Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

People who can't even be bothered to vote are unlikely to risk their lives and property in a civil war, one would think.

I find it very hard to take people seriously who talk about armed revolution in the US because they don't like the legally elected government.....that's not protecting the constitution, its destroying it. It's called a coup...and if that's what you want....including killing off the majority whose will you are undoing....well, have at it. But don't pretend you're doing it under the Constitution.

Steve,

Again, you misunderstand me man. Read my post, and you'll see that I advocated for the Ghandi approach. Civil Disobedience. I always went out of my way to say how much I fear the idea of people turning arms on each other. I also stated that I don't believe that's where we are going. Hell, I'm hoping that November elections are the "revolution" that's coming.

Gotta take a breather dude, I'm pretty much on the same side you are here. I DO NOT advocate violence. There is a system in place that I still believe in, that I believe CAN work.

I'm in NO way contorting the Constitution. My posts on here were in response to the outright SHOCK I experienced while over hearing SOLDIERS have this talk.

Ya don't have to preach to me man, I'm in the choirgrin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't think talking armed revolt is much of a substitution for us getting off our collective azzes and doing every bit of hard work we can to change this.

It sounds real dashing, but I doubt many have seriously weighed the real cost and aftermath. Close your eyes and imagine the stench of the decomposing flesh of your loved ones.

We have not bridged the gap between whining and revolt. This requires doing hard work and I still believe one person makes a very real difference.

Cynicism is almost as easy as pandering politics and about as helpful.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My point exactly! +1000000

People need to get off their butts and VOTE. People need to take an interest. They need to examine the politicians BEFORE they go to Washington.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate in recent history who has proposed shrinking the federal government to a manageable level,..and you saw how far *he* got.

People refuse to believe how bad the situation is,..or how much will have to be cut to put Humpty Dumpty together again.

They're going to have to experience it firsthand to believe it,...and there's certainly no guarentees that it can be rebuilt afterwards. In fact, historical precedent strongly indicates that it can't.

When empires collapse,..they don't rise back up.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bristoe is even a good example of where I am coming from. I think he's way out in left field. Crazy as a bat. But I think he's healthy for good debate, and I have ZERO desire to harm the dude.

Note, that I pointed out that it's not ideologies that are troubling people. It's betrayal. I don't think killing people of a different ideology is a healthy thing AT ALL.

Differences of opinion are a healthy thing for a society. I welcome them, much like I welcome Bristoe here.

They're at least good for entertainment grin

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Bristoe is even a good example of where I am coming from. I think he's way out in left field. Crazy as a bat.

I'm crazy as a bat because I understand that the government running a trillion dollar annual deficit means "game over"?

I wish the situation didn't exist as it does,...but its not just my imagination.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nah, there are a million other reasons that make ya crazy as a bat grin

Still, I appreciate your posts, even if I disagree with 99% of them. Welcome at my campfire anytime buddy.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by fish head
"Politics ain't gonna fix this."

On that point I'll respectfully disagree.

We haven't hit political rock bottom yet and I don't believe we'll get there either.

Goverment can and does have huge impact on the finacial foundation of our country. Greed alone will prevent a total enconomic collapse of the United States and it's present form of government. There's too much at stake for those in power that have wealth to prevent utter chaos from occuring. Their and our way of life is at stake. Only with a total economic breakdown of the average American's way of life will there be riots in the streets and people bearing arms against our government. I just don't see that scenario ever happening.

Politicians have a huge responsiblity for what got us here in the first place. Were they totally at fault? NO. However, their actions since the current economic downturn started have compounded the problems along with the current gov spending policies. I also believe their actions in the future are necessary and needed in order to correct it.

At some point in the future someone, or better yet many somones, will step up and put us on the right path.

I haven't given up on America yet. Capitalism will eventually rule the day.

Okay,..tell me where you think a trillion dollars a year can be cut from the budget,...then tell me who out there can get elected president by proposing it.

It has to crash first.

I just don't believe, at this point in time, that the collapse of the United States of America is imminent and on an unchangeable path.

Like I said earlier, as the US goes, the entire world follows. I refuse to believe that we're in the "end times". Your scenario of a "crash" equates to the economic collapse of the entire world and utter anarchy across the globe.

I don't buy into that theory.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"Politics ain't gonna fix this."

On that point I'll respectfully disagree.

We haven't hit political rock bottom yet and I don't believe we'll get there either.

Goverment can and does have huge impact on the finacial foundation of our country. Greed alone will prevent a total enconomic collapse of the United States and it's present form of government. There's too much at stake for those in power that have wealth to prevent utter chaos from occuring. Their and our way of life is at stake. Only with a total economic breakdown of the average American's way of life will there be riots in the streets and people bearing arms against our government. I just don't see that scenario ever happening.

Politicians have a huge responsiblity for what got us here in the first place. Were they totally at fault? NO. However, their actions since the current economic downturn started have compounded the problems along with the current gov spending policies. I also believe their actions in the future are necessary and needed in order to correct it.

At some point in the future someone, or better yet many somones, will step up and put us on the right path.

I haven't given up on America yet. Capitalism will eventually rule the day.

Okay,..tell me where you think a trillion dollars a year can be cut from the budget,...then tell me who out there can get elected president by proposing it.

It has to crash first.

I just don't believe, at this point in time, that the collapse of the United States of America is imminent and on an unchangeable path.

