullet fired from a 6.5mm Carcano, can create an entry hole to the skull of around 2 3/4" in diameter???

It doesn`t take a forensic investigator or a foresnic pathologist, of which I`m certainly not either, to figure that out, that bullet entry wounds are much smaller and create far less damage than are bullet exit wounds which are much larger and create far more damage.

My remark was not directed at you bigsqueeze. It was "quick reply" and you were right above me.

The comment stands in regard to this thread. I'll bet a Pepsi no one's thinking gets changed.
..............You`re right. Beliefs now, are pretty much set in stone. But it is interesting, even after all this time and after my several trips to Dealey Plaza.

What I`ve done after googling many times..."zapruder film slow motion"...causes me to really think about the two head shot scenario promoted by Robert Grodin as I have met and talked with him at Dealey during one visit. He suggested that I google this and break it down into to two seperate parts.

When I double click my mouse very very quickly, I can isolate and freeze fractions of each frame. Nearly out of frame 311 going into frame 312 or by mid 312, (freezing there at just the right spot), there is clearly a disruption of hair near the top/rear portion of the president`s skull. Double click the mouse very fast again or maybe once more (freezing there at the right spot), you`ll see faint brain matter in front of Jackie from that same bullet exiting the right temple area. That, is the 1st head shot from the rear, which in frame 313 turns into the violent head explosion. However, that alone does not and cannot account for a large rear exit wound as seen at Parkland or at Bethesda.

To account for such a large rear exit wound at the rear of the skull which those pesky doctors saw, somewhere between late 312 to early 313, another bullet is then fired from the right front entering the right temple area at nearly the same instant. Note at that instant (if you freeze at the right spot), the bulging skull area to the rear of the president`s head, which is "NOT" seen at the very instant of the 1st shot impacting from the rear. There imo, is the 2nd head shot, accounting for the large rear exit wound and also explaining why the president was vaulted violently backwards.

Two seperate shots, from two different directions, impacting almost at the very same instant. The 1st fired from the rear entering the top/rear portion of the skull area clearly exiting the right temple area, while the 2nd enters the right temple area and exits at the right rear portion of the skull, evident by the skull`s rear bulge.

Frames 310 to 328 are shown. Took me a little practice in order to freeze at just the right spots starting from frame 310.

Although something to play around with, I do recognize the gruesome horror, showing a life being violently taken away.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Shoot a large glass jar full of water with a 6.5mm bullet at 100 yards. You're going to find glass everywhere, including the direction the bullet came from.

R.
.............The structure of glass, is not the same as a human skull. Firing a bullet into a glass filled with water, is not the same as a human skull filled with brain. Glass will have a greater tendancy to shatter into hundreds of pieces rather than a human skull.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I have investigated my share of suicide shootings in the head, and I can tell you pieces of skull fragments, brains, noses, ear flaps and eyelids go in a bunch of different directions including straight back toward the muzzle of the rifle.

And I agree with isaac that eye witness testimony is often the easiest to discredit. I would sooner have forensics and documentary evidence any day.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my theory is the only logical one. the parrs put oswald up to it why else would he have at the parr ranch not to long before the assignation.............. grin The Duke of Duval - delion......................Texas Mutiny: Bullets, Ballots and Boss Rule

When Lyndon Johnson earned the nickname "Landslide Lyndon" in 1948, he did much more than barge into the U.S. Senate on the strength of 87 questionable votes. His election sparked a feud between two Texans, one, a powerful political boss, the other a law and order attorney. Their dispute degenerated into murder and a 12 year investigation that landed back on LBJ's doorstep on the eve of his presidency. The setting for the saga was South Texas Duval and Jim Wells counties. The key players were George Parr, �The Duke of Duval,� the boss of the South Texas political machine, patr�n to the Mexican people; and Jake Floyd, prominent attorney, political operative, dairy farmer, Baptist deacon and family man. Through a powerful network of alliances, George Parr controlled politics in 15 South Texas counties and wielded influence at the state capital and in Washington. He also exercised considerable power over economic development in his realm, controlling banks and exacting high tax levies. His stranglehold was anathema to Jake Floyd, who practiced law in Jim Wells County, considered part of the duke's kingdom and next door to Parr�s home of Duval County. Floyd was also a successful businessman, owning dairy farms and a partnership in a profitable oil company. Out of a drive for economic survival and a distaste for corruption, Floyd led the opposition against Parr's near stranglehold. In September 1952, the Parr Floyd adversarial relationship took a personal turn. Becoming more of a menace in various legal battles, Floyd became the target of a Mexican gunman hired by the Parr regime. But the plot went awry. The triggerman killed Floyd's look alike 22 year old son. Parr never went to trial in the murder, but one of his sheriff's deputies, a thug named Mario Sapet, served a 99 year sentence for hiring the killer and providing the murder weapon and getaway car. A Parr compadre, a lawyer named Nago Alaniz, was charged in the case, but was acquitted after the Duke of Duval hired famed Texas attorney Percy Foreman to represent him. The Mexican triggerman, a hoodlum and drug trafficker named Alfredo Cervantes, disappeared into the mountains of his homeland for eight years before he was arrested. It took four more years to bring him to trial, but a Mexican judge eventually found him guilty and sentenced him to a 30 year term. Jake Floyd dedicated the last dozen years of his life to resolving the case, unbowed by a string of obstacles, many of them traceable to George Parr. There was plenty of overt evidence of Parr's involvement in a cover-up. At one point, Alaniz strongly suggested to Floyd that Parr was behind the murder plot. Yet, none of the three men arrested in the case ever told the truth about who was behind the murder. When Parr, himself, was questioned about Buddy Floyd in 1975, just months before the Duke committed suicide, he dismissed the matter with an evasive laugh. George Parr outlived his nemesis Jake Floyd by 11 years, yet he, too, tasted final defeat. The opposition led by Floyd and others continued to win support from the state and ultimately from federal authorities. In the end, Parr chose to end his own life rather than live out his days behind bars...............
( kinda makes since if you knew how the parrs operated if he had his boy LBJ in the highest office in the land he could of continued with his deals without worrying about the feds )

Last edited by stxhunter; 08/26/10.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 36 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.