Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GregW
Friend,

I'd most definitely reconsider those two you mention being the only ones who put up those "type" of numbers on PM.

Hyperwrx- I believe you misunderstood what Greg was saying. I believe he meant that they are not the only ones. Plus I can't say I've ever come across anyone on any of the boards who would really go after Tony. He's got a rep as being a class act. Never meet him in person though.

Greg- You going to the Rondi this year?

Bad decisions make good stories.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MOGC
I have never seen more competitiveness, jealousy, literal hatred, and pure juvenile horse sheet on the Internet than between the various predator hunting websites. Absolutely moronic... of course money, inflated egos, and the lust for fame will do that to the weak of character.

+ 1...

I 100% totally agree...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hyperwrx
Greg-
I would bet I know those 2 guys better than you do. The 2 individuals I mentioned both placed at the World Coyote Calling Champions last year in Colorado. I have spoken with them at length many times and shared a table with them at Worlds last year. Worlds are an invitation only event and they did quite well. Tony calls in and shoot more coyotes in the fall/winter/spring than 99% of the hunters on PM. Part of that is due to the coyote dense populations where he is hunting. part of it is because he is good at what he does. When you are shooting hundreds of coyotes you can't help but learn coyote behavior and how to use it to your advantage when hunting. Numbers = knowledge.

I am sure there are veteran hunters that are better that don't post or even get on the internet but we're not talking about those. We were talking about your typical PM poster.

Everyone knows the best hunters on the internet congregate at Leonard's board. I could list them but it makes little difference. PM's membership mean average on coyotes harvested each year is probably under 5. The site is geared toward the new predator caller. Don't go there for in-depth knowledge.

Scott,

You probably do. I won't say much more on the matter as I'm sure we have some external viewers looking if you know what I mean.

I believe you misunderstood me as Boomy pointed out. Don't let the folks on PM who post up numbers and kills to try to sell hunts to newbie's make you believe they are the only ones who kill those numbers. I can think of quite a few on that very board who I know quite well that do. They don't have any want/need to share as they don't get into the drama like MOGC mentioned that seems to follow every predator hunters around. And like you mentioned, PM is geared towards the newbie's.

The areas in question are loaded with coyotes as you mention as well. The calling in those areas used to be phenomenal but the folks around Carlsbad, Artesia, and Roswell learned what a Foxpro was. Makes it a little more challenging.

If you want to kill some fox, you out to Texas sometime and we can put you on some fox that you can see coming more than 20 yards away...grin...

- Greg

H
H

If you want to kill some fox, you out to Texas sometime and we can put you on some fox that you can see coming more than 20 yards away...grin...

Is that an invitation? Be careful. have truck... will drive.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You'll be in the neighborhood of the "coyote hunter extraordinaire" himself!!!! lil berry! good luck Hyper:)

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Vic, why don't you go ahead & sign up for the world hunt in Belen this year. I'm sure we could use some "donators". grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
H
I think Vic should sign up and Barry too. One of the two has a superb track record when it comes marksmanship, understanding coyote behavior, and competitive contests. If he cared to enter Worlds, I'd probably bid on him in the Calcutta as I'd expect him to place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barry and his partner are already signed up.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
H
I am glad Barry signed up. Someone let him know his pooch can't participate. I don't suppose Barry teamed up with Vic?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Im crushed....berry didn't ask me to be his pard; I suppose that mutt buttster will be in full camo, and be passed off as his midget partner:)

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It appears someone has a man crush...grin...

- Greg

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Hyperwrx

Is that an invitation? Be careful. have truck... will drive.

+1 on the jealousy thing...

and +1 on fox in Texas (referring to the four-legged variety, as I'm married to one of the two-legged models).

Some of the most fun I've ever had -- and some of the easiest calling I've ever done for both fox and bobcat -- was in Texas. Last time I was there, on a deer hunt, I only had a very small window of opportunity to sneak in some calling. Made only four stands and called in two gray fox and two bobcats. I can handle those odds all day long...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scott, I know the rules. They sent my copy with our team number. My dog will sorely miss not going hunting... wink
And I wouldn't ask Vic. He's way better than me anyway. Plus, I like to see the bullet that gets me from the front. not a backshot.

I'll bet you are Vic. (crushed). laugh My loss is someone else's gain, for sure. I don't think anyone will confuse my pard for a midget though.... wink I kinda like him. He's honest, knowlegable, and realizes that while others might consider him very good at what he does, he doesn't make himself appear to look larger than life by putting others down. He's kinda like me, in the respect that we don't think that calling coyotes well is bestowed upon just a couple of individuals exclusively by God himself, and that thinks God further endowed them with supreme authority to call anyone else idiots. Even if we HAD hunted with someone, and had a vague clue as to their ability, we wouldn't lie about them in public, or certainly wouldn't make comments about them with no firsthand experience. Class is easy to recognize. A turd with a camo covering is still a turd, and most people can smell them a mile away.

In fact, I wish you boys would pony up for the event. I welcome the challange. Plus, I DO recognize that other guys have a clue. Vic is a great caller and shot from what I hear. Besides, how often will you guys actually GET the chance to prove the banter? Walk the walk, if you talk the talk.

BTW, Greg is spot on about PM being a place the beginners come to learn about predator hunting & the tools of the trade....

I guess when you reach the point of mastering the craft, and then start to belittle people based on their inexperience, but willingness to learn, you can get your own gathering place of "Professionals", and see how well that works for you. Maybe the 'monthly' post someone makes there will be about how "good" you are, but, I kinda doubt it.... Even it it was about you, I doubt you could hear it for all the tooting of the horns all at once. smirk

There's something to be said about those that are willing to teach others to enjoy the same sport. But, I know.....It's way more entertaining & fun to try & destroy the newbies, and bash those that do try & help, right? frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Agreed; we are both on the same page....most savvy callers can spot a phony a mile away, maybe further:)

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You can find your share of phonies in the big name hunts. Someone is always # last...

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.