Like I said earlier, as the US goes, the entire world follows. I refuse to believe that we're in the "end times". Your scenario of a "crash" equates to the economic collapse of the entire world and utter anarchy across the globe.

I don't buy into that theory.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HaJ....that wasn't really directed at you, bro.

it was directed at people whose response to losing an election is to wish to turn the US into Lebanon or the Congo.....

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ahh, gotcha!

So, I'M the one that misunderstood! Well, that's par for the coursegrin My apologies then, beer's on me, kinda like the egg ATM.

Yeah, they're tards for sure.

Last edited by HugAJackass; 08/28/10.

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Capitalism will rule the day. I agree completely. There have been plenty of worse times in our history. We don't have tent cities in Central Park or bread lines. We're not fighting Nazi's on the beaches of Italy, or moving national guardsmen into cities to stop race riots.

We have a president that doesn't have the experience, desire, intelligence, or leadership abilities to fix the nation's problems. He is probably the only President in history to have his own VP and Sec of State both on record as having said that he lacks the experience for the office. And they were both obviously correct.

An election or two will clean house and fix that problem. We'll have a far more conservative group in Congress than ever before after November.

Hopefully, that will be enough to fix the problems. Like balanced budgets, smaller federal govt, fewer entitlements, lower taxes, fewer regulations, border security, and I think the most important is term limits. Being an elected official shouldn't be a career, two terms and you're out and no lifetime pension afterwards.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
When the rule of law no longer facilitates life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness, and instead forces the masses to live under tyranny....then the only thing left is a call to arms.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thankfully, we are NO WHERE NEAR that point. Our legal system is strong. Not infallible, but strong. The Constitution IS still the Law of the Land, and when enforced, as it soon will be, things will work out.

Many of the Governors of our States are starting to assert their 10th Amendment rights, people are moved to action as we saw today in DC. If the politicians want their cash cows, they will HAVE to appease the public, or else they are out of office, as this November will prove.

We are a far cry from a call to arms. We are even a far cry from civil unrest. I'd say we are at civil discomfort, and people are starting to readjust.

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The federal budget for 2010 is 3.55 trillion.

29% of it is paid with debt.

So,.. balancing the budget would require a 29% cut with the same level of taxation that we currently have.

It can be done. In fact, the budget could be cut far beyond 29%. But doing so is going to gore virtually everybody's ox,..and nobody will vote for anyone who proposes that until they experience the consequences of *not* voting for that.

It's got to boil down first.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Need the Fair Tax. It isn't the fix for everything, but it sure would be a HUGE step in the right direction. It would eliminate all those back door deals politicians make with corporations for tax loopholes in exchange for millions into their campaigns (and personal accounts).

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Need the Fair Tax. It isn't the fix for everything, but it sure would be a HUGE step in the right direction. It would eliminate all those back door deals politicians make with corporations for tax loopholes in exchange for millions into their campaigns (and personal accounts).

Why would the federal government make a deal that eliminates the source of revenue which fuels its member's campaigns?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My fear stems from the fact that we are still seeing the same old faces and hearing the same old platitudes from all the usual suspects. If we cannot find new and true men & women of character to step up to the plate we are in deep kimche, period.

It absolutely amazes me that folks deny that capitalism WORKS, but it is the only thing that can save this great nation, the government can not do it, it is in the way dammitt. Great advances in agriculture and manufacturing is what built us as a nation, not a bunch of hall walkers in DC fer cats sake.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
B
Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate in recent history who has proposed shrinking the federal government to a manageable level,..and you saw how far *he* got.

People refuse to believe how bad the situation is,..or how much will have to be cut to put Humpty Dumpty together again.

They're going to have to experience it firsthand to believe it,...and there's certainly no guarentees that it can be rebuilt afterwards. In fact, historical precedent strongly indicates that it can't.

When empires collapse,..they don't rise back up.

I have to agree with Bristoe that the black cloud raining on this parade isn't necessarily who's in office right now, its what he and many predecessors have done to our fiscal policy for half a century. Its almost irreversible...

The other thing to consider for all of us guys on the right side of things is, what do we really want? None of us have ever lived in the original form of Constitutional gov't like the founders did. Their form of the original Republica began changing shortly after inception. We've all been living 150 years since then and the Republic we've known has experienced a constant growth of gov't and Progressivism.

So if you want to get back to the Reagan days, we might just need a couple of favorable conservative elections. If you want to get back to the Founder's style you have a long and short route. Long route is probably a 100+ years of undoing Progressivism, educating people, changing hearts and minds, etc. Short route is either the system collapsing from bad monetary policy, or from internal revolution. There's no guarantee you'll get the original Republic though, because a lot of the folks may be looking for handouts and not freedom, therefore a hardcore dictatorship might fill in the vacuum.

Something to consider is, sadly most folks don't want our original form of the Republic, and I'm talking even about a lot of folks on the right. They may cry foul when big brother raises taxes, puts up speed cameras, etc, etc. But they don't mind suckling off the gov't teat when they need it. Polls show this as most folks want a "situational gov't" one that steps in when needed but steps out when not. Gee wouldn't that be nice, IF IT WORKED...........

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For once, I agree. I don't see the Fair Tax getting approved. It sure as heck would be nice though, huh?

Turdlike, by default.
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 3,305 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,591
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.