-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Almost as stupid as some here thinking some gold coins and .22LR's are going to get them through the tough times when the [bleep] hits..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Please clarify your position Steve....

If after all rule of law has been exausted (a very broad scope of cumulative circumstances I know), and it ultimately comes to armed conflict to restore the US Constitution to it's full intended meaning of The People, for The People, by The People; then you will forego the intended purpose of the Second Amendment and be unwilling to participate....correct?

WW....it is shocking how many people can't tell the difference between losing an election and being subject to the policies of a side you don't like and a sufficient cause to rip the republic apart, destroying civil society and the economy probably for generations.

civil wars aren't neat tidy little things you can limit....look at Spain, look at Lebanon, look at the Congo...hell, look at the US during the unpleasantness.

when you can't publish a newspaper or a blog, or speak in public against the regime, or run for office, or file a suit against a government policy, or get on talk radio and call the president a lying Muslim scumbag, or when an election is postponed......then you come back and we'll talk about armed rebellion. till that happens, it's childish nonsense that distracts from what we should be about.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be quiet you elitist bastid.

You to Bob. grin

I don't think anyone is advocating revolution now, just saying that the people have a right to overthrow an oppressive regime.

I think everyone agrees that at the end of the day, the people do have a right by hook or crook to bring to an end a regime that has caused irreparable harm to our country and it's citizens.

If anyone thinks we are there yet speak up.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Please clarify your position Steve....

If after all rule of law has been exausted (a very broad scope of cumulative circumstances I know), and it ultimately comes to armed conflict to restore the US Constitution to it's full intended meaning of The People, for The People, by The People; then you will forego the intended purpose of the Second Amendment and be unwilling to participate....correct?

WW....it is shocking how many people can't tell the difference between losing an election and being subject to the policies of a side you don't like and a sufficient cause to rip the republic apart, destroying civil society and the economy probably for generations.

civil wars aren't neat tidy little things you can limit....look at Spain, look at Lebanon, look at the Congo...hell, look at the US during the unpleasantness.

when you can't publish a newspaper or a blog, or speak in public against the regime, or run for office, or file a suit against a government policy, or get on talk radio and call the president a lying Muslim scumbag, or when an election is postponed......then you come back and we'll talk about armed rebellion. till that happens, it's childish nonsense that distracts from what we should be about.

You, again, assume that it has to do with losing an election. That's just becoming more of a focal point. The underlying problems transcend administrations.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well, then if it's so self evident vote in the people you want....

or are you suggesting that some group gets to appoint itself to overrule the voters?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Lord,

They're still at it!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You're assuming that anyone running is someone that is wanted, or that many are finding that it makes any difference any more which party gets in.

I didn't posit any such assumption, but you certainly are jumping to those conclusions that make your position easier to defend.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You'll note that both officers & NCO's were openly discussing it. I only spent 6 yrs. active & that was quite a while ago, things may have changed a bit but not so much that I can't read between the lines & what I'm reading boils down to what must be being discussed at higher levels & making its way down the chain of command...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Common sense isn't class specific. This is mostly a prime example of when frustrations and emotion override the logic and reason 90% of the 24 gang possesses. Come middle November 2011, there will be a sense of calm which will begin creeping back in.

Folks need to focus their vigorous energies to the hills and roads of their own voting districts rather than those leading to the Capitol!! Savor the moment of what November 4th could be bringing us. Plus, who revolts on opening day, anyways??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and I heard stuff at a flag officers' mess the night before Clinton's inauguration that was as bad as anything you can imagine.....people blow off steam. one thing you can bet your ass on.....when coup plotting gets serious, it gets very quiet and private. to the extent that people are talking about it outside a very secure environment with very limited listeners, you know it isn't serious.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
What's childish Steve, is not admitting things could easily turn that direction if allowed to continue as they have......with a government that ignores what The People want/need with every stroke of thier legislative pen.

I'll assume you won't be willing to participate......

Just curious though....say a man such as yourself was caught up in something that the rule of law (re,.gov) couldn't/wouldn't help, or fix, in the heat of the moment.

Say, oh, something like the aftermath of a devastating hurricane, just for a curious example.....wondering, what would Steve_NO be willing to do.

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by isaac
Common sense isn't class specific. This is mostly a prime example of when frustrations and emotion override the logic and reason 90% of the 24 gang possesses. Come middle November 2011, there will be a sense of calm which will begin creeping back in.

Folks need to focus their vigorous energies to the hills and roads of their own voting districts rather than those leading to the Capitol!! Savor the moment of what November 4th could be bringing us. Plus, who revolts on opening day, anyways??

Like Steve, you assume that changing the politicians in control will make any difference.

You may be right. Damn, I hope so.

I just don't believe it.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
What's childish Steve, is not admitting things could easily turn that direction if allowed to continue as they have......with a government that ignores what The People want/need with every stroke of thier legislative pen.

Just curious though....say a man such as yourself was caught up in something that the rule of law (re,.gov) couldn't/wouldn't help, or fix, in the heat of the moment.

Say, oh, something like the aftermath of a devastating hurricane, just for a curious example.....wondering, what would Steve_NO be willing to do.

It ain't about political party, either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like Steve, you assume that changing the politicians in control will make any difference.

You may be right. Damn, I hope so.

I just don't believe it.

hope and change, hope and change

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

It ain't about political party, either.

Nope, it isn't....

A point missed entirely by the current ruling class....and by the latter.

It's all about the loss of faith in the current "bidness as usual" in Washington.

This current administration is just doing a better job at focusing that discontentment......

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're assuming that anyone running is someone that is wanted, or that many are finding that it makes any difference any more which party gets in.

I didn't posit any such assumption, but you certainly are jumping to those conclusions that make your position easier to defend.

so you're saying you can't even find anybody to run who supports your ideas?

so what's the next step? impose your will on the country by force of arms? if you don't even have enough support to get someone to run who supports your views, how you figure to win a civil war, assuming what was left at the end would be worth running anyway.

seems to me your only option is electoral outreach, and trying to convince voters to see it your way

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

so you're saying you can't even find anybody to run who supports your ideas?

so what's the next step? impose your will on the country by force of arms? if you don't even have enough support to get someone to run who supports your views, how you figure to win a civil war, assuming what was left at the end would be worth running anyway.

seems to me your only option is electoral outreach, and trying to convince voters to see it your way

Didn't say any of that, Steve, and you know it.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No Roy...it could and would never be a easy turn in that direction. Bam-Bam isn't the only president who signed into laws Bills which were opposed by the majority.The Bills you speak of haven't even gone into effect as yet. They mostly likely won't either. Things such as this happens and, when it does, you make your points and displeasure known every 2nd and 4th year during November.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

you don't have to assume anything....I just gave you a laundry list of things that I would consider deal-breakers. none of them have occurred, and none of them are likely to...if and when they do, like I said, get back to me.

I don't keep a thousand rounds of 5.56 in magazines just to repel nutria invasions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are the nutria planning a coup?

Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (19rabbit52, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 3,208 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,627
Posts18,533,169
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.