Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 438 of 1,842 1 2 436 437 438 439 440 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dag nabbit Ryan! I read your post about the song that takes your mind off of things early this AM and I STILL have it stuck in my head! crazy

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's got a lot of room to roam in there Rooster. grin Sorry, you t'd it up, I had to take a swing.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
sorry, I had to do it smile its been stuck in my head all day too smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
It's got a lot of room to roam in there Rooster. grin Sorry, you t'd it up, I had to take a swing.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
With the sounds of canadian geese getting us fired up for saturday I just wanted to leave this picture in your minds eye.

Cubed fresh goose breast wrapped in smoked thick cut bacon after it has been marinated in south american steak sauce. Grilled. Served with fresh baked bread and sweet butter sauteed mushrooms. Add an ice cold Fat Tire beer and life will be most excellant.

Gonna be all the better as my oldest daughter is coming home this weekend with her boyfriend that we really like. The boyfriend plans on going to hunt with us as well as our adopted former college kid who is coming up just to hang with us and also hunt.

The girls are all going shopping while we are out in the blinds.

Just a laid back mellow weekend.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
sounds like pretty awesome plans.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by big drift
...it has been marinated in south american steak sauce.

do you mean chimichurri sauce? i'll have to try that on some goose this year.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I found a field and am bringing the little girl out goose hunting on saturday. plenty of snacks and a couple of camo burlap covers and we are good to go. She is pretty excited.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
sjb - it is a identical homemade version of essies, it is a argentine marinade which is wonderful on everything. I will look up chimichurri and see how similar it is.

Berettaman- they are definitely flocking up and with temps dropping friday night I am really hoping they turn on the feed bag.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser

I don't know how you guys can eat that stuff. I like a lot of foods, but waterfowl isn't one of them. Maybe it's just been the way I've had it prepared.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are getting pounded with rain tonight. We needed a little but at this rate with all the heaviy rain we have had, we won't get the grass replanted out back. Although it is good for the new 6 foot evergreens we had put in this summer.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I saw the squll line on the news. 400 miles long! We won't get much here. Pretty dry too, we could use it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser

I don't know how you guys can eat that stuff. I like a lot of foods, but waterfowl isn't one of them. Maybe it's just been the way I've had it prepared.

A good way to get rid of goose meat is to make jerky out of it, my BIL had some made and wanted me to guess what it was made out of, I guessed everything but goose! It was good.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
we got a good bit of rain as well, we were in a tornado watch for most of the day yesterday, we've had so many this summer they should just post the tornado threat level like the fire danger and we can check it as we drive by the sign.
had a buddy over last night and loaded some ammo for him to deer hunt with, he brought me some home brew beer he made and I loaded 2 boxes of .223 partitions (40 rounds) for him. the beer was good I figured it was an even trade.
tomorrow I get to go back to the VA for an MRI, its only been 2 1/2 years since I had any treatment, better late than never.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow what a rain storm, wicked lighting too, we had some nasty strikes close to the house.

Well here guys, I finally got some photos loaded up of the new clear cut on the way in to camp.

[Linked Image]

not sure if you can make it out but there is a car trailer with a fuel tank on it left of that mono boom de limber. That's about where dusty used to park his truck or prowler when he would walk back into his stand.

Here i've turned the corner and I'm headed for the corner in the trail that has the gray ladder stand.

[Linked Image]

Proof that MY deer is still around grin what a horse!

[Linked Image]

some more mixed shots of the clear cut area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

view from the gray ladder

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_4825.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_4829.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My son has his ducks/geese made into hot sticks. I had some this spring and they were great.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
T the biggest thing like all game is to keep it from drying out, hence the bacon. Jerky is good but my kids eat to much that I usually dont have enough left over for it.

Dave- Was that the work of Craig up there? I am betting that area over the next few years will get to be a hot spot for deer with your property being a bedding / travel area.

Ryan- Not sure if you've joined a vets organization yet but it may be worthwhile you looking into, they have the pull and connections to help get things accomplished when it comes to dealing with the forces of chaos known as the VA.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That gray ladder will be a good spot to sit! and in a year or two you'll be covered with grouse. You'll have to swat em like flies. smile

It's so much nicer in MN State forestes how they actually cut. In WI the tree huggers have it so buggered up they hardly cut anything anymore. The WI county forests get a cutting sometimes but that's it.

Last edited by tzone; 08/31/10.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dave- Was that the work of Craig up there? I am betting that area over the next few years will get to be a hot spot for deer with your property being a bedding / travel area.

No I'm out of Craig's area. A local forester set this sale up. I actually talked to him on Sunday, he stopped by our camp. Nice guy.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holy WOW, it really looks different up there.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Page 438 of 1,842 1 2 436 437 438 439 440 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,466 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.